Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - COOPER SHARMAN!

Remove this Banner Ad

this thread is proof of why never write off a draftee because they weren't the selection you wanted purely because of positional need
Probably also proof people shouldn't be calling for the head recruiter to be sacked when he hasn't even had the chance to build a list... 😉

We’ve been obsessed with finding the next Jack Gunston and I think we finally have. Very early but he couldn’t have been more impressive so far.

Probably also proof people shouldn't be calling for the head recruiter to be sacked when he hasn't even had the chance to build a list... 😉

Come on man, I said he should be on the watch list not the blacklist. Anyway, Libba is the junk man, give him a wagu steak and the dude would burn it to a crisp but let him loose in a dumpster and he'll go full Jamie Oliver with the ingredients.

I did a post similar to this a week or so ago. The main takeaway was that Sharman had outperformed all of the forwards taken in the top 10 draft picks last year for average goals per game (JUH, Thilthorpe, McDonald, Cox etc). This was before he kicked 4 on the weekend. Also taking into account that one of his “games” doesn’t even count given he was the sub.

Picked a good time to kick four as well to keep the hype train rolling until March 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And also shows not every good player is a first or second round pick like some would have you believe

I did a post similar to this a week or so ago. The main takeaway was that Sharman had outperformed all of the forwards taken in the top 10 draft picks last year for average goals per game (JUH, Thilthorpe, McDonald, Cox etc). This was before he kicked 4 on the weekend. Also taking into account that one of his “games” doesn’t even count given he was the sub.

Picked a good time to kick four as well to keep the hype train rolling until March 2022.
I'm more impressed by the other things rather than simply the goals.

I'd expect his number of marks, his contested mark rate, marks inside 50 and even score assists would be well above the average's of the others you've mentioned.

Just seems such a smart footballer.

Cooper is 19th in the AFL for average goals kicked per game in 2021. Equal to Daniher and Mitch Brown.
Ahead of Papley , Lynch ( big ) , Ben Brown and Jamie Elliot.

He's one of only 4 Saints to kick more than a goal per game.

not only did he not even get any game time in his ‘first’ game, but he started as the sub against Carlton as well, so only played the 2nd half of that game as well.

lzq5wA5.jpg

I'm more impressed by the other things rather than simply the goals.

I'd expect his number of marks, his contested mark rate, marks inside 50 and even score assists would be well above the average's of the others you've mentioned.

Just seems such a smart footballer.

Exactly. He’s kicking goals because of those skills. Can’t remember him being gifted any.

And also shows not every good player is a first or second round pick like some would have you believe

Well that's not rocket science is it. You still have a much much better chance of finding a gun in the first round. For every gamble on a late pick there are way more fails than hits.

I was surprises to see him listed at 193cm, which is the same height as Nick Riewoldt. Sharman certainly doesn't have the size to compete as a true KPP, but he's got a pretty handy advantage over the medium defender types who will be lining up against him.

Well that's not rocket science is it. You still have a much much better chance of finding a gun in the first round. For every gamble on a late pick there are way more fails than hits.
Thanks for that Luke

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - COOPER SHARMAN!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back