Toast Welcome to St Kilda Jackson Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad to see him go, but it's best for both parties. I actually don't think he is past his best at all, to be honest. He just didn't match the style we wanted to go with. I feel like the real catalyst for the role change and reduced midfield time for him was the review after the 2022 season, when we implemented a new game plan which saw Adam Treloar essentially play the midfield role from 2023 onwards as he had the pace. In the 2022 season he still averaged: 31 disposals, 4 clearances and 5 inside 50s per game.

Then this year, the 3 VFL games he was played in his best position, he averaged (yes, different level and intensity): 42 disposals (at 80% efficiency), 14 clearances and 6 tackles. I don't know your club and it's players well enough to make stupid statements like him winning a best and fairest or what ever, but I feel like injury permitting (another + is that he just doesn't get injured), he will finish in your top 10.

Thanks to all the good natured posts from WB supporters.

The positive for them is the salary cap relief we (and Geelong) provide just prior to the Tasmanian draft compromises allowing you to target one or two trades at an important phase in the AFL.

Contrast that with Hawthorn's draft hauls this year and next year before the compromised drafts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to St Kilda Jackson Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back