Rozza44

All Australian
Nov 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
There were quite a few positives that came out of todays game. One of the main ones was the debut of Chris Egan.

To be honest i thought he'd struggle today, but he proved me wrong he put in some good skill today and seems to perhaps be a playmaker for the future

Well done Egan!!

The main concern was that he couldn't get his own ball, but he certainly answered those critics.

11 kicks, 5 handballs and 5 marks on the day. A few clangers early, yes, but he turned his game around when he chased down that yellow and black jackass in the middle.

It's just exciting to see a guy that's actually fast when he's supposed to be and actually has skills when he's supposed to.

It certainly was a good game for him today! He showed fantastic poise and composure along with athletism! Did some good things and found the ball often. Should be interesting how he backs it up next week. But certainly a shining light in the future of the Collingwood Football Club!

well he better be ********in good i mean imagine another first rnd draft pick ******** up that would be a disgrace

His first three out on the fulls were excusable. Then he settled.

What I liked about his game the most, was that you can see that once he learns certain things (positional, chasing, leading etc.), he's got the physical attributes and skill to do them very well.

Moves around the ground gracefully and at a rapid pace. Was on the same paddock as Tambling and looked every bit as quick, just not as polished.

Very flawed, but very promising debut!

T.Cloke deserves NAB rising nom before Egan. Egan's leap is very good and so is his reach and he knows it and tries to chop off alot of handballs. Very promising debut. Keep him in the forward line and maybe put him in the wing sometimes to give him a taste of football up there. He needs work in the gym.
He is one of those players who you can absoloutly tell loves football.

sprayed a few early but i liked the look of him...especially the commitment to chase down Tivendale, who can cover some ground when he wants to

hopefully plays the rest of the year out, develops his game and can become a running wingman, forward flanker who can rip it up on his side of the ground

looking forward to the future :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very very impressive player, albeit chockablock with blunders.

Will be a player.

And no, he doesnt need building up. Put too much weight on the kid and you'll lose his athleticism.

Now bring on Rusling.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
The main concern was that he couldn't get his own ball, but he certainly answered those critics.

11 kicks, 5 handballs and 5 marks on the day. A few clangers early, yes, but he turned his game around when he chased down that yellow and black jackass in the middle.

It's just exciting to see a guy that's actually fast when he's supposed to be and actually has skills when he's supposed to.

The positive thing is that he can get the ball. A lot of players are hyped up with their skills, but can't get the ball. Colin Sylvia for example.

I think with time, his skills will improve. That was an excellent chase too. There were concerns over his defensive efforts.

Egan looked like he could play. He needs a couple of weeks to settle down. If his disposal isn't a lot better in a month or so we can start to wory.

You are right about Travis hotpie but he played the second half at CHF without another option and the last Q was a reight off alround. I though he looked good in the first half and he and Cameron are the only blokes we have with any vigour of any size. We are far too meek.

I think the best part about Egan was that he was able to get loose. About five times he was at leats 20m in the clear and we didnt go to him. If we had of hit him every time he was in the clear he would have had heaps of possies!

great debut and anyone saying it was ok is kidding themselves. club under the pump, first game, rich rivalry and some good physicality early... youre kidding, well done young man.

lets hope the pies manage him as well as C3 who has been sparred from a KPP so far to his benefit. cant kill good young players early by lettin em get bashed n crashed each week

I think we should trade Egan, what's he got that we need, very un-Collingwood. I'd rather a Shackleton type over a fast, sklilful, multi-position type any day. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Done Chris Egan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back