Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

There are kids in Year 6 rolling out better speeches than that at school presentations.

If you're a player, you're looking at that and asking, "Is this really our leader who is going to take us to the promised land?"

The only positive is that it's made me more sure that he doesn't last the year.

Hadn’t watched the Yze speech until just now. What the hell was wrong with it? I thought it poignant, to the point. Loved the points around the younger players, and laying the challenge to them. Sounded very much line in the sand as mentioned earlier. Started with a few ums (nerves maybe) but as he got into the speech I thought it was well delivered. I think a few here are getting a bit caught up in a certain narrative and are losing their objectivity
I am not going to have a go about the presentation skills of the man. He can improve those easily.

The content was what is troubling. It seemed too soft and nice from him. He could of gone through and made a speech that was firm and made clear the standards that the club will stand for whilst also throwing down the goal for the next year.

I can’t believe Yze didn’t chokeslam Rioli through a table to show he means business.
200.gif

Too early I believe as still a few blokes he played with are around. I don't know if he would make much difference with so much stench in the place as he left after 3 years of decline anyway. We do need responsible leaders and positive role models, but as much as i agree with you i think it's too early .
I doubt he would want to come back to be honest.
At Bris as a mentor type role for a few of ‘em.

I am not going to have a go about the presentation skills of the man. He can improve those easily.

The content was what is troubling. It seemed too soft and nice from him. He could have gone through and made a speech that was firm and made clear the standards that the club will stand for whilst also throwing down the goal for the next year.
It started off trying to make a joke about the lads returning from their footy trip and was bland, dull and pathetic with no wit.
Then AFLW related talk which was irrelevant to the night and really to him. Just cheap and useless promotion work.
Then talking about our future stars which most would say we have a few based on the list that was displayed.
He really has no depth or motivation in his speech and lacks wit and a sense of humour. It maybe bc in reality there were little positives in the year and the room was tense with the few betraying players about. I actually agree with you he needs to do some speech and PR course over the summer.

It started off trying to make a joke about the lads returning from their footy trip and was bland, dull and pathetic with no wit.
Then AFLW related talk which was irrelevant to the night and really to him. Just cheap and useless promotion work.
Then talking about our future stars which most would say we have a few based on the list that was displayed.
He really has no depth or motivation in his speech and lacks wit and a sense of humour. It maybe bc in reality there were little positives in the year and the room was tense with the few betraying players about. I actually agree with you he needs to do some speech and PR course over the summer.
We have it that before a great talker in Terry Wallace like a used car sales man and never led to anything. That room was very uncomfortable for a few you could see and as you said was a disaster this season. He said what he needed to say future with kids and stick to the plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt he would want to come back to be honest.
At Bris as a mentor type role for a few of ‘em.
I can’t see him returning to FT footy , if he was fair dinkum then he’d asap get himself an asst role somewhere preferably for him a place that is a contender so he learns a thing or two and enhances his resume

We have it that before a great talker in Terry Wallace like a used car sales man and never led to anything. That room was very uncomfortable for a few you could see and as you said was a disaster this season. He said what he needed to say future with kids and stick to the plan.
Agree, but he still can get better at it and a poster mentioned they would be interested in what his player addresses are like as that’s critical being a head coach. Nobody so far has answered this to date.

I think a PR course would be wasted. I think those Harvard leadership courses that we sent Hardwick on constantly would be the ticket.

To be honest, I think I liked his speech.
I think I read somewhere some people at the club had said “I thought he sat back a little”.
The BnF is really for the memebers and I think it’ll be alot more than 100,000 that view that speech and he’d know that.
But he didn’t use it to draw a line in the sand or “take charge” or talk about expectations.
He was pretty much the same as I’ve seen him in pressers. A bit goofy, not a very polished media performer. There’s a real community footy vibe about him. Dunno if that makes for the best coach but the fact is he could still be himself under pressure.
I think that’s a good example especially for the next couple of seasons.
People can point out the injuries, that’s fine. 49 players used, the most in the comp.
But if anyone reckons we have a better team for next season than what we had at the start of this one, theyve got rocks in their head.

It’s going to be a tough couple of seasons, having a coach who’s not trying to set the world on fire or act like he’s got all the answers might be the best for now.

Agree, but he still can get better at it and a poster mentioned they would be interested in what his player addresses are like as that’s critical being a head coach. Nobody so far has answered this to date.
We often began games well if that’s any guide.

Even in the preseason against Collingwood we were eight scoring shots to one early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back