Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - HUGO GARCIA!

Remove this Banner Ad

That 2012 draft will prbably go down as one of the worst of all time.
In 2011 we got Ross Webster and Newnes so
500+ games from not having a pick below 20 is pretty impressive.

In 2012

Quality PLayers in order

Whitfield
Mccrae
Stringer
Wines
Viney (FS)
Vlastuin
Daniher (FS)
Grundy
Tim Membrey
mason Wood

That is literally it.
I thought we nailed that draft, but then people started hating on Ross, Newnes and Webster.

I thought we nailed that draft, but then people started hating on Ross, Newnes and Webster.
Newnes did well for himself landing at St.Kilda when he did... it's hard to believe that he managed a 200 game career. Webster and Ross are both AFL quality players, that most sides would be happy to play. Nothing spectacular about either, but both useful and more often than not, do their job.

Newnes did well for himself landing at St.Kilda when he did... it's hard to believe that he managed a 200 game career. Webster and Ross are both AFL quality players, that most sides would be happy to play. Nothing spectacular about either, but both useful and more often than not, do their job.

Newnes was no star, but he was OK.
Richo gave him crap "roles" to play , then got rid of him because he wasn't effective in those roles.

Hugo. Hugo, Garcia runs marvels wings for me.
Dah dah dah, dah dah
dah, dah dah dah, dah
Hugo. Hugo, Garcia runs marvels wings for me
Dah dah dah, dah dah
dah, dah dah dah, dah

Great name. Deserves a fun song my Aisle 29 friends 😉
Let's set Marvel rocking.

Welcome Hugo. You've come to a club that has supporters that love to have fun and you sound like you could bring plenty. Good Luck.

Was happy to see my boy Hugo have that game today at Sandy.

I hope the Aisle 29 people take my advice that this song will travel along the wing and get everyone involved. They'll hear it a few times and it will be go off during games when he splits a stoppage open and we goal.

Ross made the AA squad in 2017, was better the following year but the team sucked and didn't get a look in that year.

People gloss over that he was a very good midfielder from 2016 untill 2022 but has very much slowed a lot in the past couple of years.

Webster is ridiculously underrated by non Saints people. Rarely gets beaten in one on ones, excellent disposer of the ball etc.. but doesnt accumulate or take quite enough intercept marks to get well noticed.

Newnes was tracking to be an extremely good and consistent player then suddenly 2018 happened and his form began to falter then he suddenly asks for a trade. You have to wonder if there was more behind the scenes that was affecting things.

So was a genuinely good draft for us. Kind of an anomaly for that era im afraid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - HUGO GARCIA!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back