Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

As a coach, it would've been a difficult speech to conduct in front a team that seems disjointed and key players leaving.

Bolton and Baker's speeches did not help the atmosphere
I wish they fiddled with the votes so ANY COMBINTION OF Broad, Flossy and Nank filled the Trifecta. lol

Hadn’t watched the Yze speech until just now. What the hell was wrong with it? I thought it poignant, to the point. Loved the points around the younger players, and laying the challenge to them. Sounded very much line in the sand as mentioned earlier. Started with a few ums (nerves maybe) but as he got into the speech I thought it was well delivered. I think a few here are getting a bit caught up in a certain narrative and are losing their objectivity
Nothing wrong it. It's just the same few that sook about everything.

Nothing wrong it. It's just the same few that sook about everything.

Can’t be the same posters who wanted Dimma gone but now despise him for leaving us

I don't think there's any need for Yze to be fire and brimstone and making headlines in October over a B&F for officially our worst season.

He spoke ok, not great, not inspiring but he's probably absolutely exhausted too and needs a break. He is human.

We can only truly judge how invested the players are in his coaching after the first 8 weeks of next season. Even if we go zip and 8, it'll be the matter we lose that will judge if he's a dead man walking.

On the back of his speech tonight at the JDM, i really hope he is put overseas to get some leadership skills. He has been lambasted as being too soft and close with the players and thr JDM was the perfect place to come out firing and make a statement.

Not stumble through his words and keep putting his hand in his pocket and then pulling it out to touch his phone/papers.

I know there’s a perception the coach needs to be all things to all people but I don’t really care what his public speaking skills are like they just need to be enough and he’ll get better with time. He’s not the finished product, everyone knows this with relatively new coaches.

Main thing is if he can communicate and get through to the players within the four walls. That’s what he should be judged on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fagan isn't really fire-and-brimstone is he?

And that worked after a decade or so.
Mate at the end of the day , it’s black and white u need the cattle on the deck . What’s clarko impact been like , premiership coach simmo ,,,once fagan had a healthy list and some good trades he looked like a genius , early lions were getting belted . So everyone ,spare the blow torch on ooze until we put some talent in his hands to work with ,,,

I don't think there's any need for Yze to be fire and brimstone and making headlines in October over a B&F for officially our worst season.

He spoke ok, not great, not inspiring but he's probably absolutely exhausted too and needs a break. He is human.

We can only truly judge how invested the players are in his coaching after the first 8 weeks of next season. Even if we go zip and 8, it'll be the matter we lose that will judge if he's a dead man walking.
I’m just hoping we have a full squad to play with , I expect that sec half of the season we will start showing positive signs with the fresh talent inclusions

depends on so many things. How healthy our list remains. if we play mostly kids and can see slow improvements.
Agree, for me it’s a combination of gradual growth but endeavour is vital & as with this season be the minimum (endeavour that is)….

Best run footy programmes are Geelong and Brisbane

I would like some people from those two clubs invited to tigerland

In recruiting especially, Brisbane's record is just incredible , development Geelong

What's the point of being a powerful club if we don't have the best people

Was happy to hear Jono last night say some positive things about this, lets see what they come up with.

We are watching.

chimp on 3aw says he'd probably like to coach one day
The Cheat On Geewrong have a holiday house ready and some cotton underpants when Chris hangs up his handbag.

Hi All, I have read through a lot of the posts on this thread. In my opinion, we should give Yze another 2-3 years as head coach to see which direction the team is heading although I caveat that by wanting to see improvement next year over this year.

Yze has been given a shit sandwich this year by way of:
1. Players getting injured (thanks Meehan you dud) and not being able to get on the park.
2. Some players not buying into his game plan (i.e. Bolton) thus making the transition from the Hardwick era to the Yze era that much more difficult.
3. Having to continue with a legacy coaching support team that was handpicked by Dimma. I expect some of them didn't or couldn't transition to Yze being head coach hence the departures near the end of the season.

Positives that I see for next year onward:
1. Offloading those players who don't want to be there and getting some clear air to get his message across.
2. A strong hand at the national draft. Hopefully we get it right.
3. Bringing in Carcella and Morris as assistants.

We need to give Yze the opportunity to show what he's got as a coach (or not). I don't want to return to the 80's/90's where the coaching gig at Richmond was a merry go round. It wasn't until Dimma's 8th year at the club as coach that we won a premiership. Hell, the knives were out for Dimma at the end of 2016 (his 7th season) when we didn't make the finals.

And I know that Yze has not won a premiership as a player, but look at the Lions. They now have a newly minted premiership coach who hasn't even played at the top level!

Last edited:
Whos Chimp?
monkey-magic.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back