Toast Welcome to Freo Michael Frederick – Fremantle’s 4th 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #61]

Remove this Banner Ad

We all know his value and strengths but I still think two tackles in 6 games is poor. Not aware of any forward in the AFL with those sort of numbers. Switta had about 30 in the same timeframe. Even Banners and a big fella like JT had 15. As I said, when he was going well he'd have at least 3 or 4 a game.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Freddy has electric speed. Committing to a tackle and thereby putting himself on the back foot (so to speak) is perhaps not the most strategic use of his attributes. His role vis-a-vis defense is to corral and chase. I’d be surprised if that is not a coaching directive.

Freddy has electric speed. Committing to a tackle and thereby putting himself on the back foot (so to speak) is perhaps not the most strategic use of his attributes. His role vis-a-vis defense is to corral and chase. I’d be surprised if that is not a coaching directive.
Nah his defensive work is not good enough end of story. He needs to up his involvement or his defensive pressure. His work creating space and finishing when he gets it is good but without further improvement he will eventually get superseded.

He's always corralled instead of tackled but even then, I've seen opposition ruckmen step around him. When he's at his best and getting involved, he's getting 2 or 3 tackles in a game.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back