Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - NASIAH WANGANEEN-MILERA!

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be flogging myself for years if we did a 2009 or 2010 again.

YbGyzRv.gif

You've got a good one here. Rated him extremely highly pre-draft, looking like he'll be a gun.
Had a poor game v Sydney, but was attempting to make the play in place of Hill, turned it over a fair bit, but he is usually a beautiful and accurate kick.

Will learn more from that lose than 5 easy wins.

Do we think he will become a full time mid our always be more of a winger? Isn’t afraid of the contest like I thought he was when we drafted him

I think wing looks his most obvious spot but perhaps as an outside mid which aren’t much different anyway. Haven’t seen enough yet to know how his inside contested work is though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we think he will become a full time mid our always be more of a winger? Isn’t afraid of the contest like I thought he was when we drafted him
I watched him a few times in his draft year and he's the closet player to Shaun Burgoyne I've seen in my 30odd years of following the draft.
I expect him to be close to that.

I watched him a few times in his draft year and he's the closet player to Shaun Burgoyne I've seen in my 30odd years of following the draft.
I expect him to be close to that.

If he can develop a bit of an inside game and retain his outside ability as well as kick goals I might just cry from happiness. Class is one of those attributes that holds its value from the start of your career to the end unlike pace and strength which wanes as you get older.

Wouldn't mind if he brought the 4 premierships too

NWM would have to be tracking as one of the best 1st year players taken from draft for us in recent years. Shaping to be a 🔫

Yeah, he looks a lot more likely to come on quickly than most of our recent high picks. Our glacial speed of development is unique. Players from other clubs are winning awards while ours are playing like inexperienced kids still. Guys like Bailey Smith are from King's draft and he already seems to be an established star.

From Hunter and Coffs draft, A.Brayshaw, Naughton, Starcevich, Oscar Allen, Tim Kelly, Balta, Liam Ryan, Fritsch, McCartin, Petty, Worpel etc all have established themselves and are well into their careers. Our guys still seem like second year kids still.

Yeah, he looks a lot more likely to come on quickly than most of our recent high picks. Our glacial speed of development is unique. Players from other clubs are winning awards while ours are playing like inexperienced kids still. Guys like Bailey Smith are from King's draft and he already seems to be an established star.

From Hunter and Coffs draft, A.Brayshaw, Naughton, Starcevich, Oscar Allen, Tim Kelly, Balta, Liam Ryan, Fritsch, McCartin, Petty, Worpel etc all have established themselves and are well into their careers. Our guys still seem like second year kids still.
I'd raise you Coff and Clark have been unlucky with injury. I think it was 2020 when Coff's back half of the season was aa quality. Gresh looked a star pretty quickly, but it's going back awhile now

To be fair to both of those guys injuries have cruelled them.

Kelly was a mature age so that’s unfair.

Didn’t realise fritsch and Liam Ryan were from that draft. They’re quite handy

I'd raise you Coff and Clark have been unlucky with injury. I think it was 2020 when Coff's back half of the season was aa quality. Gresh looked a star pretty quickly, but it's going back awhile now

That is definitely a contributing factor but both have played a lot of footy. Apart from 2020 Coff has been a below average footballer and Clark seems to be an eternal kid about to put on some muscle and move to the midfield. To me both seem like second year kids not 5 year veterans. Our players seem to take three times as long and end up being a third as good over the last 20 years. Naz looks way out in front of just about anyone part from King and we seem determined to make Max's development as slow and as painful as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - NASIAH WANGANEEN-MILERA!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back