AFLW West Coast vs Port Adelaide - Round 1 @ Lathlain

Remove this Banner Ad

Usually this is the case but not today. The go ahead goal was from one of the worst frees you will ever see, 5m out.

Especially as our girl stood her ground and took the mark.

What was going through the umpire’s head?

Was it because the Eagles forward fell over?

What possible rationale was there to strip position and gift the Eagles a goal?

****ing absurd.

Usually this is the case but not today. The go ahead goal was from one of the worst frees you will ever see, 5m out.
That free kick in particular was awful. But that doesn't account for the fact we barely had a shot on goal in the entire last quarter. And every time the eagles went forward they looked likely.

Outplayed by a team that was a harder to the death and better structured behind the ball.

Blaming umpiring is dumb. Just outplayed. They were harder in the last quarter and the defending was s**t house the entire game.
WCE got a free kick in the goal square and a goal because they Port player stood her ground at the drop of the ball and took a mark when a West Coast player ran into her.

Not to mention a few minutes earlier 3 BS back to back frees that took the ball the length of the ground and caused a goal.

Outplayed by a team that was

wearing lime green.

you can ignore it and be philosophical about it when you’re winning.

that was “we’ll be looking into betting patterns” levels of atrocious towards the end.

I watched the first quarter and last quarter, saw 6 west coast goals and none of ours. Wasn’t great viewing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Honestly thought we had it at 3qt, we dominated for that middle period. Couldn't go on with it and were visibly rattled when the avalanche of frees came - structures went missing.

a few years ago someone said Erin could be 45 and she'd still be the best W player. today showed that's no longer the case.

time and injuries have caught up I think. struggled to turn in the slippery conditions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a few years ago someone said Erin could be 45 and she'd still be the best W player. today showed that's no longer the case.

time and injuries have caught up I think. struggled to turn in the slippery conditions.

For her sake, she better be at ‘only started running again last week’ levels of fitness.

Made 2022 Robbie look like 1980 Ebert.

We aren't making finals this year. The goal should be to at the top of the expansion teams and maybe pinch a win off one of the clubs already in the comp. Given WCE are probably the weakest team in the competition with maybe GC I'm not too hopeful about that second part.

I'll need more than one week but praps we just plonk her in a forward pocket & leave her there.

We aren't making finals this year. The goal should be to at the top of the expansion teams and maybe pinch a win off one of the clubs already in the comp. Given WCE are probably the weakest team in the competition with maybe GC I'm not too hopeful about that second part.
Man take a breath we are a week in, they need to build cohesion & match fitness.

Watched the last qtr.

Not just the frees, but like someone said earlier, Erin taking a free kick for another Port player. The umpires completely lost control of what was happening.

Ball spills out of a tackle to a Port player, and then they immediately blow the whistle for a ball up? Happened at least 3 times.

I'll watch a few games, if its all umpired by randoms that probably barrack for the home team, I don't think ill keep interest next year.

One of the umpires was definitely an AFL umpire. The male one. I'm not sure he made any of the howlers though.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW West Coast vs Port Adelaide - Round 1 @ Lathlain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back