West Coast Grannies - Get your knitting needles ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 19, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
After the derby last year, talkback radio was infested by West Coast Eagles grannies complaining about how big bad bustling Josh Carr picked on their druggie(s*).

Now Barry Hall has got them all revved up again, their dialling fingers are ready and they are ready for "The Someone Picked on the Eagles War II".

Any one like to predict how many days and nights West Australian radio listeners will have to put up with their whining and moaning this time?

(* Worsfold said there was 8 druggies, so in all likelihood, Josh probably picked on more than one).

It's not only the radio!!

You can bet your bottom dollar that some old sexually frustrated maiden.....lets call her Gladys from Craigie.....will be madly typing an outraged letter to the editor of The Worst Australian.

You wont be able to walk into a pub without hearing some old bag moaning about how "that lovely boy Staker" got a love tap from that "Evil brute Hall"!!

It will never end, I tell you!!:(

You can bet your bottom dollar that some old sexually frustrated maiden.....lets call her Gladys from Craigie.....will be madly typing an outraged letter to the editor of The Worst Australian.

You wont be able to walk into a pub without hearing some old bag moaning about how "that lovely boy Staker" got a love tap from that "Evil brute Hall"!!

:rolleyes:

I suggest you lads worry about your side missing out on its 'premiership' window. How long has it been open again?

;)

Why is my "Deflection Alert Device" going bananas????

Simple answer bushie. You're a fremantle fan, so by being a fremantle fan and being around fremantle fans your "Deflection Alert Advice" gets a real workout on a regular basis.

I'll give you an example.

Fremantle fan #1: Hey we've already said over and over again that the Eagles are crap and they're in the bottom four. People are starting to say we're really unoriginal and they're going to start looking at our club soon.

Fremantle fan #2: Well lets start another thread about the Eagles. Erm, Eagles suck, we beat them!

Fremantle fan #3: Nah can't do that, we'd look like ******s and that beating the Eagles is like winning a premiership for us.

Fremantle fan #1: But it is like winning a premiership..

Fremantle fan #3: Shut up, thats besides the point. What can we do to divert the attention. We can do something about the Hall hit, but there are already 100 threads about the Eagles being soft.

Fremantle fan #2: I know! A thread about grandmas complaining!

Fremantle fan #3: Brilliant. That'll keep the heat off the fact that we just got pumped by 10 goals by last year's wooden spooners at home.

Fremantle fan #1: Damn we're good at deflecting.

*All the fans chuckle and a new thread is started*

*bushie's Deflection Alert Device goes bananas*

:thumbsu:

Good to see your hanging with your own kind, or are you just broadening the net?

After the derby last year, talkback radio was infested by West Coast Eagles grannies complaining about how big bad bustling Josh Carr picked on their druggie(s*).

Now Barry Hall has got them all revved up again, their dialling fingers are ready and they are ready for "The Someone Picked on the Eagles War II".

Any one like to predict how many days and nights West Australian radio listeners will have to put up with their whining and moaning this time?

(* Worsfold said there was 8 druggies, so in all likelihood, Josh probably picked on more than one).

The incident happened on Saturday. It's now Wednesday. I don't listen to talkback radio but I'd imagine the grannies would have already worn out their dentures by now.

Thanks for the advance warning though.

Simple answer bushie. You're a fremantle fan, so by being a fremantle fan and being around fremantle fans your "Deflection Alert Advice" gets a real workout on a regular basis.

I'll give you an example.

Fremantle fan #1: Hey we've already said over and over again that the Eagles are crap and they're in the bottom four. People are starting to say we're really unoriginal and they're going to start looking at our club soon.

Fremantle fan #2: Well lets start another thread about the Eagles. Erm, Eagles suck, we beat them!

Fremantle fan #3: Nah can't do that, we'd look like ******s and that beating the Eagles is like winning a premiership for us.

Fremantle fan #1: But it is like winning a premiership..

Fremantle fan #3: Shut up, thats besides the point. What can we do to divert the attention. We can do something about the Hall hit, but there are already 100 threads about the Eagles being soft.

Fremantle fan #2: I know! A thread about grandmas complaining!

Fremantle fan #3: Brilliant. That'll keep the heat off the fact that we just got pumped by 10 goals by last year's wooden spooners at home.

Fremantle fan #1: Damn we're good at deflecting.

*All the fans chuckle and a new thread is started*

*bushie's Deflection Alert Device goes bananas*

I'll pay that:thumbsu:

But unfortunately for you, my Deflection Alert Device is specifically calibrated for whinging, moaning WCE supporters who don't like prolonged criticism of their once proud club:thumbsu::)

And it is still going bananas.

Because of posts like this......

Good to see your hanging with your own kind, or are you just broadening the net?

I'll pay that:thumbsu:

But unfortunately for you, my Deflection Alert Device is specifically calibrated for whinging, moaning WCE supporters who don't like prolonged criticism of their once proud club:thumbsu::)

And it is still going bananas.

Because of posts like this......

lol. to that bushie i say atleast WCE was once a proud club. can't really say the same for the dorkers now can we? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The incident happened on Saturday. It's now Wednesday. I don't listen to talkback radio but I'd imagine the grannies would have already worn out their dentures by now.

Thanks for the advance warning though.

We aren't talking about your average run of the mill whinging retirees here, we are talking West Coast Whining Old Women. They are battle hardened from years of moaning and groaning about their poor team. 4 days of whinging is barely time for them to warm up!

Besides, the verdict was yesterday, that gives them fresh ammunition.

You wouldn't understand bandwagonner.

What are you basing the fact that he is a 'bandwagonner' on? Based on his start date he joined right about the time we started going downhill and he's still here posting.

You have to be one of the dumbest and most ignorant Fremantle fans I've ever met. If you're going to troll do it with a little intelligence. Grannies whining? Are you that stupid that you couldn't come up with anything better?

Please come back with something along the lines of "West Coke Eagles", "Eagles are soft" or "We beat you" so that you can further confirm my point.

What are you basing the fact that he is a 'bandwagonner' on? Based on his start date he joined right about the time we started going downhill and he's still here posting.

You have to be one of the dumbest and most ignorant Fremantle fans I've ever met. If you're going to troll do it with a little intelligence. Grannies whining? Are you that stupid that you couldn't come up with anything better?

Please come back with something along the lines of "West Coke Eagles", "Eagles are soft" or "We beat you" so that you can further confirm my point.

How about "Eagles Suck". Will that do?

I base the bandwagonner on the amount of Eagles fans that ask me "Why do you support Freo, they are useless, they'll never win the flag."
I support my team because they are my team - I don't support them because they won a flag and I'll feel really good about myself if I let everyone know I support them.

Hence Eagles fans = bandwagonners QED. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Grannies - Get your knitting needles ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back