Well done Storm!

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah i'd given up on them not only for the game but for the season. what a game.

MELBOURNE STORM 36
Tries: Bell 3 (44th, 47th, 53rd), Geyer 2 (36th, 78th), Slater (31st), Orford (75ht)
Goals: Orford 4 from 7

defeated CRONULLA SHARKS 32
Tries: Stevens (2nd), Peachey (7th), Bailey (12th), Bird (18th), Kent (67th), Hilder (71st)
Goals: Kimmorley 4 from 6

Venue: Toyota Park (Sharks) Date: Sun Mar 16 2:30pm
Half time: Sharks 22-10
Man of the Match: Steven Bell (Storm)

I was thinking 60-0 after the first 20. I actually think it was Kidwell and a few of the other guys that got them out of the rut. Kearns and Howe (in particular Howe) have questions marks on them, they just seem like they have seen better days

But dont underestimate Bellamy, he is perhaps the best coach that Melbourne could have got. He will do the side wonders, and when Langi and Ross come back, they can only get better

Cheers,
Moffo

:D I would have put all my money on Cronulla before the game, (if I had any!)

Anyway, one very happy Storm supporter here and very pleased because we were so undermanned.

There will be no stopping me getting to the game next week , broken foot or not:p

Laurie Daley was right about Bellamy finding another kicker for long distance goals.....Geyer or Scott Hill or even Danny Williams could take up that mantle.

For anyone interested in Captain Kirk Reynoldson's beard......he say's *he's grown it because his granny couldn't recognise him on the field*:)

I thought the young guys really put in and get another chance again and they will because we have so many injuries.
With Moule, Langi, Moala, Ross, ones that come straight to mind, we can improve a bit.

Yes I do agree with Moff in that I think its time for Rodney to retire (though he really tried to do all the right things today) and Kearns is just about ready to join him.
This will give lots of the younger players a chance now as there will be plenty of spots soon, as I think Robbie Ross's body won't be able to see him thru either...which is very sad, cos he was just a great player for the Storm.

Captain Kirk? lol

Yeh, id like to see Kidwell perhaps given a go up front. I think he would go well. Howe and Kearns just won't be able to keep pace with the likes of the Roosters forward pack. Either way, Kidwell should be starting

Storm playing in Melbourne next week, they might be able to get on a bit of a roll

Cheers,
Moffo

It was a superb win by the storm...

and as others have said,I had my doubts bout the storm, but at half time, I thought to myself, "we are on a roll here" and to my amazment, we won....

I was gonna chuck about 10 dollars on the storm, but accidently spent it on petrol instead, woulda came out with bout 40 bucks, but oh well... next week at the graveyard(OP), the storm will win again....
I'll be there for sure, who else will be there...

Me and a mate, called Demon3(Davis) have a bet going for $100.
the bet is that when storm makes the 8, and if melbourne demons do not, he will pay me the money, if storm do not make the 8, but melbourne does, then I will have to pay him the money... if neither make the 8 or both make the 8 in their respective leagues, then I spose, we both get to keep our money...
But I think its a value bet, and when storm makes the 8, and I get 100 bucks, then 50 of that will be on the storm to win the premiership....

Should be a good year, all round... :D :D :D :D

BTW: Ms.Storm, are you on the mssc forums aswell? Cause its me off that site...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also thought that we would be thumped after the first 20. Great courgage for the boys to come back and win. Did have minor heart attack at the end with the scrum.
Can,t wait to get to Olympic Park next week end.
MS Storm am glad that you will try to make!

I must be a lucky charm on the Storm, I got home from golf and switched the T.V on and the sharks were up 22 nil, It was all Storm from then on in.

Well done on beating the scum from the shire, I thought Billy Slater had an excellent game as did Scott Hill before he was injured and also Stephen Kearney.

Lol @ Ben Harper, Most people will believe he's come to Australia to sing, but really its to play footy for the Storm.

4Ftgiant

Originally posted by FouRFooTGiaNT
It was a superb win by the storm...

and as others have said,I had my doubts bout the storm, but at half time, I thought to myself, "we are on a roll here" and to my amazment, we won....

I was gonna chuck about 10 dollars on the storm, but accidently spent it on petrol instead, woulda came out with bout 40 bucks, but oh well... next week at the graveyard(OP), the storm will win again....
I'll be there for sure, who else will be there...

Me and a mate, called Demon3(Davis) have a bet going for $100.
the bet is that when storm makes the 8, and if melbourne demons do not, he will pay me the money, if storm do not make the 8, but melbourne does, then I will have to pay him the money... if neither make the 8 or both make the 8 in their respective leagues, then I spose, we both get to keep our money...
But I think its a value bet, and when storm makes the 8, and I get 100 bucks, then 50 of that will be on the storm to win the premiership....

Should be a good year, all round... :D :D :D :D

BTW: Ms.Storm, are you on the mssc forums aswell? Cause its me off that site...

Yes that's me;) Welcome here!

Do you want to repeat all the above, so we can understand it?;)

Listen, I have a couple of Demons supporters coming with me to the game on Sat.....they have just started to get into league last year and one is a definate new member and the other is buying a 3 game membership......

I understood him Ms.Storm. Melbourne are looking good for this year and I must say it is good to see so many VIC's with an opinion on Melbourne RL. It shows that you guys have an open mind.
Anyway, Melbourne are going down this weekend in Melbourne against the boys from the mountains, the mighty Penrith Panthers.

Tatuki

Originally posted by Tutaki

Anyway, Melbourne are going down this weekend in Melbourne against the boys from the mountains, the mighty Penrith Panthers.

Geez I hope not! I really rate the Panthers and they looked great last week against the Broncos .... very unlucky not to win.
I don;t think Girdler being out will make much difference to your team...Where will Preston play this week, do you think?

Preston will be playing five-eighth this week in place of Girds. I agree with you Ms.Storm that the loss of Girds will not make too much of a difference as we now have a Dally M player in his position. Watch out for Ben Ross this week, I am sure he will be targeted for special attention by some of the big men in the Melbourne team.

Great win by the Storm on the weekend. It's that never say die attitude that will win them a lot of fans here in Victoria.

The appointment of Craig Bellamy looks like to be a shrewd one and Billy Slater looks like he could be something special.

Sunday's win has motivated me to get along to a Storm game and that's what I will be doing on Saturday, making most of the offer for all AFL club members to get in for just $10. Should be a good day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Storm!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back