Toast Welcome Liam Henry

Remove this Banner Ad

They should have got him to have a crack at singing the song.
Not as if there are a lot of words in it.
We have a rugby team here in Isa called the Bulldogs whose entire song consists of one word “Bulldogs” sung to a tune.
They even print out song sheets and run the new boys through it every year. 🤩

Good Luck to Liam over there.

I was always a fan of Liam the person, as he seemed a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. Playing wise though I could never see the hype. He was drafted as "quick" and "silky skilled". Some were even saying the next Michael Walters small forward type. However, he's not quick - not a fast line breaker like Hill, and his skills were always quite poor - poor shot for goal and no penetration on his kick. He at least improved hi tackling ability this year which helped him in the contest.

He finally played a few really good games for us this year - go back and watch his game against Essendon. He grew some confidence and was obviously given a better (clearer) role by the coaches. He still had a great tendency to bite off way more than he could chew - taking options that were much too risky which resulted in bad turnovers.

I'm a massive RL fan and wish we never got rid of him at Freo. I think Ross will be a great coach for Liam, likely to simplify the game and his role which will help him with his risk taking. Probably needs to find space more, run more and shorten his kicks to reduce his turnovers.

All the best to him and you guys. Would love to see the world go full cycle and Ross lift the cup at the saints (as long as it's not against Freo).

Good Luck to Liam over there.

I was always a fan of Liam the person, as he seemed a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. Playing wise though I could never see the hype. He was drafted as "quick" and "silky skilled". Some were even saying the next Michael Walters small forward type. However, he's not quick - not a fast line breaker like Hill, and his skills were always quite poor - poor shot for goal and no penetration on his kick. He at least improved hi tackling ability this year which helped him in the contest.

He finally played a few really good games for us this year - go back and watch his game against Essendon. He grew some confidence and was obviously given a better (clearer) role by the coaches. He still had a great tendency to bite off way more than he could chew - taking options that were much too risky which resulted in bad turnovers.

I'm a massive RL fan and wish we never got rid of him at Freo. I think Ross will be a great coach for Liam, likely to simplify the game and his role which will help him with his risk taking. Probably needs to find space more, run more and shorten his kicks to reduce his turnovers.

All the best to him and you guys. Would love to see the world go full cycle and Ross lift the cup at the saints (as long as it's not against Freo).
thanks for the freo perspective. I think a few are thinking that x factor small forward type but from what I've seen and heard he's actually not quite that type like you say. I'm hoping he becomes a hard working two way winger like a shorter version of what Mason Wood does for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back