Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - MITCHITO OWENS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Simmilar to my video on the POu was sick of no good Chito HIghlights so I made my own, unfortunately youtue stuffed it a little but stills ome good stuff there.

I hope his progression keeps going at the same pace as it has so far. At the start of the year he'd only played 7 games and 2 were below 50% game time. He started to look a bit tired towards the end of the year but early in the season he was looking like another Bont. Hopefully next year he comes out dominates.

Interesting all the debate about Mitch. When I first saw him play the things that impressed me most were his contested marking and his burst speed. Which is why I see him as a forward/mid rather than a mid/forward. I think he could turn into an OK fulltime mid but IMO he could become an exceptional forward who can give the mids a chop out

Coaches always want to set the team up so it has the best chance of winning games. If Mitch's best position was full time mid, I believe he would already be playing there.

Interesting all the debate about Mitch. When I first saw him play the things that impressed me most were his contested marking and his burst speed. Which is why I see him as a forward/mid rather than a mid/forward. I think he could turn into an OK fulltime mid but IMO he could become an exceptional forward who can give the mids a chop out

Coaches always want to set the team up so it has the best chance of winning games. If Mitch's best position was full time mid, I believe he would already be playing there.
Exactly, he is not a midfielder, nor is Pou. The challenge for Lyon is to use Mitch where he can be the most effective, and clearly as a mid is not one of those options. Mitch has some good moments in the forward half, but this season seems to fade in and out of games and probably needs to work harder on keeping the ball in the forward half, like most of our forwards this season. I don't think our forward half strategies are helping, the guys just play too close together and don't give each other enough space to offer options- over to you coach.

Exactly, he is not a midfielder, nor is Pou. The challenge for Lyon is to use Mitch where he can be the most effective, and clearly as a mid is not one of those options. Mitch has some good moments in the forward half, but this season seems to fade in and out of games and probably needs to work harder on keeping the ball in the forward half, like most of our forwards this season. I don't think our forward half strategies are helping, the guys just play too close together and don't give each other enough space to offer options- over to you coach.
I differ slightly from you on Pou. I see him more as a mid/forward. His hands in tight are exceptional and if he can learn to find the balance between being selfish and selfless i.e. playing more on instinct, then I think we will be more than happy with what he delivers.

He’s definitely not a mid, my guess is he’s being groomed to take over Members position.

Even his bio on the club website has him listed as a forward.

I think Mitch projects a lot like a Jake Stringer or Izak Rankine type.

He will spend the majority of his time forward but those 2-3m bursts he has on ball are going to be game breaking.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Mitch projects a lot like a Jake Stringer or Izak Rankine type.

He will spend the majority of his time forward but those 2-3m bursts he has on ball are going to be game breaking.
Dusty type? Just as much a mid as he is a forward! Clearances and contested possessions as a mid and then contested marks score assists and freak goals as a forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back