Welcome Welcome Hugh Davies!!! - Pick 33 in the 2022 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Davies can play unlike Giddey.
Nice hot take. šŸ¤£

I must have missed when Davies won the Rising Star award in the AFL or was named to the AFLPA Best 22 under 22.

Giddey was RotY in the 2021 season of the NBL and NBA All-Rookie 2nd Team in 2022, not to mention FIBA Rising Star at the 2023 World Cup.

Fair enough criticising his play this year for OKC but to suggest he can't play is just peddling bullshit.

actually i know i was the one to compare to giddey. but i would like to say 2 things.

1) i said hopefully its similar
2) giddey's situation is very different. it was consensual and tbh if we compared it with australia vs us laws it wasn't underaged for australia. 19 and 16 year olds is weird for australia though.

Nice hot take. šŸ¤£

I must have missed when Davies won the Rising Star award in the AFL or was named to the AFLPA Best 22 under 22.

Giddey was RotY in the 2021 season of the NBL and NBA All-Rookie 2nd Team in 2022, not to mention FIBA Rising Star at the 2023 World Cup.

Fair enough criticising his play this year for OKC but to suggest he can't play is just peddling bullshit.
Giddey could play. Heā€™s shit now.

actually i know i was the one to compare to giddey. but i would like to say 2 things.

1) i said hopefully its similar
2) giddey's situation is very different. it was consensual and tbh if we compared it with australia vs us laws it wasn't underaged for australia. 19 and 16 year olds is weird for australia though.
Yeah itā€™s the whole consensual part thatā€™s the issue. Based on the accounts commenting itā€™s likely the situation is between a 19 and 17 year old which would be a non issue otherwise.

Last edited:
Giddey could play. Heā€™s shit now.

No he's not, he until now has been in a position where he isn't set up to succeed.

The fact that he continued to play more mins than he probably should have in the past season shows how much they actually rated him as a player.

Interestingly though i think he might be an absolute flog. That OKC team is very connected and there always seemed to be one face missing from all online videos, celebrations etc........

No he's not, he until now has been in a position where he isn't set up to succeed.

The fact that he continued to play more mins than he probably should have in the past season shows how much they actually rated him as a player.

Interestingly though i think he might be an absolute flog. That OKC team is very connected and there always seemed to be one face missing from all online videos, celebrations etc........
Footage of teams literally running away from him on defence because heā€™s such a non threat is hilarious though

Footage of teams literally running away from him on defence because heā€™s such a non threat is hilarious though

As an OKC fan i disagree :p

But you absolutely nailed my point there. Ball handler who can't shoot, basically the opposite of Alex Caruso.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish I could like this more for the use of the term 'bloodnut'.
Is "bloodnut" or "ranga" an offensive term? I personally wouldn't like it. Was chatting to the father of an up and coming NGA player whose son was tormented by kids calling him a "curry muncher". Kids probably believe they are the first ones to have thought of it and have no idea about the ramifications.

I'm not a redhead, so not sure how I would feel.

Is "bloodnut" or "ranga" an offensive term? I personally wouldn't like it. Was chatting to the father of an up and coming NGA player whose son was tormented by kids calling him a "curry muncher". Kids probably believe they are the first ones to have thought of it and have no idea about the ramifications.

As a redhead, itā€™s about intention. When my mates say it, I know theyā€™re tacking the mick but donā€™t mean it in a nasty way.

On the other hand, my primary school was performing at Burswood when I was probably 10ish and as a stagehand is ushering us onto stage, he goes ā€œget out there rangaā€. Now he probably wasnā€™t trying to be an arse, but I didnā€™t know him and was probably 2-3 decades younger than him. As with most things, youā€™d want to know the person before bringing the word out.

As a redhead, itā€™s about intention. When my mates say it, I know theyā€™re tacking the mick but donā€™t mean it in a nasty way.

On the other hand, my primary school was performing at Burswood when I was probably 10ish and as a stagehand is ushering us onto stage, he goes ā€œget out there rangaā€. Now he probably wasnā€™t trying to be an arse, but I didnā€™t know him and was probably 2-3 decades younger than him. As with most things, youā€™d want to know the person before bringing the word out.
thanks for sharing your thoughts!

so, if we all showed up in red wigs, that would be bad? :)

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I will even refer to myself as a ranga or bloodnut. Fanta pants is another good one.

If red heads move to being protected that will only leave bald men as the ones left that society can freely take the piss out of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome Hugh Davies!!! - Pick 33 in the 2022 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back