West Coast Premiership Window Closed?

Remove this Banner Ad

People seem to be under the impression that we dominated last year then won the flag. That simply isn't the case. It's just that we hit out straps when it mattered.

You know that everything goes in cycles, as does the playing life of a footballer except that when the full cycle goes around the time has run out .
The Eagles can't be the best forever and a day, it won't happen, if that was the case you could have the 1992 and 1994 teams still playing.
The bubble must burst now and again thats how the cycle of new players come through.The Eags have to be at there best this year because in footy these days it doesn't last as long as it used to. This is their last year for a while in my opinion.

Thats true, but the calibre of player is different.

How many Brownlow Medalists, or six times AA, or Norm Smith winning players is Hawthorn missing?

Wow injuries are allowed as an excuse now are they????

As a saints supporter I recall being told injuries weren't a valid excuse, must inform you then that we were missing a dual coleman medallist yesterday, a number one dradt pick, our CHB, and possibly a dual all Australian ruckman, not to mention the long missing Hamill.

Seems to me my teams performance rates so much better yesterday when you allow facts to muddy the waters, the long held belief that We have no depth sort of dissipated with the tearing sound of the eagles being ripped a new one yesterday. As a byside it was so nice of all the eagles supporters to be so quiet during the second quarter yesterday, made listening to the game that much better, pathetic - you west coasties are all chest thumping when you're up but sad quiet little things when you're down

You have to ask how long can a team be a great side whos just playing average footy before people realise that the are just an average side.Things change very quickly in footy and a teams form guide is about 15 games i would say ,anything that happened before that is irrelevent.

The eagles havent played well all year and were lucky to be 6-0 ,People seem to think they have this extra gear and they are juz gonna turn it on in September.We'll see i guess.

You have to ask how long can a team be a great side whos just playing average footy before people realise that the are just an average side.Things change very quickly in footy and a teams form guide is about 15 games i would say ,anything that happened before that is irrelevent.

The eagles havent played well all year and were lucky to be 6-0 ,People seem to think they have this extra gear and they are juz gonna turn it on in September.We'll see i guess.

The point is tho, that the Swans and Eagles have earned the right to be thought of in this way. All good things must come to an end sure, but the Eagles are the reigning premiers, are missing a few key blokes, and are still in the top 4. I have no doubt they will be in the mix in the second last week of the season at least.

Wow injuries are allowed as an excuse now are they????

As a saints supporter I recall being told injuries weren't a valid excuse, must inform you then that we were missing a dual coleman medallist yesterday, a number one dradt pick, our CHB, and possibly a dual all Australian ruckman, not to mention the long missing Hamill.

Seems to me my teams performance rates so much better yesterday when you allow facts to muddy the waters, the long held belief that We have no depth sort of dissipated with the tearing sound of the eagles being ripped a new one yesterday. As a byside it was so nice of all the eagles supporters to be so quiet during the second quarter yesterday, made listening to the game that much better, pathetic - you west coasties are all chest thumping when you're up but sad quiet little things when you're down

Pfft, dual coleman medallist, hasn't Rix kicked more goals than the G-Train this year?

I don't like to use injuries as an excuse but being that you brought it up, we were missing 2 brownlow medallists one of them being our captain, 1 AA midfielder, our CHF, Norm Smith medallist and vice captain and a damn reliable utility.

Funny how the Eagles are only allowed the smallest of outhouse windows for their premierships yet the Saints seem to get a great, wide, flapping barn door for theirs. What's it going on 7 years as being premiership contenders now?

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Premiership Window Closed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back