Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Maverick Weller

Remove this Banner Ad

Short isn't and has to take his share of responsible for the failure this season. I wouldn't be devastated if Weller won a spot ahead of him over the course of the year. He isnt a skinny midget for starters.

Townsend is a great player to have on the rookie list. If Weller can replicate this then we are going ok. Quite frankly the new draftees and Menadue, Markov types cant do more than Weller then they shouldn't be in the senior team anyway.

The next couple years are going to be trying to win flags not micromanaging the potential of the 35th best guy on the list - the talent of Stack and Chol plus the experience of Townsend, Aarts, Weller is a pretty good mix for the rookie list. the senior list is pretty young
For one Short is not a midfielder and rated highly by the club. Hence his elevation and new larger contract.
I agree on Menadue and I reckon Markov is running out of excuses , although I rate him.
We are really looking at Weller for a midfield role which to me I see him falling Short. Pardon the pun.

Good. Love it. Play for each other.
Got a Saints mate who was utterly perplexed at his delisting. I honestly have paid no attention to him besides smirking at his name. How good is it to have competition for spots? Biggest club in the country. We're back.
Your Saints obviously doesn't watch a lot of football. I've watched a lot of you blokes. Mav is not ahead of any of your depth players. Bloke is an absolute potato.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Okay I'll go out on my own here but from what I have seen is a very, very average footballer. I understand he might be a nice bloke etc. but he had been delisted by 2 of the crapiest teams for a reason. I would have liked the spot to have gone to Gibbons or a project bigman.
Having said that, I am will be very happy if he proves me wrong.
Average is over rating the bloke. Absolute potato

The only thing that i have hopes about weller may be better than what he has shown so far in his career at both Gold Coast & St Kilda is Maybe just maybe in a top 4 team where he has the likes of Cotchin,Martin,Prestia,Caddy,Edwards etc He may step it upto another level and become a better player than he has shown in the weak teams his played in so far. Thats my only hope

I dont rate Mav Weller highly and think we should have just got another kid that was not drafted, But its a nothing pick for 1 year so not overly fussed
I hope he surprises all of us and fills a role but i doubt it.

We are doing that with Stack, hes training now.

No point taking another kid that got overlooked 100s of times that is not good enough for the sake of it

We are doing that with Stack, hes training now.

No point taking another kid that got overlooked 100s of times that is not good enough for the sake of it
I would have preferred to give a player like Mitch Podhajski or Sam Fletcher a chance with this rookie spot
Podhajski specially being co captain & a big body that can play foward and midfield but i suppose the coaches seen something in Weller that they thought we might need but i would be thinking its more the new coach from saints that would have put a word in for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have preferred to give a player like Mitch Podhajski or Sam Fletcher a chance with this rookie spot
Podhajski specially being co captain & a big body that can play foward and midfield but i suppose the coaches seen something in Weller that they thought we might need but i would be thinking its more the new coach from saints that would have put a word in for him

Thats a fair point and you may well be right. There are more Kane Lamberts out there. I can understand the list management guys wanting a mature body, experience guy instead of taking a punt- at least he isn't wasting a senior list spot

There is absolutely no grunt with Weller. Will take every opportunity for a cheap shot but won't put his body in harms way. You will realise this soon enough.

Any relationship to Bellis?

Well if he ain’t capable of getting a game then he shouldn’t be on the list. Every player on the list should be putting pressure on players on the fringe of best 22 otherwise they’re redundant and list cloggers.
Never said he wasn't capable of getting games, I asked you who he was going to steal games from. Then suggested if he is getting games ahead of younger players it's because either they aren't ready or not playing well enough.

Finally I put forward a suggestion that if Gibbons was as good as some think why hasn't any of the other 17 clubs grabbed him?

Feel free to address those if you want then we can discuss Weller

Never said he wasn't capable of getting games, I asked you who he was going to steal games from. Then suggested if he is getting games ahead of younger players it's because either they aren't ready or not playing well enough.

Finally I put forward a suggestion that if Gibbons was as good as some think why hasn't any of the other 17 clubs grabbed him?

Feel free to address those if you want then we can discuss Weller
As I said he shouldn’t be stealing games of anyone , but if he does it’s a sad time for Richmond. Which again my opinion is then why is he on our list?

About 17 other clubs not picking Gibbons has nothing to do with me , so you go and ask them for the reasons.
I just answered a poor response to why Gibbons wasn’t picked as somebody suggested he was too small. Now if you do your homework you will see there are dozens of players smaller than him on an AFL list. This is the point I made by suggesting Daniels.
I would suggest you read posts and follow their context before going in half arsed. I’m not wasting my time on a List clogger like Weller as the thread will end up like the CEllis thread where you made a total idiot of yourself.
My opinion on Weller won’t change as after all I’m entitled to one.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no grunt with Weller. Will take every opportunity for a cheap shot but won't put his body in harms way. You will realise this soon enough.

Your Saints obviously doesn't watch a lot of football. I've watched a lot of you blokes. Mav is not ahead of any of your depth players. Bloke is an absolute potato.

Average is over rating the bloke. Absolute potato

They are all a lot better than Mav.. promise you that.

soooo.....your not a fan....?

As I said he shouldn’t be stealing games of anyone , but if he does it’s a sad time for Richmond. Which again my opinion is then why is he on our list?

About 17 other clubs not picking Gibbons has nothing to do with me , so you go and ask them for the reasons.
I just answered a poor response to why Gibbons wasn’t picked as somebody suggested he was too small. Now if you do your homework you will see there are dozens of players smaller than him on an AFL list. This is the point I made by suggesting Daniels.
I would suggest you read posts and follow their context before going in half arsed. I’m not wasting my time on a List clogger like Weller as the thread will end up like the CEllis thread where you made a total idiot of yourself.
My opinion on Weller won’t change after all I’m entitled to one.
Once again, WHO IS HE GOING TO STEAL GAMES FROM?

Your assertion earlier was that he will steal games from players, so please tell us who in your opinion will he be stealing games from? Surely it's not that hard to give an answer.

Another thing, you made the assertion that Gibbons would have been a better pick up than Weller as he has more untapped AFL experience(whatever that means). My counter to that was that is why have all 18 clubs continually overlooked him despite him being a 2 time JJ Liston Medallist? A logical answer would be that he doesn't have enough AFL traits to make up for his lack of size.

If supporting your clubs players is making an idiot of yourself, then maybe you should consider making an idiot of yourself a bit more often, instead of continually writing them off.

Honestly guys is just depth that's it.Big body to come in when needed.Doesn't need to be a star, but aslong as he does the team things and has a crack.A few blokes we got rid of lacked both of them.

We a better environment then saints and better run football department fullstop.
simple.gif

Once again, WHO IS HE GOING TO STEAL GAMES FROM?

Your assertion earlier was that he will steal games from players, so please tell us who in your opinion will he be stealing games from? Surely it's not that hard to give an answer.

Another thing, you made the assertion that Gibbons would have been a better pick up than Weller as he has more untapped AFL experience(whatever that means). My counter to that was that is why have all 18 clubs continually overlooked him despite him being a 2 time JJ Liston Medallist? A logical answer would be that he doesn't have enough AFL traits to make up for his lack of size.

If supporting your clubs players is making an idiot of yourself, then maybe you should consider making an idiot of yourself a bit more often, instead of continually writing them off.
I wrote off CEllis last year and so did the club whilst you totally ruined the thread with stupidity as your were unable to see his limitations. There is a point of supporting the club and players as well as making conversations on improvement and deficiencies on players. Now you couldn’t see these on CEllis and continued to harp on about nothing and ruin the thread. All you demonstrated was your lack of knowledge in football matters and the reality was you were just behaving like a dirty troll. You’ve now jumped on here to have another crack with no supporting matter except that you support the player bc he’s a Richmond player. lol that’s about the simplicity of it and as usual containing no substance.
I’m not sure there is a written law that no matter how shithouse a RFC player maybe you can’t have a discussion about them? Or do you own the internet and your view is only important, no matter how ill researched it may be.
As I said IF you are uneducated that you can’t follow posts then don’t waste my time . He will steal games of any other player that is playing VFL if he’s selected to play AFL. Pretty bloody simple. Now I’m pissing off from this thread and will most likely return if anything unforeseen happens to occur.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Maverick Weller

Remove this Banner Ad

Back