Toast Welcome to the SUNS, Elliott Himmelberg

Remove this Banner Ad

No issue here for me. Only a three year deal, and it doesn’t seem like big money either.

Cheap depth. 26 years old. May come good and take a spot or just come up if we get an injury.

This acquisition kind of reminds me of when we signed Chol. Mabs couldn't crack a best 22 spot in his six years at Richmond and was very much a fringe player when he signed with us. He was a cheap, low risk signing. Himmelberg is essentially in the exact same position as Chol when we signed him as an unrestricted free agent back in 2021.

Elliott this year, so we can get the good brother (Harry) next year
The Nathan Ablett approach. Harry Himmelberg would be a great pick up.

He’s from Wagga. His family moved to Brisbane around the time his brother was drafted to gws
He spent a year or so in Brisbane academy but was ineligible to be drafted by them
Recruiting players with south east Queensland links is clearly a part of the strategy. How many times did you hear about Clohesy being a member of our academy in his younger years? Same with Chol who spent time growing up in Brisbane.

The Lions did the same thing with players like Charlie Cameron, Nakia Cockatoo and Callum Ah Chee when they made their rise up the ladder so it's a sound strategy if you do it correctly.

i reckon he could play round 0, relief ruck for the structure. Aslong as he makes a contest i think he'll be there.

Berg, King, Mac & Ready all 200cm+ not bad stocks.

i reckon he could play round 0, relief ruck for the structure. Aslong as he makes a contest i think he'll be there.

Berg, King, Mac & Ready all 200cm+ not bad stocks.
Going by the way Craig Cameron talked about him, I think they expect he'll play a lot more than people think. They don't think Walter/Read etc is ready

Going by the way Craig Cameron talked about him, I think they expect he'll play a lot more than people think. They don't think Walter/Read etc is ready
Has relief rucked his whole career, expecting the same here. Keep Mac & Jed where they need to be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to the SUNS, Elliott Himmelberg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back