Well done Sainters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 29, 2003
Other Teams
Geelong
Hey all,

As a Geelong supporter I just wanted to say congrats for the win. I thought it was a really good game (except for the last quarter, you might disagree :p).

I would have liked to have seen your guys a bit happier when they won cos seeing them not really care made it all the harder for me. Anyway, well done!

I hope this is a rivarly that lasts a long time. See you in Round 1!

I echo Benny's comments. All in all, although I was deeply shattered and disappointed, it was a good match and your boys played well when the game had to be won. Congradulations and look forward to Round 1 (THIS time we'll cream your boys ;) )

Agree on the celebrations, maybe just a little smile from GT would've been good. Geelong were great, I don't know where they went wrong. Now comes the build up to round one again. :)

Originally posted by Munga
Agree on the celebrations, maybe just a little smile from GT would've been good. Geelong were great, I don't know where they went wrong. Now comes the build up to round one again. :)

We screwed our last quarter...simply choked.

Thanks for the congratulations guys.

Geelong were the better team for more than half the match IMO, (despite only winning one quarter).

By the way, the Saints boys were holding back on the celebrations because they are focused on the H&A season and wished to express that in their demeanor. Please don't take their lack of celebration as an insult - because you truly played a great preseason and were the perfect opposition - way better than we expected, but all the effort you guys put in in flooding back and rushing forward to present as targets cost you in the end.

Genuine good wishes for your season this year and I hope that we might develop some sort of rivalry out of this.

Thanks, benny and GeeCat. You lot deserved to win it more than we did. I had the same thoughts re the celebrations. If the players didn't bother looking happy afterwards, why didn't they just let Geelong win it. The Cats would have appreciated it more. It looked like the Saints players didn't care half the time during the game anyway.

Re: wow

Originally posted by DirtyDogTiger
st,kilda have the list to do a BRISSIE...only injury can stop them, / or maybe an interstate final....wow who'd have thought ?

I reckon we have the depth to rise above injury to all but the most important of players.
Who'd have thought, you ask? Heres one diehard Sainter who did! :D

Good work on the comments as well, Cats fans, good to see some respect in this burgeoning rivalry. I reckon your team will go far, they just need a tad more seasoning and experience, and they'll be set to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Sainters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back