Welcome to the Bulldogs Joel Freijah

Remove this Banner Ad

Love his confidence

Started a little shaky but you could see him settle and away he went.

Agree, thought early on that he missed a couple of opportunities ie crapy spoiling attempt and could have marked. After Cleary came on Cleary went to full back line and Freijah seemed to play a bit higher up then settled into game second half. Hope we gets another crack next week

Adjusted quickly offensively, neat skills, good decision-making, and good under pressure. Big tick debut.

Defensive contest work is a worry, I see why they're giving him experience down back. I suspect against better sides we need to play him further up the field to stop that matchup getting exploited, but I'd keep him in. He's got it.

Adjusted quickly offensively, neat skills, good decision-making, and good under pressure. Big tick debut.

Defensive contest work is a worry, I see why they're giving him experience down back. I suspect against better sides we need to play him further up the field to stop that matchup getting exploited, but I'd keep him in. He's got it.
There was one play where he got caught by a player marking in front of him. I had to check whether it was him or JOD.

Straight away he knew. I think what he knew was that the time difference between stimulus and reaction is cut in half at this level. I think this game was very beneficial for him ... and us.

Best thing about his game last night was his ability to stand up in tackles on a few occasions, plus at least twice he still hit a target when hand balling it off. Solid debut overall!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back