Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

He should have worded it differently, he implied hope 😂

No matter the excuses, and seriously, they're excuses at this point, this is our worst season in decades, the worst season this century, they need to fix it and don't need our supporters making excuses for that. We're regression fast.
There isn't a coach in the league that doesn't imply hype when appointed or during pre-season interviews. Can only imagine the outcry if Yze came out in his first presser and said guys we're stuffed.

I'd suggest that using 42 of 46 players and missing a number of key players for at least 1/4 of the season if not more is the most valid excuse a team could have for a poor season. If we had our best 23 available most weeks and were in the position we're in then offering up injuries would be a poor excuse.

I want the language to change in the presser’s next year.
Tackling and pressure isn’t at standard and players aren’t locked in to the Game plan structures and systems, being where they’re expected to be etc.
Saw it with Balta with his arms up in the air.

Needs to get the balance right though…Essendon and Scott
The Essendon edge
Enough is enough
We want 12 wins
We don’t produce in big games

None of that has helped, they’re still rubbish

The one that pissed me off most of the year was bringing up mistakes from young guys, but not mentioning the consistent half-arsed efforts from some senior players.
A sure fire way to instill confidence in young players

I want the language to change in the presser’s next year.
Tackling and pressure isn’t at standard and players aren’t locked in to the Game plan structures and systems, being where they’re expected to be etc.
Saw it with Balta with his arms up in the air.

Needs to get the balance right though…Essendon and Scott
The Essendon edge
Enough is enough
We want 12 wins
We don’t produce in big games

None of that has helped, they’re still rubbish
Balta looked as if he was saying WTF us this

Of course he doesn't tell them not to tackle.
But his silence on our poort tackling performances and overall lack of pressure speak loudest.
Yet he continue to trot out the standard ' I was happy with our pressure and attack on the ball'.
Stop taking the piss and get serious!
IIRC he mentioned on AFL 360 that when the coaches reviewed the tape on Monday, they were quite disappointed with our inability to excute the game plan given that they knew what the Saints were going to do and that it will be addressed with the players at their review yesterday. He also mentioned that because of the young forward line we were playing on the weekend our team defensive structure broke down inmour forward half too often which leads to fast break chances for the opposition.

IMO there has been a change in the way he speaks about the game now. He is becoming less accepting of the effort and more critical of the execution because the numbers show that we're competitive with the opposition in terms of contested possessions, I50s, clearances and the like but our inability to consistently hit targets which causes turnovers in transition meaning we end up constantly caught out of position.

I believe that away from the media/public eye he is quite forthright with the players and coaches about what he wants, which ties in with why Teague was moved on quickly when it appeared that he wasn't fully on board with what Yze is trying to implement.

He should have worded it differently, he implied hope 😂

No matter the excuses, and seriously, they're excuses at this point, this is our worst season in decades, the worst season this century, they need to fix it and don't need our supporters making excuses for that. We're regression fast.

To be fair, you have to sell hope to the masses.
I get that.
I'm still surprised that so many posters/supporters didn't see this season coming.
We were always going to go backwards quickly this year aftre pretty poor 2022 and '23 seasons and not having really addressed any of our weaknesses.

I get that.
I'm still surprised that so many posters/supporters didn't see this season coming.
We were always going to go backwards quickly this year aftre pretty poor 2022 and '23 seasons and not having really addressed any of our weaknesses.
Pretty poor 2022? FMD.

The only thing poor about that year was inability to win a close game all year, in the absence of Dusty Martin. ****ing insane debuts from Gibcus, Sonsie, Cumberland, MRJ.

what weaknesses weren't addressed in 23?

I get that.

Do you mean 2021?

2022 we were the best team offensively and made finals, we did better than what was expected thats for sure.

I get that.
That’s right then they ignore the aging list and injuries, then put all the blame on a first year coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dimma used to trot out the usual lines after a loss when he first started coaching and he copped some absolute hidings that first half year. It's not good to publicly shit can the players constantly as coach. What's said behind closed doors is likely very different.
I disagree. Dimma, IRRC, continually rabbited on about driving standards, never letting the jumper hit the floor, a systems-based approach, every player learning their role within the new system, etc. I felt particularly well informed about how he was going about coaching and the game plan (which of course then changed in late 2016/2017 to the hybrid approach).

Yze is not doing this imo. In fact, he comes across as disorganised, anergic, and somewhat listless. We need a man with a plan!

I disagree. Dimma, IRRC, continually rabbited on about driving standards, never letting the jumper hit the floor, a systems-based approach, every player learning their role within the new system, etc. I felt particularly well informed about how he was going about coaching and the game plan (which of course then changed in late 2016/2017 to the hybrid approach).

Yze is not doing this imo. In fact, he comes across as disorganised, anergic, and somewhat listless. We need a man with a plan!
Lot of mind readers in here who can see what’s in Yze’s head and the players heads and who can determine if someone is a good coach by their mannerisms, some words and player selection and mystical game plan theories.

I wonder if we see what we want to see to support our bias or narrative

Maybe some of us didnt like his appointment in the first place for whatever reason or maybe we want to believe one change will fix our problems even though we also were shite last year with less injuries.

I have a bias against coaches who were receivers as players but I know that’s a dumb theory.

Who knows if he can coach. And in the modern game how important is one person (other than Meehan)

Lot of mind readers in here who can see what’s in Yze’s head and the players heads and who can determine if someone is a good coach by their mannerisms, some words and player selection and mystical game plan theories.

Maybe some of us didnt like his appointment in the first place for whatever reason or maybe we want to believe one change will fix our problems even though we also were shite last year with less injuries.

I have a bias against coaches who were receivers as players but I know that’s a dumb theory.

Who knows if he can coach. And in the modern game how important is one person (other than Meehan)
Agree. Deserves at least 2 years minimum to show us what he can do. However, the initial signs are bloody concerning imo.

Btw, I'm basing that concern on what he has delivered in the public domain thus far and the performance/attitude of the players on the field. That's the evidence base. No bias or axe to grind here.

With you on that.
The messaging needs to improve as much as the playing list.
That will be my biggest sticking point next year and going forward

Being a senior coach would be a tough gig and given the hand that Yze has been dealt he’s hardly been set up to seceded in the short term

What will tell me if he will be our long term senior coach or just a stop gap along the way is if he grows and shows improvement

Not so much talking to the media, personally I feel that aspect is over blown by fans because at the end of the day he is hired as a coach not the PR guy so for arguments sake a savvy media performer can easily pull the wool over the eyes of the fans like a snake oil salesmen

The improvement I want to see comes from how we see the players engage with him and each other on gameday along with growth and individual improvements from young players that will also flow onto cohesive on field performances as a side

Let's all be honest here, Dimma left this list in a terrible state, set Yze up to fail IMO. Club didn't help either and wanted our next coach to believe the bullshit that our list could go again. Injuries have just amplified it really.

Newman must be thanking god he didn't get the job. The thing im critical about though is its taken Yze all year to realise our list stinks and even now im not sure he fully believes it. I think he has also fallen into the trap of letting our senior players off the hook a bit this season.

Hope we can recruit Peter Burge's fitness assistant from Hawthorn.
Too late to snatch Leppa back from the Pies as an assistant, he plans to go the Dons.
How come Burge left us to begin with? More Money? Changes will happen and should not be Yze.

I think he has also fallen into the trap of letting our senior players off the hook a bit this season.
A bit? Just the other night he was replying to the Rioli and Bolton speculation by saying both are required players. He then said how well both of them played at the weekend. Rioli was clearly BOG. Bolton was - apart from 2 goals - almost invisible.

I was ok with him getting the gig , but very underwhelming since , won’t see out the contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back