"Welcome To Country" Speeches .......... Gone Too Far Now ??

Remove this Banner Ad

What a seriously crap comment. A nothing comment that shows you don't have much of an argument.

Facts are facts. You seem to ignore facts that don't suit your agenda. And make up others. And then throw mud and call people racist.

Well it is in fact you and the red neck racists you despise holding this country back from healing and actually becoming a better place to live. Too busy living in the past hating each other to actually move on and improve the lives of all Australians.

Maybe go for a holiday to Northern China and talk with the locals, you may just start understanding how lucky we all are here. And just how unlucky some people are even in a so called advanced modern society.

1 I didn't realise it was an argument
2. I am not arguing, I am offering a perspective that you cannot.
3. If someone is racist, I will call them out every time. Perhaps you should try that.
4. I have been to Northen China, several times. Have also been to North Korea and many other Norths.
5. You actually have no idea what you are talking about

You do realize Polynesian people were quite barbaric in their own right?
It does not excuse what Cook and the people of his time did but let's not pretend there were innocents. Life was incomprehensible to what Westerners experience today.
Wow. That is racist . It was their country being invaded you moron. They have the right to defend it and the right to stop Cook using their women snd resources.
You better delete that.

Wow. That is racist . It was their country being invaded you moron. They have the right to defend it and the right to stop Cook using their women snd resources.
You better delete that.
That word gets thrown around so much these days.
Imo, the people that spout about it the most are in fact the most racist ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does not excuse what Cook and the people of his time did but let's not pretend there were innocents. Life was incomprehensible to what Westerners experience today.

I mean where in any discourse are we told to pretend that indigenous people are completely innocent?

I could sell 17 bales of hay with the amount of strawmanning going on in this thread

I mean where in any discourse are we told to pretend that indigenous people are completely innocent?

I could sell 17 bales of hay with the amount of strawmanning going on in this thread
Judging the worthiness of the parties is a way to distract from the facts.

You see it in the "unworthy victim" story spun around every injustice.

To even think the welcome to country at a football game is welcoming you to Australia is ridiculous.

Specially when it's been said over and over again.

It was even said in the speech that sparked this thread, let alone the whole current debate.
This x 1000.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thats not even close to being true.

Go argue with these types of people then.

So Indigenous people were guilty of attacking an invading force with rocks and spears even thoigh the invading force had guns?
Quite a statement there.

Remove this Banner Ad

"Welcome To Country" Speeches .......... Gone Too Far Now ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back