Toast Welcome to the Suns, Mac Andrew!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Mac should stay forward, his jump, speed and reach will be a nightmare for defenders, he'll never not jump for the footy, he leads up well and can draw a free kick.

Which means Walter and Luko would be competing for the 3rd tall if nothing happens at trade week or both may end up in the vfl and we play the twin towers with another pressure forward.

It also means I think Read plays down back (or wing) which is a gamble because we know how well Mac can play that role. I just think Mac is too freaky and too competitive for us to waste him in the backlines.

I think Mac should stay forward, his jump, speed and reach will be a nightmare for defenders, he'll never not jump for the footy, he leads up well and can draw a free kick.

Which means Walter and Luko would be competing for the 3rd tall if nothing happens at trade week or both may end up in the vfl and we play the twin towers with another pressure forward.

It also means I think Read plays down back (or wing) which is a gamble because we know how well Mac can play that role. I just think Mac is too freaky and too competitive for us to waste him in the backlines.
For me play Mac as intercepting defender, at least until he bulks up. You could see teams started to engage with him physically in last couple of games and he was mostly invisible.

Yeah Mac is a 10x better forward than Jed so far. Jed is going to have to have the mother of all pre seasons to come close to even being an AFL level contributor
Aaaaahhh preseason
That magical 4 months
How I love thee
Where the AFL Alchemists turn lead into gold

Jed is going to have to have the mother of all pre seasons to come close to even being an AFL level contributor
You'd reckon he'd nearly have to train the house down-if that's even a thing ?
Maybe even come back to the Club in the best shape of his life?
Possibly even surprise coaches with a new found intensity and work ethic?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd reckon he'd nearly have to train the house down-if that's even a thing ?
Maybe even come back to the Club in the best shape of his life?
Possibly even surprise coaches with a new found intensity and work ethic?

I don’t think you need to question Jed’s intensity or work ethic. He’s in pretty good shape too just needs to translate that to competing against actual adults now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t think you need to question Jed’s intensity or work ethic. He’s in pretty good shape too just needs to translate that to competing against actual adults now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You may have not identified the spirit in which the post was written
It wasnt about Jed

So Mac Andrew signs the biggest deal in AFL history and we've got him on a 9 year contract - the trigger for the extra 4 years is playing at least 60 games in the first 5 years, otherwise it's just a 5 year deal. It's fantastic news for all involved and a real show of commitment from a guy that looks every bit of a generational talent.

However, now the pressure will be on Big Mac to perform every time he steps onto the field. Everyone now knows he's a million dollar player and will be expecting the output of a superstar in every game he plays. That's a lot of pressure for someone that's still just 20 years old, but I do think Mac is made of the right stuff to live up to the hype.

Very excited for the future with Mac as our marquee player!

He has some mongrel in him, once he is over the white line he is going to be fine, the club just needs to ensure they keep him focused off the field
100%, he's the type to enjoy the pressure but hopefully he can avoid blowing off steam and getting himself in shit for it/bad situations.

Pretty amazing to see Mac committed to Suns basically for the rest of his career. He really likes Dimma, is happy on GC and believes in what the club is doing.

No doubt he is amazing talent. Obviously, he was getting interest and great offers from other clubs. But there are some risks associated with this contract. It's another re-signing based on potential like we did in the past. IMO, Mac still has some way to go both in body development and consistent effort. He is not 1M+ player yet.

Hopefully, he learned from off-field incidents and progresses in his development.

I like him in defence and it seems that's where he will start next season.

Go Mac, become a star. We all love watching you.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to the Suns, Mac Andrew!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back