Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - MATTAES PHILLIPOU!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just btw, after wathing more of his highlights I am more and more confident tht he really has the potential to be the best in the draft class and a top 10 player in the comp. There are certain things that players can work on, then there are things that no matter how hard the individual works they will never improve, ie Marking ability and athleticism, the difference is Mattaes has absolutely elite hands in traffic. t's like putting Pendle's handballing with fyfes athletic ability. So excited for what he can achieve.

I read an article not too long ago about Mattaes’ pledge to refrain from drinking and drugs. In light of the drug scandal and crisis across the AFL, I think it’s good to see a young athlete take responsibility for his choices and refrain from something that has the potential to lead to harm. From an athletic perspective, good for his body. For mental health, good. For physical health, good. And if it helps him to make good choices, even better.

For a man who had alleged character issues, I’m yet to see them present and they usually do. Maybe he’s a bit too eager sometimes and sure, he’s not perfect as a player or person but he is accountable, seems friendly, and a professional.

I read an article not too long ago about Mattaes’ pledge to refrain from drinking and drugs. In light of the drug scandal and crisis across the AFL, I think it’s good to see a young athlete take responsibility for his choices and refrain from something that has the potential to lead to harm. From an athletic perspective, good for his body. For mental health, good. For physical health, good. And if it helps him to make good choices, even better.

For a man who had alleged character issues, I’m yet to see them present and they usually do. Maybe he’s a bit too eager sometimes and sure, he’s not perfect as a player or person but he is accountable, seems friendly, and a professional.
dding to this. I think his personality may be probalamiatic if not for the fact of how hard he works and how intense he is at improving. For instance that kind of confidence and ego can rub people the wrong way if they are coasting and not putting in the effort, but everyone not least, Ross can see how hard he works. He will get there, no doubt in my mind.

I think his 'character issues' are the same as what we thought Petracca had. Ie not existent and a complete bed shitting even considering it.

Hopefully 8 years later we fixed it.
Petracca had character issues … he appears to be one of the few shining lights for Melbourne at the moment.

Absolutely nothing wrong with his character IMO.

I think he was probably a bit immature when he answered those questions as a 17-year-old before the draft.

I also don't think he's as full of himself as some guys think.
He answers the questions a bit more maturely and we probably don't land him.

No complaints from me :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - MATTAES PHILLIPOU!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back