Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

opposition will have more to worry about than just Marcus

Like who???
The only thing that can be confirmed about Ryan is that he is not playing for west. Wanted a generous sign on fee and the club denied his request. Should see a better performance from east this weekend. Plenty of depth, 15 players got knocked back.

Did anyone see the east vs west game? Would have expected east to give them a flogging or are west better then what theyre getting credit for. What was the quality of the game like?
went to the east v west game expecting to see a full fit east side easily beat a weakened & apparently unfit west side by 10+goals .in a scrappy game west matched east for 3 quarters and probably should have won it when east almost stopped to a walk early in the last quarter , if not for inaccuracy by west they would have won .had ryan,carter & richardson been playing west would have won by 5 goals .scott flemming a big dissapointment considering the money he is on !definately a weaker competition this year but will see some unpredictable results .

went to the east v west game expecting to see a full fit east side easily beat a weakened & apparently unfit west side by 10+goals .in a scrappy game west matched east for 3 quarters and probably should have won it when east almost stopped to a walk early in the last quarter , if not for inaccuracy by west they would have won .had ryan,carter & richardson been playing west would have won by 5 goals .scott flemming a big dissapointment considering the money he is on !definately a weaker competition this year but will see some unpredictable results .

I think you'll find east wont be repeating that performance. Still not sure why they recruited flemming. Richardson applied for a clearance to kalangadoo but got knocked back...is he staying at west?

wotdoiput, ill tell you what you put and that is a whole lot of absolute dribble about a club that are more interested in celebrating their netballs teams success than pulling their finger out of their tight ar$e holes and recruiting the best footballers in the MSE. If you can't recruit any of the 50 quality players that live in Millicent but play in the MSE to your organisation, then I would be looking whether there is a culture problem at the MFC where no one wants to play there!

i dont think its got anything to do with millicents culture, its individuals. these kids see all the guys they went to school with training 2 nights a week, playing easy opposition, winning premierships every year, getting on the drink every saturday night. its pretty attractive for a 20 year old kid to go and play mid se rather than western border. they dont have to travel, they get paid well, they play with and against local people, they get to talk about the games with workmates.

Millicent, is geographically on the far edge of the league and apart from the people at the club, everyone else in the town follows (and sponsors) mid se teams. i hope this review can bring something positive to the area (and all areas) because there is no way a shrinking town (with economic uncertainty) can support 4 teams. the leagues need a major change

i dont think its got anything to do with millicents culture, its individuals. these kids see all the guys they went to school with training 2 nights a week, playing easy opposition, winning premierships every year, getting on the drink every saturday night. its pretty attractive for a 20 year old kid to go and play mid se rather than western border. they dont have to travel, they get paid well, they play with and against local people, they get to talk about the games with workmates.

Millicent, is geographically on the far edge of the league and apart from the people at the club, everyone else in the town follows (and sponsors) mid se teams. i hope this review can bring something positive to the area (and all areas) because there is no way a shrinking town (with economic uncertainty) can support 4 teams. the leagues need a major change

Which club did you say you belonged to again rusty....east????
Name one millicent footballer that is in the mid se on big $$$$ or is getting paid more than jon agnew.

Which club did you say you belonged to again rusty....east????
Name one millicent footballer that is in the mid se on big $$$$ or is getting paid more than jon agnew.

yes im a strong dogs supporter their bulldogger, but due to work i sometimes end up around the mid se on a saturday.

where would u like me to start, matt faulkner (1000 estimate), jack sullivan ($700), chris murray (500), chris puatti (400), nathan muhovics (300), dylan gamble (400) dylan ridley (job + 400) tylah saunders (500).

these clubs arent just mini leaguers any more. add 3 or 4 of these players to any western border side and youd go very close to a flag. players dont want to come into our league for the reasons i mentioned before, cash, no travel, easy standard, social,

yes im a strong dogs supporter their bulldogger, but due to work i sometimes end up around the mid se on a saturday.

where would u like me to start, matt faulkner (1000 estimate), jack sullivan ($700), chris murray (500), chris puatti (400), nathan muhovics (300), dylan gamble (400) dylan ridley (job + 400) tylah saunders (500).

these clubs arent just mini leaguers any more. add 3 or 4 of these players to any western border side and youd go very close to a flag. players dont want to come into our league for the reasons i mentioned before, cash, no travel, easy standard, social,

Tim stringer $1000 a game minimum. Farmers with too much money. The only advantage the wbfl has over the mid se at the moment is the difference in the quality of the reserves comp. Mid se reserves comp is at a terrible standard and no-one wants to play it.

Tim stringer $1000 a game minimum. Farmers with too much money. The only advantage the wbfl has over the mid se at the moment is the difference in the quality of the reserves comp. Mid se reserves comp is at a terrible standard and no-one wants to play it.

yeh agree there hoffman, the reserves standard is much higher, better depth. just struggling to keep the senior players, which points to one thing. cash!!

I think you'll find east wont be repeating that performance. Still not sure why they recruited flemming. Richardson applied for a clearance to kalangadoo but got knocked back...is he staying at west?
saw richardson at the west huddle last saturday , apparently didnt play because he got 1 game suspension for dropping a north guy in the grand final last year .pretty sure sure he will be playing this week when they play south .

saw the easties take on the yellowbellies on saturday. I am worried, i cant see anyone getting close to them. lets hope the september curse can strike them like it has for the last 20 years

North were always going to win this they were bigger smarter more skillful and better drilled. I thought they should have won by ten goals, but to Easts credit when they were prepared to run and play as a team they took it up to North, if they done that for four quarters the result may have been different. East has three main problems not enough drive from their small men, no target inside 30 meters and very little leadership. I cant see them changing things. As for North i think they will have at least two teams that will seriously challenge for the flag it is not theirs by a long way. ;)
PS
I thought this guy Fleming was next to best on the ground contrary to what has been said on this forum it is the first time i saw him and he was by far the best big man on the ground IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North were always going to win this they were bigger smarter more skillful and better drilled. I thought they should have won by ten goals, but to Easts credit when they were prepared to run and play as a team they took it up to North, if they done that for four quarters the result may have been different. East has three main problems not enough drive from their small men, no target inside 30 meters and very little leadership. I cant see them changing things. As for North i think they will have at least two teams that will seriously challenge for the flag it is not theirs by a long way. ;)
PS
I thought this guy Fleming was next to best on the ground contrary to what has been said on this forum it is the first time i saw him and he was by far the best big man on the ground IMO.
Klem22 i was at the game on sat as well and the yellow bellies will be hard to toss come september.Flemming needs to get a kick as well with the coin he demands each year, a few more good games will be required from him to repay east some coin.As i have said previously that last game in september is one north always stumble at.

Portland are pushing to join the hampden league next year when they meet with the vcfl. Majority vote by their members in favour of switching leagues.

This is the league structure that the SACFL has suggested to the VCFL

North.......... Hamilton
East.......... Imperials
South.......... Casterton/Coleraine
West.......... Naracoorte
Millicent.......... Penola

If this is portlands last year the last thing we want is for them to take out the gf.....unless they play north!!!!

This is the league structure that the SACFL has suggested to the VCFL

North.......... Hamilton
East.......... Imperials
South.......... Casterton/Coleraine
West.......... Naracoorte
Millicent.......... Penola

If this is portlands last year the last thing we want is for them to take out the gf.....unless they play north!!!!

I have heard this....demographically it fits
Watching casterton play I think they have no other option but merge. Cant see them being any better off merging with sandford.
Imps have started the season well, Im liking them for a top four side.

The saints were lucky to get away with a win against hamilton. With their losses I think brad thomas has done a good job with the boys. They dont have a strong forward line but their movement out of the backline was superb. The state of their reserves team is a worry but we're probably not that much better with our under 18's.
On the review front naracoorte wouldn't be a bad replacement for portland......if they can make it work!!!!

West to go through the season winless?? Where are these new recruits that are going to cause problems for the opposition???

West and Casterton will fight it out for the wooden spoon. Thats a big turn around for west from 2 time premiers to bottom of the ladder, I dont think their other grades are doing too well either. East have yet to convince me they are flag contenders, I dont think they quite have their structures right so we'll see what happens with them later on in the year.
Heard Jarrod Ryan isn't exactly turning heads at his new club.

player losess from west would hurt any side

holmes, davey, obriens x2 , crocker , ryan, bromley, wilson, cowell, jones.

i defiy any side to recover from that.

question should be asked why couldnt ransom recruit any one

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back