Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LIAM STOCKER

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember this too and went back to have a look. In the last quarter with 5:06 left on the clock (1h57m35s into the replay) he yells something down the phone. Although as far as I can tell he says "Get *en Stocker off". Maybe not though - I can't lip read either.

View attachment 1711513

Yeah, I think it may look a bit more like that. Lyon seems quite tough on Stocker. He's got a talent for getting the absolute best out of players so maybe that's what Stock needs?

I remember this too and went back to have a look. In the last quarter with 5:06 left on the clock (1h57m35s into the replay) he yells something down the phone. Although as far as I can tell he says "Get *en Stocker off". Maybe not though - I can't lip read either.

View attachment 1711513
Get the ****ing streaker off IMO.

How's Enright look of despair immediately after LOL

Given how well Stock has acquitted himself here, Dow should be begging for a trade to us by the end of the year. Runs hard tackles hard and racks up disposals with awful disposal. He’s basically Clint Jones MkII
I’m all for taking Dow. He is in and under and as long as he knows his limitations Ross can turn him into a good player.

Also playing in a midfield with Cripps and co

It doesn't tend to hide those with ability.
by 60 games Ablett, Selwood and Bartell had all posted some pretty good contested numbers in a midfield with each other in it. Not always , but often enough so you'd know.

With Cripps out of form, the Blues would bring Dow in if he was the saviour.

Stock had a massive impact on ball tonight, loved his physicality. Really hope we persist with him as a tagger/defensive mid. Let him and Steele go to work on Cripps next week.

Was drafted as a big bodied mid, would love to see him get a chance to throw his weight around in there more often. Could see him playing a similar role to Jack Crisp, switching between half back with stints on ball when needed.

I thought only earning the one year extension last year was rough, assuming it was club initiated. He has definitely done enough to earn a multiple year extension, we lack players in his age bracket and seems like a leader. No doubt the boys walk taller playing alongside him, has some campaigner we are lacking. Lock him away SOS and co 🤞

Stock had a massive impact on ball tonight, loved his physicality. Really hope we persist with him as a tagger/defensive mid. Let him and Steele go to work on Cripps next week.

Was drafted as a big bodied mid, would love to see him get a chance to throw his weight around in there more often. Could see him playing a similar role to Jack Crisp, switching between half back with stints on ball when needed.

I thought only earning the one year extension last year was rough, assuming it was club initiated. He has definitely done enough to earn a multiple year extension, we lack players in his age bracket and seems like a leader. No doubt the boys walk taller playing alongside him, has some campaigner we are lacking. Lock him away SOS and co 🤞
If he further improves his tank, I think he should be included in the midfield rotation.. people calling for Owens to play midfield minutes when he is not even a natural mid(fumbles and just lack general midfield craft), at least Stocker was a gun insider mid in junior footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he further improves his tank, I think he should be included in the midfield rotation.. people calling for Owens to play midfield minutes when he is not even a natural mid(fumbles and just lack general midfield craft), at least Stocker was a gun insider mid in junior footy.
Chito is an interesting one. I agree he looks look a bit lost in his limited minutes on ball this year but I’m definitely not convinced he’s a forward either. Whilst he rarely gets beat one on one, he isn’t a one grab mark and has a wonky set shot. I’ve felt in many games this year he’s been wasted in that 3rd tall role.

I’d be all for giving him a preseason in the midfield to transition and learn his craft. Ross and many on here seem pretty keen on keeping him primarily forward though so I’m probably in the minority.

Last edited:
Chito is an interesting one. I agree he looks look a bit lost in his limited minutes on ball this year but I’m definitely not convinced he’s a forward either. Whilst he rarely gets beat one on one, he isn’t a one grab mark and has a wonky set shot. I’ve felt in many games this year he’s been wasted in that 3rd tall role.

I’d be all for giving him a preseason in the midfield to transition and learn his craft. Ross and many on here seem pretty keen on keeping him primarily forward though so I’m probably in the minority.
Could not agree more. Seems we have pigeon holed him as a forward only. Lunacy if you ask me.

He is a contested animal, give him time in the guts he will figure it out. A Owens/Pou combo looks damn exciting to me.

Could not agree more. Seems we have pigeon holed him as a forward only. Lunacy if you ask me.

He is a contested animal, give him time in the guts he will figure it out. A Owens/Pou combo looks damn exciting to me.
If Mitch is to become a mid he's going to have to spend a lot of weeks in Sandy learning the craft in 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LIAM STOCKER

Remove this Banner Ad

Back