Western Bears

Remove this Banner Ad

On top of all that, league has one precious thing going for it that AFL doesn’t when it comes to a requirement for a player pool: one big chunk of it does not require anything but toughness and body type. At bare minimum AFL players require skill. You can’t play without it, even the much maligned ruckmen need some of it so it is going to narrow a player pool to some degree.
There will always be places in the NRL for 3-4 guys in every team who can simply ‘be big and run straight.’

You know, the one's that filter out anything anything that doesn't put the NRL in a good light.

Bahahahahaha here we go 😂😂😂

Ah yes the old ‘you have to have a side.’

You do know I maintain pretty much the same arguments for the AFL, right?

There’s lots of things about the NRL that don’t put it in a good light: it’s utter refusal to do anything about the piss poor refereeing situation. It’s diabolical stance on some of its rules both in terms of game play, and foul play. The judiciary is a joke.

It’s picking and choosing of who gets embraced by the game and shunned by it. Contracts mean less than the paper they are printed on.

Is this supposed to mean that I have to agree with you, is it?

All of this disregards completely the sheer volume of players currently playing overseas in both rugby codes who could otherwise easily play here.

In your blinkered opinion.
but they're not playing here are they and it defies logic to suggest they'd knock back all that loot if they were good enough.
You've just bolstered my earlier point about the Australian content in the NRL is getting severely diluted.
and yes it does matter at a participation level, the long term future of the game.

In your blinkered opinion.
but they're not playing here are they and it defies logic to suggest they'd knock back all that loot if they were good enough.
You've just bolstered my earlier point about the Australian content in the NRL is getting severely diluted.
and yes it does matter at a participation level, the long term future of the game.

More teams here means more money here.

Australian content is getting severely diluted 😂😂😂

What are we the Nazi Rugby League???

Who cares

On top of all that, league has one precious thing going for it that AFL doesn’t when it comes to a requirement for a player pool: one big chunk of it does not require anything but toughness and body type.

You said it. That's why i laugh when somebody mentions skill and rugbyleague in the same sentence.

At bare minimum AFL players require skill. You can’t play without it, even the much maligned ruckmen need some of it so it is going to narrow a player pool to some degree.

But the player pool is some much larger to start with.
FYI, the the likely introduction of the last-disposal o.o.b. kick, ruckmen are even less needed.

There will always be places in the NRL for 3-4 guys in every team who can simply ‘be big and run straight.’

And THAT is where the product suffers. Not much attraction in that eh what.

Bahahahahaha here we go 😂😂😂
Ah yes the old ‘you have to have a side.’
You do know I maintain pretty much the same arguments for the AFL, right?

I have absolutely no idea what you're attempting to say.

There’s lots of things about the NRL that don’t put it in a good light: it’s utter refusal to do anything about the piss poor refereeing situation. It’s diabolical stance on some of its rules both in terms of game play, and foul play. The judiciary is a joke.

I could easily add a long list to that.

Is this supposed to mean that I have to agree with you, is it?

I have absolutely no idea what you're attempting to agree to.

You said it. That's why i laugh when somebody mentions skill and rugbyleague in the same sentence.

But the player pool is some much larger to start with.
FYI, the the likely introduction of the last-disposal o.o.b. kick, ruckmen are even less needed.

And THAT is where the product suffers. Not much attraction in that eh what.

I have absolutely no idea what you're attempting to say.

I could easily add a long list to that.

I have absolutely no idea what you're attempting to agree to.

😂😂 ok mate.

You see this is why I suggest that you are blinkered - because you are blind to the consequences.

At participation level a lot of people care.
Are you not aware of this ?

My son is an Australian born part-Anglo/part-Indigenous child playing junior rugby league and I work part time for the NSW Country Rugby League.

No please fill me in.

Sorry but I get tired of giving time and effort on honest information and it getting deleted by mods yet again.

Your post where you changed a highly respected poster on this forums name to fatboy was deleted and rightly so.

I'd warned him about getting into a debate with you for obvious reasons.

Feel free to carry on your anti-Rugby league agenda on Wookie's sub-forum, but here I suggest you pull your head in or like all you other user names it will end out the same way.

BTW, don't bother replying, just heed the message, please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bears

Remove this Banner Ad

Back