West Coast 2014-15 offseason thread

Remove this Banner Ad

OMeara, Bennell, Swallow then Martin in that order. All those players would cost us our first pick this year, next year and the year after

Sorry I deleted that post now I didn't like it at all .:))

Working and posting gets distracting unfortunately

Last edited:
I wonder if we could get Rich cheap now that Beams is a chance to the Lions?

Its definitely the chance to try..I'd offer up our first rounder for him, Brissy's gonna need more than just pick 4 for a contracted Beams. He'd free up Shuey/Gaff from the tag and he and Hurn delivering to the forwards is deadly.

Something like this could work imo:

WC get Rich, give 10 (whatever our first ends up)
Bris get Beams and 26? (Pies 2nd rounder), give Rich and 4
Pies get 4 and 10, lose Beams and 26

Its definitely the chance to try..I'd offer up our first rounder for him, Brissy's gonna need more than just pick 4 for a contracted Beams. He'd free up Shuey/Gaff from the tag and he and Hurn delivering to the forwards is deadly.

Something like this could work imo:

WC get Rich, give 10 (whatever our first ends up)
Bris get Beams and 26? (Pies 2nd rounder), give Rich and 4
Pies get 4 and 10, lose Beams and 26
Think that's one of the better deals I've seen. I like it lets hire you!

This time last year anyone suggesting Beams would be at Brisbane next year would of been laughed at, why is Rich to WC so impossible.

Beams has a sick father in Qld. It's not apples with apples.

Rich's name has come up every year since he was drafted. Daniel Wells Mk II. He's happy and contracted at Brisbane.

Beams has a sick father in Qld. It's not apples with apples.

Rich's name has come up every year since he was drafted. Daniel Wells Mk II. He's happy and contracted at Brisbane.

Wells has said he almost signed with us before his last contract, so things do happen behind the scenes.

Do I think it'll happen, of course not. But if u read the post I was saying we should be having a crack, and as far as I can see this is the appropriate thread to post such a discussion. Be a pretty boring discussion if it's simply, "he's not coming" to everything.

It's likewise a 'pretty boring' discussion when people simply recite the same ex-WA players names year after year during trade week. Rich is contracted and has made zero indications he wants to leave Brisbane. Why not bring up Buddy Franklin as a potential trade target?

Wells almost joined us at the end of 2010 after being talked about every year from his debut in 2003.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's likewise a 'pretty boring' discussion when people simply recite the same ex-WA players names year after year during trade week. Rich is contracted and has made zero indications he wants to leave Brisbane. Why not bring up Buddy Franklin as a potential trade target?

Wells almost joined us at the end of 2010 after being talked about every year from his debut in 2003.

Rich has been suggested because Beams has indicated he wants to go to Qld, and from the sounds of it he'd prefer Brissy. So there's an opportunity there because Brisbane need to give up something to get him. The fact he's young, a West Aussie), a solid bodied mid, and has excellent disposal means he is obviously a perfect target for us.

Or we could sit on our hands and do nothing because no one will come here, and then bitch and moan next year about how crap our midfield is.

The reasons Rich may be in discussions:

HE may see Beams coming to the club as a sign of less playing time/ not preferred position?
HE may have a thought of returning home?
LIONS might want to get back into early draft picks IF they use them on Ryder & Beams?
LIONS may need to give a bit- to get a bit... RE Beams, 3/4 way trade?
LIONS may think, Rich coming off an ACL might be lesser value with already gun mids and talented youngsters coming through?
LIONS may think, freeing up MORE cap space is needed?

Saying that, Im sure we`re not going to pay him a massive salary or use more than a 2nd rounder for him....

More importantly- CONIGLIO WOULD BE A MASSIVE GET!!

I don't think we will be involved in any big trades this year.

Think we will be the least active of all 18 clubs.

We don't have the currency to get these players. This would require quality players willing to go to GWS or GC - I don't think there are any on our list who would want to make that move (that we'd be willing to trade).

Pick 4 + Pick 22, then.

Brisbane would be dumb to lose Rich from their bargaining position.
Suggest we wait 12 months on Rich He is still contracted. Any idea on his contract status? I thought he was under contract until end 2015. Given it will take 12 months to get confidence post injury, we go for him at end 2015.

Trade hyperthetical -
Brown and pick 10 > GWS coniglio pick 20 and 23
Pick 20 > Rich
Pick 23 Lewis Jetta
Fu<king bang! Instant midfield
I know it dreaming but with those 3 acquisitions we would be close to contending

Last edited:
OMeara, Bennell, Swallow then Martin in that order. All those players would cost us our first pick this year, next year and the year after
I can't work out if that's first to last or last to first? Strange order. I thought it'd be clearly Swallow then Bennell with Omeara battling it out with Martin. That's from who they'd prefer to give up to who they'd least want to give up

Trade hyperthetical -
Brown and pick 10 > GWS coniglio pick 20 and 23
Pick 20 > Rich
Pick 23 Lewis Jetta
Fu<king bang! Instant midfield
I know it dreaming but with those 3 acquisitions we would be close to contending

This is one of the more absurd hypotheticals I've seen.

Unders to GWS then unders to Sydney then unders to Brisbane.

I can't work out if that's first to last or last to first? Strange order. I thought it'd be clearly Swallow then Bennell with Omeara battling it out with Martin. That's from who they'd prefer to give up to who they'd least want to give up
I have OMeara first, that's the way I'd rate them, but there's not much in it, anyone of them would be awsome to have.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast 2014-15 offseason thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back