"Welcome To Country" Speeches .......... Gone Too Far Now ??

Remove this Banner Ad

I have remarried and have been for near on 12 years now.

And in case you are making assumptions (which you look like you are)...
I am married to a beautiful 36yo Australian lady, who is a theatre nurse at a prominent Melbourne hospital.

She is not a Thai lady (though I do have friends with international wives) as you are eluding to and what may I ask is the issue with that?

I admit (and I tell her this regularly), that she must have lost a bet because she is way too good for me :thumbsupv1:.

However the plan is to go to our villa on the beach in Ko Sumui in a couple of years (with my wife) and retire.

I will get away from Australia and its BS and live with a smile on my face, without worrying that I may offend someone with my ability to think differently and not how I am instructed.

As this is four years away, bad luck son, I am all yours amd am here to enjoy the misery of your football club.
Well, all I can say, is;

1. Well done on scoring a 36 year old if you’re about to retire
2. Happy to enjoy the misery of the MFC with you, it’s not like I am not used to it!

Oh no, did I have an opinion that is different from yours and others?
Did I offend you?
If you were less obnoxious while being wrong about stuff, you might make more friends. :thumbsu:

Did I offend you?

You know it is ok to have a differing opinion to someone else.

I am an Australian resident, I pay my taxes (a sh*t tonne more than you, I would imagine), so I can think what I like.
Yes the Australian way is fast becoming "dont speak and follow like sheep, or be looked down upon" but I am lucky enough to not care too much about that.

So I will think and feel however I like.
And you my fine little friend are more than welcome to do the same.

That is the difference between us, I welcome your opinion, even if it is different to mine.

WOW, we should all be so lucky, as what an awesome existence that would be.
Keep up the energy you miserable old fart.

Grampa Simpson Grandpa GIF by MOODMAN

Because you're irrelevant?

Are you Aboriginal, or are you irrelevant? Do your kids know that you're not like them?

They're half Aboriginal, because your seed doesn't even originate from Australia you stupid fool 🤣🤣🤣
The words ‘half’ Aboriginal’ are really offensive.

Doesn't sound like you're the most welcoming person in the world based on this thread.
But that is the thing, I am.
I welcome everyone's thoughts, whilst still being entitled to my own.

I just dont like being told what to do and near on demanded how to think.
Then be looked down upon when I dare have a differing opinion.

Is that wrong?

Did I offend you?

You know it is ok to have a differing opinion to someone else.

I am an Australian resident, I pay my taxes (a sh*t tonne more than you, I would imagine), so I can think what I like.
Yes the Australian way is fast becoming "dont speak and follow like sheep, or be looked down upon" but I am lucky enough to not care too much about that.

So I will think and feel however I like.
And you my fine little friend are more than welcome to do the same.

That is the difference between us, I welcome your opinion, even if it is different to mine.

WOW, we should all be so lucky, as what an awesome existence that would be.
You say you pay your taxes which is always a red flag to rubbish something.
It's ok to have an opinion , but if it's an ignorant opinion , it doesn't count.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't it first staged by Ernie Dingo in the 1970's to welcome a group of islander people to Australia on a visit or something

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's been debunked. What Ernie and his mate did was create a sanitised version for non-indigenous people. The traditional welcome to country dating back who the hell knows how long, likely millenia, was strictly meant to be bettween two indigenous clans, not between one indigenous and one non-indigenous.
The version we're getting at AFL games and the opening of post boxes is not the real deal, for good cultural reason

If you were less obnoxious while being wrong about stuff, you might make more friends. :thumbsu:
Chief, it is my view mate, just because it is different to yours and most likely others, doesn't make it wrong.

If you think it is, that is your opinion and that doesn't make you wrong.
Opinions are like arseholes my friend, we all have them.
And that is ok because that is how it should be.

Surely you dont believe that we should think the same? How boring would that be.

I like to play devils advocate (with most things), as it creates discussion.
There will be others who agree with me but they know the ramifications for having an opinion that is different.
And for some that is not worth the effort.

As my wife, kids, friends and staff tell me, I dont have a verbal filter.
But that's ok it is just how I am.
I am polite (to a point), generous (I even bought the Mallacoota Fire brigade a new captain's vehicle after the fires) and helpful where I can. But I will not be told how I should think or act and if people dont like that, then I am ok with that.

I know I am a good person, so other people thoughts on me dont really matter.

Also I dont need more friends, I have just the right amount :thumbsupv1:

Just went back and watched it and it is just divisive crap.

It is getting beyond a joke now, how wit is shoved down our throats everyday.
I have to do this BS at every meeting I have, even if it is on ZOOM.

I think you're getting welcome to country and acknowledgement of country confused.
The first is an important part of indigenous culture. The second is meaningless performative crap by non-indigenous at the start of every bloody meeting, lecture, performance etc

Just went back and watched it and it is just divisive crap.

It is getting beyond a joke now, how wit is shoved down our throats everyday.
I have to do this BS at every meeting I have, even if it is on ZOOM.
Next I will have a WTC to order a pizza.

Australia has gone mad with the way the country is going.
Between the corrupt and weak Governments, to the people who protest for the sake of protesting all the way to the people who fight a cause they know little about.
Australia just isnt that enjoyable anymore.

The sooner I can retire and leave this overtaxed, over governed, miserable place the better.

You have a Welcome to Country at every meeting? Very strange.

You say you pay your taxes which is always a red flag to rubbish something.
It's ok to have an opinion , but if it's an ignorant opinion , it doesn't count.
T
Ok lets break this down.

So it is ok to have an opinion but if it is considered ignorant by your opinion, than it doesn't count.

So it is best to not have an opinion, just agree with your opinion and all is good.

Got it :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

"Welcome To Country" Speeches .......... Gone Too Far Now ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back