Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

guys, calm the house down, dimma had a much better list than this in 2021 and 2022 and 2023 and didnt do much.

Half of our team is spent, the new recruits are ok, but not worth anything near the money.

Blind freddy can see we need nearly a full rebuild. Other wise we going to be in no mans land for a while.

Dont matter who we have as coach.
Blind Freddy yes but most Richmond fans no.

Brilliant and glad he’s getting called out for his ball cupping. This is the net result from when standards drop from the top. Yze was put into the job with no set kpi's or future plans. When Dimma got the job the club had a five year plan and when it went awol they reviewed everything and demanded for improvement and success came. Everyone is asleep and some don't even care.
You need to give yourself an uppet cut, take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror.
How shameful that you read a Cornes article let alone agree with anything that self loving moron says

Post of the year and all true. Need more views like this.

ok, I really don't think so.

any actual exampls of Yze sounding super impressive and installing a "trust the process" mentality? Anyone care to post a video of "this is the moment i knew we had the right guy?".

Honestly, feels like more of the same wishy washy optimism that walked us down this path for 3 years based on hope than reality. If we are on " the right track", then they better put the high-beams on as i and many many others do not see the road at all. Feels like we are driving in the dark through black ice if you ask me. All the people here i hold the most respect for in "opinions" and "vision" all seem to see the same "dark & stormy" future. Hope i am wrong - but for me, there is no "moment", or even "moments" that make me go "yep, this is the way".

I am all in on Adem while his contract exist, no other elite alternative exist and do certainly believe another pre-season where, hopefully, he is given the ability to make household changes to his off-field generals. The biggest challenge he faces is - can he convince any elite assistants to join him? Not certain there either. Dimma poached Grigg & Rance within weeks of his appointment. Who has Adem poached so far? Someone mentioned Leppa as an option earlier, and i agree - would love him back in the yellow & black - but why would he leave McRae who he trust to connect with Adem who he has SFA history with?

Who has Adem previously worked with that might be of interest? I'm just not sure if he has his "come to Jesus" badge yet. Without it, he will find it bloody hard to recruit in the elite help he requires. It was Dimma's biggest strength IMO. He could convince high quality people to come, stay etc. Well, until they smelt the bullshit when he rooted around on his wife with the staff.

I had some news from a family friend who is on the coaching staff at the tigers and he stated the he felt Aden E lacks in his leadership and appears to have lost the likes of Dusty who has lost interest and enjoyment of the game and is unlikely to play again this year.
Hard to follow a dynsaty coach, its almost like the father has left and now they are stuck with the step-father. Dimma was probably one of the more charismatic coaches and could really command a group, don't get the sense that yze is that type of guy. Everything seems so rehearsed like he's reading from a coaching manual 101. He seems like a genuine and nice guy and the players seem to like him enough, he will be a good rebuild coach. I don't think he's the next premiership coach

Lots of changes needed over pre season but I think he’ll be gone next year if things stay the same

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Unlikely and should get the full length of his Contract 3 years. Changes needed absolutely but not him as yet.

Not true as this would be consistent annually with every club with similar numbers to ours. So why has it started recently and rampant in our club? We won 3 flags with the normal low numbers and then Meehan took over and all sort of soft tissue injuries escalated. I put up all the medical reports and studies on this in the injury thread months ago and S and C or lack of it is a factor in lots of sports and not only football.
It maybe that our list profile is a bit different with a lot more older players more susceptible to soft tissue injuries than the 17-20 period?
Not the only factor, but I would suggest a big one.

I had some news from a family friend who is on the coaching staff at the tigers and he stated the he felt Aden E lacks in his leadership and appears to have lost the likes of Dusty who has lost interest and enjoyment of the game and is unlikely to play again this year.
IF true let's hope they have the balls to resign at the end of the year or get found out and given their marching orders.
If that is the kind of backing Yze is getting from his "support" staff then no wonder we are struggling.
Same for Dusty. If that's how he feels, then thanks for the memmories and so long, all the best.

It's not so much about re-creating, but embracing it before it dies completely. I really see no downside to Ellis. He is a respected journeyman & best mates with 2 of our top 10 players. With Markov, its more about finding a cheaper, ready made replacement for D.Rioli and Markvo is out of contract & the same age and a lot cheaper. The fact he is a former, quite loved Tiger is a coincidence, but also certainly not a negative.

They can talk to Cotchin, but honestly - he and his family need a long long break from Richmond IMO. And it would be better to get someone else in to learn from. Selwood has seen it all happen at Geelong. He makes more sense to me.

Re Toby, he has been improved of late - but i see his leadership more around "do as i do" vs " do as i say". The elite captains do both. Taranto putting his hand up is not overly impressive. I think he is a fine player, but i don't look at him and think he is the next Cotchin. He is more likely the next Kane Johnson. I also call bullshit we have "several" options. And question even more the value of many of those options. The lack of leadership is glaring
Who would you see as the next captain?
Personally I don't mind the idea of Taranto, seems to be a lead by example on the field and certainly well spoken when I've heard him in interviews.
Obviously not Baker on your criteria as he is a great do as I do, but can't see it in his off field demeanour.

Last edited:
It maybe that our list profile is a bit different with a lot more older players more susceptible to soft tissue injuries than the 17-20 period?
Not the only factor, but I would suggest a big one.
nope as it's not only elderly players that are getting them. This again would be consistent with other teams especially Geelong and other aged lists over the years.
Folau, Clarke and Gibcus have all done ACL'S. Then go over the other soft tissue injuries as it's all age brackets. plus VFL players so I think you're off the mark here.

You need to give yourself an uppet cut, take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror.
How shameful that you read a Cornes article let alone agree with anything that self loving moron says
What a childish response making a comment based on the person bc you appear to have a vendetta against him. By your statement you didn't even read the article. If you are going to criticise a journalist then critique what he wrote with valid points. You're playing the man here on two accounts. FWIW If you’re going to call out me for agreeing with the article then be honourable and consistent and call the other posters out that have agreed with Cornes., but state reasons to make yourself look at least RESPECTABLE.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alastair Clarkson says uhm and uh a lot in interviews and he is a 4 time premiership coach.

Means absolutely nothing
True to form, you to jump in.

For someone on more than half a mill a year he Yze should work on his communication. Because the incessant uns and aahs detract from any message he’s trying to make,
And not only that, his speaking lacks impact. It’s meandering blokey waffle.
Even Mini recognised it and tried to improve.

Last edited:
True to form, you to jump in.

For someone on more than half a mill a year he Yze should work on his communication. Because the incessant uns and aahs detract from any message he’s trying to make,
And not only that, his speaking lacks impact. It’s meandering blokey waffle.
Even Mini recognised it and tried to improve.

I do agree with you btw, his communication skills are not great (funny thing is, during his first press conference when he was appointed, I pointed this out and got criticised).

For me, its not a huge deal at this stage of his career, it's certainly something he can and probably will work on.

I ah, couldn’t give a **** ahhhh, about ahhh if a bloke ahhh umms or ahhhs ahhhh, as i ahhh am more concerned ummmm about ahhhh the strength and conditioning issuess ummmm and how we draft ahhhhh. And whether we ahhhh appoint a boys club ummmm appointment with the ahhhhh CEO.

My names not fred, Im all over it buster. see my posts.

oh, i know. More in reference to a lot of the peeps who basically treated us like witches in the Dark Ages.

There are A LOT of people who like to live in the unknown of the future & the glory of the past here. But when confronted with the present, shrivel up like George Costanza's pecker after a arvo in the pool

I ah, couldn’t give a **** ahhhh, about ahhh if a bloke ahhh umms or ahhhs ahhhh, as i ahhh am more concerned ummmm about ahhhh the strength and conditioning issuess ummmm and how we draft ahhhhh. And whether we ahhhh appoint a boys club ummmm appointment with the ahhhhh CEO.

I have honestly heard Yze speak like that in the post game presser after a bad loss. Its my biggest concern.

He at least needs to learn the Frawley classic " Yeah, nah, look - its disappointing...."

I do agree with you btw, his communication skills are not great (funny thing is, during his first press conference when he was appointed, I pointed this out and got criticised).

For me, its not a huge deal at this stage of his career, it's certainly something he can and probably will work on.

Yeah - but you shouldn't be called Judas for pointing it out.

I do think its a big issue tho when your club is completely devoid of quality people. We need someone who can recruit and instill passion and trust to "join the cause". What elite player or coach is going to change their club to come to us when the "mastermind" talks like Biden?

Who at the club is inspiring others to come over? There is no one

Absolutely. We gotta bigger issues than the way a guy speaks to a bunch of AFL journo campaigners.
It sounds a lot like Yze starts talking before he’s actually thought about what he is going to say. Uses ums as a crutch. He needs to improve on this.

For amateur podcasters, agree , who cares. But for representating the club and coaching we deserve better.

Completely agree if that's the biggest issue people have with what's happening at the club at present then we're in better shape than we think.

“…your club is completely devoid of quality people…”
Sums you up right there. Trolling flog.

I'm trolling? You are following me around post to post calling me a flog.

The club has had a ****ing exodus. We are bottom of the ladder with a bunch of kids that look barely above VFL level & a new untried coach that struggles to hold our attention in pressers, with a percentage 1 bad loss away from falling under 60%.

Grow the fk up mate and put on your big boy pants. Roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty and do some real work VS being a parrot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back