Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

ieatsnitzels. If that is the same J Crocker I am thinking of then the Grant district council may as well clear every paddock from kongorong to the bay, cause that guy needs some serious room to avoid the hard stuff from what i've seen!!
i am let to believe jamie croker is only going to kongorong for one reason , that is to honour his father-inlaw ( a staunch kongorong person) that he would have one season down there before his retirement .

Brent Forsyths comments have not been received to well in hamilton....by either clubs. Its become a tired subject , regardless it wont happen.

I reckon it will happen, Imps needed to go ahead of Hamilton if they were both to survive. The review will most likely recommend something of this nature - bookmark it.

I reckon it will happen, Imps needed to go ahead of Hamilton if they were both to survive. The review will most likely recommend something of this nature - bookmark it.

Hamilton has a population of over 10,000 people which is more enough people to support 2 major league clubs - they both played off in a gf not long ago not to mention they have strong junior numbers. The problem being population in the outer areas has deteriated that much that these clubs are heavily relying on players from hamiton. Why suggest a merger when you can go after the root cause of the problem. Both hamilton teams will come out better off after the review and will survive well into the future. You can bookmark that!!!!!

Brent Forsyths comments have not been received to well in hamilton....by either clubs. Its become a tired subject , regardless it wont happen.

Fom what I could gather from the article a "Prediction" was made by someone who in no way can influence any decision made by the review panel. Must be a slow news day in Warrnambool if they want to consult the Mayan Calendar for predictions. Forsyth's biggest concern would be there was no photo accompanying the story.

Is it true that the WBFL CEO applied for the Hamden league CEO job? Writing on the wall maybe?

Finally, South Cairns newest recruit is one Nick Becker. How many games did he play for Hamilton last year?

Fom what I could gather from the article a "Prediction" was made by someone who in no way can influence any decision made by the review panel. Must be a slow news day in Warrnambool if they want to consult the Mayan Calendar for predictions. Forsyth's biggest concern would be there was no photo accompanying the story.

Is it true that the WBFL CEO applied for the Hamden league CEO job? Writing on the wall maybe?

Finally, South Cairns newest recruit is one Nick Becker. How many games did he play for Hamilton last year?

Haven't heard that...perhaps the stress was too much but you wouldn't think the hampden job would be any easier. Heard Soulsby was pretty keen to get out of there. Interestingly enough Heard has a fair bit of experience in Colac football....perhaps he had a plan. Regardless I dont think Colac will want anything to do with the hampden league again.
As far as the warrnambool standard goes they will print anything that degrades another league....they've even printed stuff that has been said on here. Will this make the papers?

Colac were basically forced out by the hampden league. It was their view that this would bring all the victorian wbfl clubs within travelling distance and with the review next year ( the 2002 review ) the vcfl would bring them over. They stuffed up!!! It didn't work and they've regretted it ever since.

nick becker played appox 1/2 season for hamilton before king hitting a 15 year old kid behind play , recieved a hefty suspension & was then released by hamilton (no longer required ). another one of russells MONEY chasers !

West Gambier barely beat Frances (border districts) in a trial game at west today. Word is west were a couple players from full strength while borders had eight out. Not a good sign for west???

West Gambier barely beat Frances (border districts) in a trial game at west today. Word is west were a couple players from full strength while borders had eight out. Not a good sign for west???

West won't get going till well into the first round. So if you have drawn them early you should get a win. Not knowing how East are going but I would still expect a big win for them first up. I know that 4 of the players missing on Saturday would be 4 out of the top 5 at West but they still seem under done.

Bit hard to analyze how sides are looking by trial games. West lost to pt mac in last years trial game yet the football quality was far superior in rd 1 against east than it was in the trial match. Be interesting to see who replaces holmes, davey and wilson in the middle. Could we see ryan moved into the centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West won't get going till well into the first round. So if you have drawn them early you should get a win. Not knowing how East are going but I would still expect a big win for them first up. I know that 4 of the players missing on Saturday would be 4 out of the top 5 at West but they still seem under done.
did hear west were without whenman ,ransom,ryan,carter & martin for that trial game . anyone hear how the naracoorte v north trial game went ?

Casterton got a touch up by Kyby on Friday night.

Going to be a long, long year for the cats unfortunately.

Went and watched Naracoorte v North saturday and North won the senior game by 10 goals. Beggs and Jones didn't play for Naracoorte and Perry and McConnell didn't play for North. Definately a different standard game to Friday night!

Casterton got a touch up by Kyby on Friday night.

Going to be a long, long year for the cats unfortunately.

Went and watched Naracoorte v North saturday and North won the senior game by 10 goals. Beggs and Jones didn't play for Naracoorte and Perry and McConnell didn't play for North. Definately a different standard game to Friday night!

Both castertons and coleraines numbers have dropped over the years and I think the vcfl will recommend a merger berween these clubs

What alternatives are there for Casterton? Mid South East?

I dont think the vcfl will want casterton in the mid se or south west district. How much damage is sandford inflicting on casterton? I think casterton will have to merge to survive at major league level and I dont mean with sandford.
I think we are looking at a very unbalanced competition this year.

I dont think the vcfl will want casterton in the mid se or south west district. How much damage is sandford inflicting on casterton? I think casterton will have to merge to survive at major league level and I dont mean with sandford.
I think we are looking at a very unbalanced competition this year.

Are you talking about the sandford that cant field a reserves side usually and players have to double up and the sandford that had a fair few come from the mse last season and still couldnt field a reserves side each week?
Yeah they must be inflicting all sorts of damage on casterton.

Sandford will pay anyone who can kick a footy and is prepared to travel out there. For the 2013 season and beyond Sandford will be recommendef by the vcfl to shut up shop.
And why suggest casterton join the mid se...will there even be a mid se in 2013?

Thought Coleraines numbers were going pretty well seeing they won so many flags in a row.

Casterton will be lucky to field a reserves side this year so how is it coleraine has more depth? I think the previous comments are correct...they will want these 2 clubs to merge if there is to be a major club operating in this area over the next 20 years.

Sandford will pay anyone who can kick a footy and is prepared to travel out there. For the 2013 season and beyond Sandford will be recommendef by the vcfl to shut up shop.
And why suggest casterton join the mid se...will there even be a mid se in 2013?
grimsey the mid se will be here for another 50 years or atleast until me and you are on the wrong side of the dirt.look at all these ex north players that could not get themselves up on the platform to get a medal around there neck on that last sat in december they are all chasing the coin in hope they can stand up there on the mid se platform.I even heard a wisper one of there most loved players has headed out to the land of mashed potato(glencoe) must be desperate for a kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back