List Mgmt. Welcome to the Suns, Mabior Chol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a pretty decent start to his Suns career I'd say.

View attachment 1358254
Seems like he'll probably be getting more shots at goal than at Richmond where he played 2nd or 3rd fiddle.
I think we can hope for 25+ goals from him this season.

Is a really nice kick for goal which I didn't realise - quite accurate, although missed one I'd expect him to kick on the weekend.

Contesting quite well and not getting outmarked often.
Dropped a few marks he really should have taken.
Misjudged the flight of a few balls, but playing at Metricon at night would be a new experience for him.

Back up ruck work has probably been above average when considering other back ups in the competition.

Overall - I'm pretty happy. Although, if he could have held a few of these expected marks, he'd have kicked an extra couple of goals so far.
Is he better than 2MP though?
That's the slightly bewildering question
Why you'd toss a guy who wants to be here for a player who probably won't achieve Wright's stats this year

Why you'd toss a guy who wants to be here for a player who probably won't achieve Wright's stats this year
Pretty easy to get easy stats under a roof. Try playing at metricon at night

Had a pretty decent start to his Suns career I'd say.

View attachment 1358254
Seems like he'll probably be getting more shots at goal than at Richmond where he played 2nd or 3rd fiddle.
I think we can hope for 25+ goals from him this season.

Is a really nice kick for goal which I didn't realise - quite accurate, although missed one I'd expect him to kick on the weekend.

Contesting quite well and not getting outmarked often.
Dropped a few marks he really should have taken.
Misjudged the flight of a few balls, but playing at Metricon at night would be a new experience for him.

Back up ruck work has probably been above average when considering other back ups in the competition.

Overall - I'm pretty happy. Although, if he could have held a few of these expected marks, he'd have kicked an extra couple of goals so far.
I guess it's only 2 games but that's good to hear. I'll be tuning into more suns games this year to try and keep tabs of how he's going.

His marking is one of his weakest areas in my opinion. He was also a little hesitant at contests but I have full faith he'll develop into a very exciting and competent player.

He would have bursts where he seemed really unpredictable to oppo players and had hot streaks of flair every so often, I reckon once he starts building confidence and maybe put a little weight on he will be very hard to handle.

Shattered we lost him.

It must be said that Mabior Chol is sooo close to becoming a highlight machine. The guy has serious hops and is going to take a massive speccy soon!

We're in for many fun days at the footy with Mabs and Ranks in the forward line :)

I guess it's only 2 games but that's good to hear. I'll be tuning into more suns games this year to try and keep tabs of how he's going.

His marking is one of his weakest areas in my opinion. He was also a little hesitant at contests but I have full faith he'll develop into a very exciting and competent player.

He would have bursts where he seemed really unpredictable to oppo players and had hot streaks of flair every so often, I reckon once he starts building confidence and maybe put a little weight on he will be very hard to handle.

Shattered we lost him.
Only 2 games - but multiple scoring shots in 11/30 Tigers games past 3 years but 2/2 Suns games so far.

Yeah, he's athletically so good he's able to get his hands on the ball a lot. Obviously his capacity to take more of them will be his make-break as a perennial fringe player or someone who can really do something in the AFL.

Commentators were saying he was running out of gas late in the game. I didn't notice to be honest and they weren't at the game so don't really believe what they say.

I think staying agile is the most important thing for him - I wouldn't be wanting him to put on more muscle / weight.

Commentators were saying he was running out of gas late in the game. I didn't notice to be honest and they weren't at the game so don't really believe what they say.
I don't have access to advanced stats but he was off the ground for a long time in the last quarter and I thought he must have been injured but then did come on and interchanged with Levi and went forward

I don't have access to advanced stats but he was off the ground for a long time in the last quarter and I thought he must have been injured but then did come on and interchanged with Levi and went forward
They did think he had done his hammy at one point. he kind of limped off. Maybe just cramping a bit.

Opposition teams have to really pay attention to him because of his height and leap.
If he grabs a few marks in close he has a very good chance of kicking a goal.
I know it's early days but he's kicked the same as Luko. If he continues kicking 3 goals every two games he'll kick 33 this year.

We needed 2MP’s money to sign Atkins to a 4 year deal ( mind boggles) a young key forward for a dime a dozen wingman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he was good tonight. Could have kicked a couple more but his movement was a lot better this week, looks like he his getting more confident in his marking too. Was surprised to see that he's only played 35 games, think he could end up a bargain for us.

Looking like an astute pick-up for you guys. Reckon he could be lethal with a good run of games and some more self-belief. I definitely noticed that in his marking tonight. Already looks so much more assured and aware of his own talent.

Last edited:
Looking like an astute pick-up for you guys. Reckon he could be lethal with a good run of games and some more self-belief. I definitely noticed that in his marking tonight. Already looks so much more assured and aware of his own talent.
We're probably not calling him 2 phones and whacking him in the dick constantly.
Maybe that will give him some self confidence.

Chol has been awesome for us this year. Averaging 2.25 goals and 10 hitouts a game this year. That's really solid contribution and the most exciting aspect of his game is that it's obvious he is nowhere near his ceiling!

It's a great story of the local boy coming home after a few years playing under the superstar forwards at the premiership winning club and is now becoming a superstar in his own right back in his home state of Queensland.

Chol has been awesome for us this year. Averaging 2.25 goals and 10 hitouts a game this year. That's really solid contribution and the most exciting aspect of his game is that it's obvious he is nowhere near his ceiling!

It's a great story of the local boy coming home after a few years playing under the superstar forwards at the premiership winning club and is now becoming a superstar in his own right back in his home state of Queensland.
He is playing well but becoming a superstar is an almighty stretch.

Really love Chol as a player and have been incredibly excited seeing what he has brought to the table this season thus far. Has already kicked 9 goals. My only knock on him is his set shot goal kicking, if he can work on that he will be a star forward of the game. I am genuinely excited to see what he can continue to bring to our SUNS side, is a huge presence up forward.

He gets gassed real quick
I was disappointed that he joined team pretty late and they had to slowly built him up. It seems he did not do too much in the off-season. He did show some talent today :) Pretty exciting when he marks the ball.

He is playing well but becoming a superstar is an almighty stretch.
If I may say "Take it easy" for now. Not there yet.

But I have to say I did enjoy his performance today and his jumper punches. Hopefully, he can deliver consistently and build his tank (I believe his main issue).
Of course he's not a superstar right now but like I pointed out in my post, he's got the potential to become a much better footballer than he currently is and despite that, he's still contributing well for us. The man has all the tools you'd need to become a superstar (e.g. genuine KPF height over 200cms, impressive vertical leap, physically strong, good use of the body and hands in the one-on-ones, beautiful kicking technique, solid backup ruck, marketable look with the blonde streak through the hair etc) but can obviously improve in certain areas like his marking and his tank to run out games properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back