West Coast 2014-15 offseason thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I definitely want Hallahan

But on the same "cheers bro!" terms as when you let JPK and McGlynn walk to Sydney for pick 39 & 46 (or something like that)

Still staggers me to this day how the Hawks willingly did that trade - and to a direct rival no less!

Revisited post F/S bidding:

Out: Brennan, Smith, Tunbridge, Wilson, Carter, Cox (ret.), Glass (ret.)

Rd 1: Laverde/Ahern/De Goey/Pickett
Rd 2: Menadue/Blakely/Howe/Miller/Gore
Rd 3: Cripps/Markov/D. McKenzie
Rd 4: Deluca/Bevan/McGovern/Abbott
Rd 5: Waterman
Rd 6: Upgrade Sinclair (if he isnt traded)

Rk 1: Lockyer

IMO we need:

- A tall ruckman/fwd (especially if we trade Sinclair, bringing in Cripps/Bevan)
- A small forward/mid (Deluca/Pickett, we already have Karpany and Newman developing)
- An inside/outside mid and an outside line breaker (Laverde, Ahern, De Goey, Menadue, Blakely, Gore, Miller, Abbott)
- A HBF with good disposal and football smarts (Howe, D. McKenzie, Lockyer)
- A KPF/KPD (McGovern/Bevan)
Are those outs you opinion or official? Because I'm sure Tunners, Wilson n Carter are on our list still.

I definitely want Hallahan

But on the same "cheers bro!" terms as when you let JPK and McGlynn walk to Sydney for pick 39 & 46 (or something like that)

Still staggers me to this day how the Hawks willingly did that trade - and to a direct rival no less!

Hawks had salary cap problems at the time, Sydney as we all know have no such worries so were able to help Hawthorn out.

Hawks had salary cap problems at the time, Sydney as we all know have no such worries so were able to help Hawthorn out.

Other clubs would have bitten the Hawks hand off had they offered either of those players for a pittance

It didn't seem like any other club got a whiff of it until the paperwork was submitted, which is strange

Are those outs you opinion or official? Because I'm sure Tunners, Wilson n Carter are on our list still.
Opinion, I think Wilson, Carter and Tunners are all going to be delisted now that Waterman can be picked up for so little. It may sway the list manager's mind to make more room now given they have second and third round picks because Waterman slid to our last live pick.

Bump

So did Vozzo just sit around picking his nose all week?

Fair dinkum, for a team with a bottom 3 midfield (and that's being kind) there is a LOT of faith being shown in the current crop for natural improvement

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast 2014-15 offseason thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back