Werribee today

Remove this Banner Ad

The Doctor said:
What are you guys doing next week? Want to play for the Bulldogs?

As noted in the other thread, I think it will be some time before we see Street playing AFL games again. Not until he improves his ground skills a lot will he put his name up again for selection. I'll put Koops up for a selection chance. Robbins might need to have nother five goal haul before being considered again.

ben.carbonaro said:
As noted in the other thread, I think it will be some time before we see Street playing AFL games again. Not until he improves his ground skills a lot will he put his name up again for selection. I'll put Koops up for a selection chance. Robbins might need to have nother five goal haul before being considered again.

Perhaps he doesn't need to be too flash around the ground? just do a bit of rucking and then stick his arms up in the air 15m out from goal dead in fropnt? Streety for the Coleman medal.

Minson would have to be ahead of him for selection surely. Even Walsh or someone or his ilk to give a go in the forward line. Get a tall down there and kick it to them!

SonOfScray said:
Minson would have to be ahead of him for selection surely. Even Walsh or someone or his ilk to give a go in the forward line. Get a tall down there and kick it to them!
Minson would want to develop the art of ruckwork before he gets more senior games. There is only so much belting the ball with a fist people can tolerate.

Yeah, I agree with that and noticed that today he only punches it. He needs to plearn to knock it into space properly. Hopefully Scott Wynd will recognise this and work on it at training.

Giving our inability to clear the ball from the center when it drops in close maybe belting the ball forward isn't too bad an option? Obviously he needs to add other dimensions to his ruck work but the big fist well down the ground is a valuable tool to utilise.

Footy is a game of inches, provided we get the ball and momentum moving in our direction then I'll be happy regardless of the means.

SonOfScray said:
Giving our inability to clear the ball from the center when it drops in close maybe belting the ball forward isn't too bad an option? Obviously he needs to add other dimensions to his ruck work but the big fist well down the ground is a valuable tool to utilise.

Footy is a game of inches, provided we get the ball and momentum moving in our direction then I'll be happy regardless of the means.
Don't get me wrong I dont mind the fist every now and then, however if you do it 95% of the time it is too predictible, all I'm saying is there needs to be a greater mix of fist and palm. And as you said Ben I'm sure he'll be working on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stefoid said:
did morgan really kick 1.6 ?

Koops played forward and kicked 4.5? were his misses justifiable, or was he just kicking for goal badly?

Yeah he did, he was playing on a forward flank and also had a a run as a midfielder. He has the pace to do this.

His misses were justifiable, although I think sometimes he needs to calm down and stop those flashy round the body type snaps. If he takes time and works more on his set shots, his accuracy should improve.

I think he is worth a try as a half forward for us. he has pace and overhead marking. put johno out to half forward on the other flank where he belongs, play bowden as a far roving CHF and put a big guy playing out of the square at all times.

where did morgan play?

ben.carbonaro said:
Yeah he did, he was playing on a forward flank and also had a a run as a midfielder. He has the pace to do this.

His misses were justifiable, although I think sometimes he needs to calm down and stop those flashy round the body type snaps. If he takes time and works more on his set shots, his accuracy should improve.

Why would you bring someone into the seniors who has just kicked 4.5, Eade has stated very clearly we need to take our chances. Sends the wrong message, when he kicks 5 straight or stops doing the panicky things he tends to do then lets talk about putting him up.

Yeah, it does with kicking like that.

Personally, I would give it a few weeks in the VFL to see if he can improve. Would suggest that he possibly is given an opportunity to play down back and let the Bulldogs coaching staff decide if he can replace Harris.

ben.carbonaro said:
Yeah, it does with kicking like that.

Personally, I would give it a few weeks in the VFL to see if he can improve. Would suggest that he possibly is given an opportunity to play down back and let the Bulldogs coaching staff decide if he can replace Harris.

Morgan is probably our best replacement for Harris, after all he did keep Fevola to 1 goal last season at Optus Oval.

Ben, who actually played at Full Back and CHB on Sunday for Werribee?

I am pretty sure had a run at CHB, but unsure about full back as am still getting used to know who each player when looking at them from afar.

I can find out for you if you are interested ?

Someone might be able to help you out on here.

Looks like a few put their hand up for senior selection. The team will be interesting this week. we have at least two changes so it will be interesting to see who comes in.

Turtleman3 said:
Looks like a few put their hand up for senior selection. The team will be interesting this week. we have at least two changes so it will be interesting to see who comes in.

I really do hope Brad Murphy gets a call up again this year, his first two games for Werribee have been good. He showed his versatility yesterday when he played down back, but also spent sometime as a running midfielder. His peformances for Werribee last year were pretty consistant from what people tell me.

Had it not been for injuries, he might not have played senior football until this year.

Also, how do you rate Tim Walsh's chance of playing for the Bulldogs this year ?

stefoid said:
did morgan really kick 1.6 ?

Koops played forward and kicked 4.5? were his misses justifiable, or was he just kicking for goal badly?
Not by my count. He was in the backline much of the day!

And Koops didn't kicked 4.5 either. By my count Koops didnt kick any.

The Bees only kicked 15 behinds for the day!

Remove this Banner Ad

Werribee today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back