Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Confidence is down, morale is down. Playing like a bunch of school boys - weak pathetic football I think sums it up.
struggling with lack of depth.

they musnt be playing well although these are the differences from last year (b tilley, hosking, contin, rehn, weir, d tilley, calleli, ridley, hutchesson, egan) and maybe a few more. its not an excuse but id say if u took 10 players out of any side they'd struggle

might have to start bringing back a few from glenelg

looks like this year is shaping up to be a lot less even than last year. the ladder is a bit deceptive until everyone has played each other once (after round 9)

has to look like a battle between 3 at this early stage though (portland, west and north)

struggling with lack of depth.

they musnt be playing well although these are the differences from last year (b tilley, hosking, contin, rehn, weir, d tilley, calleli, ridley, hutchesson, egan) and maybe a few more. its not an excuse but id say if u took 10 players out of any side they'd struggle

might have to start bringing back a few from glenelg
Must agree take a number of players out of that Millicent side from last year and they will struggle. I saw the game Saturday interesting reaction from Deans at 3/4 Qrt time hope the player is OK but what he said was more to the point. Also was sickened by and incident in the reserves when a North player was felled by an elbow behind the play, and from where I was the umpire saw it and did nothing about it, and have heard the player is in Adelaide getting plates put into his cheek. Found out later that the umpire is a past President of Millicent interesting ???????. But North do look better with McConnell playing

well isnt that the clubs fault for not getting more depth.... 4 of those players u mentioned for millicent barely played laste year or were mainly ressies players,,, and rehn has only missed one game. plus millicent did pick up a few handy players.....so the ins and outs are a bit more even than u may make it out too be......gascoyne and murray would be the most potent forward line in the league,,, but the three millicent games have been 4 goals, 4 goals, 7 goals......is it the players or coach?????? heard millicent have west at west this week???? is that true... doesnt get much easier... millicent havent had best draw but u do have to play everyone twice

well isnt that the clubs fault for not getting more depth.... 4 of those players u mentioned for millicent barely played laste year or were mainly ressies players,,, and rehn has only missed one game. plus millicent did pick up a few handy players.....so the ins and outs are a bit more even than u may make it out too be......gascoyne and murray would be the most potent forward line in the league,,, but the three millicent games have been 4 goals, 4 goals, 7 goals......is it the players or coach?????? heard millicent have west at west this week???? is that true... doesnt get much easier... millicent havent had best draw but u do have to play everyone twice

Agreed..plus a strong backline and a ruck duo dominating the taps. A different side this year not gelling too well. Deans a good coach, honest, straight to the point and can be pretty hard...but I've never heard anyone complain. Tried to fire up gassy at 3/4 time grabbed him by the shirt and yelled at him..but he's fine. Dont know why much recruiting wasn't done..money perhaps? Hopefully they haven't shut the door on picking up 1 or 2 but will be pretty hard this part of the season. Cant tell you what happened at west

West definitely played great footy in the first quarter but Portland did an excellent job in shutting them down and stopping there run. There was nothing in the game and west sure had there chances. If it's correct 35 to 15 frees which wouldn't have surprised me I reckon the game would have went the other way. Marcus England is a gun only thing I could complain about is his kicking ability. Looked like Portland had pretty much there full side on the park besides winis, with west still a few out with injuries with the likes of Clinton Cowell, Croker, Sutherland and weaver who I think could be an x factor. East kicked an all mighty score, will have there heads up with a win like that though only against heywood. Wouldn't mind seeing there next game against a Portland or north.

Agreed..plus a strong backline and a ruck duo dominating the taps. A different side this year not gelling too well. Deans a good coach, honest, straight to the point and can be pretty hard...but I've never heard anyone complain. Tried to fire up gassy at 3/4 time grabbed him by the shirt and yelled at him..but he's fine. Dont know why much recruiting wasn't done..money perhaps? Hopefully they haven't shut the door on picking up 1 or 2 but will be pretty hard this part of the season. Cant tell you what happened at west
A ruck duo dominating the taps, for Millicent ? Have you watched them play? The ruckmen have been smashed in all 3 games. Brown from Portland killed Gascoyne and Haggett and Nolte did the same saturday. Millicent ruckmen have taken 1 mark between them in 3 games whilst on the ball? Much recruiting? Hickey, Fenney, Twaites how many recruits can ya get with 15 points?

Stiles also out for Portland. His pace will be good against West.
West definitely played great footy in the first quarter but Portland did an excellent job in shutting them down and stopping there run. There was nothing in the game and west sure had there chances. If it's correct 35 to 15 frees which wouldn't have surprised me I reckon the game would have went the other way. Marcus England is a gun only thing I could complain about is his kicking ability. Looked like Portland had pretty much there full side on the park besides winis, with west still a few out with injuries with the likes of Clinton Cowell, Croker, Sutherland and weaver who I think could be an x factor. East kicked an all mighty score, will have there heads up with a win like that though only against heywood. Wouldn't mind seeing there next game against a Portland or north.

well i dont know bidda boom. the 10 that they lost cant be too bad cos they are the difference from finishing a kick away from a premiership and having 3 early losses this season. im not sure where your from, maybe they arent big names to you because you dont follow them too closely. il admit that i dont know much about the 'big names' from most of the clubs that arent from mount gambier.

the 10 that i mentioned ALL played at least 12 games. interleague reps - tilley, weir, contin, ridley. hosking and rehn were guns last year. no doubt the ones that are left arent performing though. something isnt right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hosking wasnt a gun last year,,, and rehn has only missed one game,,, ud lost two with him in the side,,, so i can agree on the four u lost... but u also picked up a couple,,, well then u gotta look at ur recruiters for not replacing the HUGE number u lost.. im sure before round one started u wouldve been saying were better than last year,, the blokes from last year are fitter,, blah blah

hosking wasnt a gun last year,,, and rehn has only missed one game,,, ud lost two with him in the side,,, so i can agree on the four u lost... but u also picked up a couple,,, well then u gotta look at ur recruiters for not replacing the HUGE number u lost.. im sure before round one started u wouldve been saying were better than last year,, the blokes from last year are fitter,, blah blah
i dont play for them mate. ive played at east for the last 8 years. im just offering suggestions as to why they arent going so well. if u stopped and looked at the facts rather than trying to bag someone to be a hero over the net, the forum might work a bit better. sides go up and down mate, u asked why they werent going well. if u wanna just sit there and say u guys are no good cos u think i play there and u dont like them, well good on u

i dont play for them mate. ive played at east for the last 8 years. im just offering suggestions as to why they arent going so well. if u stopped and looked at the facts rather than trying to bag someone to be a hero over the net, the forum might work a bit better. sides go up and down mate, u asked why they werent going well. if u wanna just sit there and say u guys are no good cos u think i play there and u dont like them, well good on u

Youre an easty you say and played there the last 8 years, I'm suspicious!!!!!

Youre an easty you say and played there the last 8 years, I'm suspicious!!!!!
I think he is full of shit lying about his status on the big footy site is a big no no.I reckon he is a bloke who has played no senior footy at all and just gets on hear lying about his status.Get back in your car on the sidelines each sat with your thermos full of soup and stop giving us the shits End of story.

I think he is full of shit lying about his status on the big footy site is a big no no.I reckon he is a bloke who has played no senior footy at all and just gets on hear lying about his status.Get back in your car on the sidelines each sat with your thermos full of soup and stop giving us the shits End of story.

Well I played at the Doggies in 2002-2005 in the twos and with a username of rusty -- good chance he is a red head... the only red nut to have racked up 8 years service at the Dogs would be Teags..... am i a regular Sherlock Holmes or what? :D

Well I played at the Doggies in 2002-2005 in the twos and with a username of rusty -- good chance he is a red head... the only red nut to have racked up 8 years service at the Dogs would be Teags..... am i a regular Sherlock Holmes or what? :D

James Teagle you reckon, I doubted. I haven't seen him this year..has he given the game away.

James Teagle you reckon, I doubted. I haven't seen him this year..has he given the game away.
nope im not teags, he is happily spending his weekends on the farm at mount mcintyre and on the jet ski at lake leake. i see you took down your trivia question for me bulldogsbark. something about a team of the century? more rubbish from you snitzel, havent seen you or anyone else declare their name. oh and no im not a redhead. this isnt flipping guess who, its a western border forum if youve all forgotten

Fai
nope im not teags, he is happily spending his weekends on the farm at mount mcintyre and on the jet ski at lake leake. i see you took down your trivia question for me bulldogsbark. something about a team of the century? more rubbish from you snitzel, havent seen you or anyone else declare their name. oh and no im not a redhead. this isnt flipping guess who, its a western border forum if youve all forgotten

Fair enough!!!! Yeah the question was who was the ruckman listed in easts team of the century

well mr doubting tom. it was bazza slape. move on. is that you downsy?

Okay, so who are these players you suggest millicent bring back from glenelg. You also mention james weir isnt playing - is he injured I thought he was travelling back from adelaide to play

Okay, so who are these players you suggest millicent bring back from glenelg. You also mention james weir isnt playing - is he injured I thought he was travelling back from adelaide to play

awesome, so you believe me now. you can also let your mate snitzel know that i wasnt lieing. i think james is injured but was going to stay at glenelg. i dont really know too much about there situations but id say any one of ty allen, luke panozzo, michael bennett, matt duldig (sturt), pat contin (now richmond). heres a bit of trivia ben mules told me one day - at one stage there was 6 guys from the same school class from the millicent high school playing in the same sanfl game - mules, duldig, allen, panozzo, kaney bell, tom hateley. plus ryan gamble was 2 years below. thats a fair school footy side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back