Western Border Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfft:thumbsdown::p.....Definetly no truth in the saints chasing Weise, far from the truth and NO interest at all.
Obviously Jeffries burnt to many bridges with the portland board, on reading the hamilton spec the decision was made well before this suspension/deregulation was handed down.
It would be dissapointing if it was disgruntled north supporters that dobbed jeffries in, whilst he did push the boundries of fair play on numerous occasions on listening to him he came across as a very good coach.
One of his passing quotes on leaving the tigers were "If the Portland Footy Club wants to have a wall flower as a coach, well so be it."
Which brings me to my next thought, as much as clubs and identities within clubs want the perfect role model as a coach, it just does'nt work out that way all the time.
But whose to say the squeeky clean family man, father of four & happily married is going to turn out to be your clubs knight in shining armour.
As much as it's all about persona & private life it is also about playing and coaching ability and most importantly whats available.
whos in the front running for the coaching jobs at north and millicent?

Yeah well said Bigant
You get the feeling from the outside that it wasnt just North that complained about him.
It looks like the WB league had a hand to play in all this as well with Portland.
Just a question to everyone
Why does the WB league put all the suspensions handed down and stories etc on their website, but nothing has been put on the site about Jeffries from his suspension etc?
Doesn't add up if you ask me and it isnt a simple oversight.
While Portland may not have wanted a coach of his style, it looks like the WB doesnt want him in the league either, could they have made sure of this?
Anyway look out for the 2 Hamilton clubs next season.
They werent too far away this year and I have heard there could be some significant players going to both clubs.
Havent heard any names, but only time will tell.

Yeah the Vic Pies and Dogs are never down for long. I reckon Dawe was a lot of peoples first guess for East coach, it was the first name that sprung into my head anyway

Any news on whether players are coming from penshurst or glenthompson to go up a league or if any players have decided to go back to the mininera league? always seems to be a few players that swap and change@!

No news on a senior coach for the saints guess they are being a bit fussy but they have appointed a couple young guys for the under 18's and reserves, Meek, Little, and Varcoe
West Gambier are picking up sum very good players and more to come according to the local paper today,

West Gambier are picking up sum very good players and more to come according to the local paper today,
I wonder if the locals will be restless all these recruits westies are getting !?
Are West building a team for the future....or buying a premiership !? :thumbsu::D
While Millicent are yet to name a coach, whats happening over at Vansittart Park & casterton !? heard that the cats are chasing Camerano from Portland, is that as a player or as coach !?

I wonder if the locals will be restless all these recruits westies are getting !?
Are West building a team for the future....or buying a premiership !? :thumbsu::D
While Millicent are yet to name a coach, whats happening over at Vansittart Park & casterton !? heard that the cats are chasing Camerano from Portland, is that as a player or as coach !?
Heard that camerano staying in adelaide country area? and north a riverland person interested.

why would the west locals be restless, learning to win would be more exciting for the club and young players will learn quicker, i dont think they would be replacing the whole 21 senior players from last year, every other club recruits to, so does that mean all locals are restless? I DONT THINK SO. what has portland done the last 2 years? results speak for themselves

why would the west locals be restless, learning to win would be more exciting for the club and young players will learn quicker, i dont think they would be replacing the whole 21 senior players from last year, every other club recruits to, so does that mean all locals are restless? I DONT THINK SO. what has portland done the last 2 years? results speak for themselves

Portland are different to West though, west will need to pick up atleast a doz to be competitive little lone being a finals aspirant.
Portland may have bought back to back premierships the last two yrs but i think you will find that 3/4 of there premiership sides were locals with the likes of Camerano, Jeffries, Niemann, Squire being the imports.
The worst thing you can do is get offside with the locals, whilst they can be self centred, selfish and down right childish they have to forget all that and think of the club as a whole - SOME DO SOME DONT !!
As i said previously the roo's will need quiet few more than those above to be competitive with the likes of the imps,hamilton & casterton sides and not forgetting sides further up the ladder being Portland, North & East.
Yes all clubs recruit....some do it for a quick fix & no success the remainder do it for good list management which in turns brings sustained finals football.Look at the like of North & East the past 5-6 years whilst they've come up short in grand finals, they've continually made and played finals football and thats what it's all about.

Portland are different to West though, west will need to pick up atleast a doz to be competitive little lone being a finals aspirant.
Portland may have bought back to back premierships the last two yrs but i think you will find that 3/4 of there premiership sides were locals with the likes of Camerano, Jeffries, Niemann, Squire being the imports.
The worst thing you can do is get offside with the locals, whilst they can be self centred, selfish and down right childish they have to forget all that and think of the club as a whole - SOME DO SOME DONT !!
As i said previously the roo's will need quiet few more than those above to be competitive with the likes of the imps,hamilton & casterton sides and not forgetting sides further up the ladder being Portland, North & East.
Yes all clubs recruit....some do it for a quick fix & no success the remainder do it for good list management which in turns brings sustained finals football.Look at the like of North & East the past 5-6 years whilst they've come up short in grand finals, they've continually made and played finals football and thats what it's all about.
West have named two recruits and you quote the locals would be restless,have to wait and see on the other TEN (to make up the dozen you quoted) to be up near hamilton or( just be competitive) who finished 7th this year. good on em for trying to climb the ladder & recruit. All clubs RECRUIT with out upsetting the locals, or do they go with locals and sit on bottom for a long time. I wouldnt think so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West have named two recruits and you quote the locals would be restless,have to wait and see on the other TEN (to make up the dozen you quoted) to be up near hamilton or( just be competitive) who finished 7th this year. good on em for trying to climb the ladder & recruit. All clubs RECRUIT with out upsetting the locals, or do they go with locals and sit on bottom for a long time. I wouldnt think so

Well if you read yesterdays border watch Brown added there will be more signings next week, so there edging towards that dozen....:p:D of course all clubs have to recruit but some clubs do it for a instant success and others do it for sustained success over longer periods of time.
South did'nt have a problem being a team of the decade by going out and buying premierships,they did it with locals....yes/no !?

Well if you read yesterdays border watch Brown added there will be more signings next week, so there edging towards that dozen....:p:D of course all clubs have to recruit but some clubs do it for a instant success and others do it for sustained success over longer periods of time.
South did'nt have a problem being a team of the decade by going out and buying premierships,they did it with locals....yes/no !?
More signings next week or so could mean 1,or,2, more, that takes it to 3 or 4 in total,still no where near 12. Some clubs have better and more locals than others, so its a balance up situation for them. Good to see them having a go and changing the whole club around. Any word on cats,north,saints coaching moves yet, time is getting on.

Haven't been on for a while. Some spirited debate for this time of the year. West had to recruit just to survive. Dont want to end up like Coleraine did. Back in a minor league. Hopefully they have learnt from their previous experiment and build some longer term success. No wispers about the Portland job, but I am backing Winis Imbi.

Haven't been on for a while. Some spirited debate for this time of the year. West had to recruit just to survive. Dont want to end up like Coleraine did. Back in a minor league. Hopefully they have learnt from their previous experiment and build some longer term success. No wispers about the Portland job, but I am backing Winis Imbi.

You are clearly not an SA man or you would be backing in Matty Lappin for the top job with the Vic Tigers. The rumours surrounding Lapping and Portland over the last few weeks have been substantial, though the locals all deny it. Portland has proven it likes to recruit high profile players from higher leagues, and with good success, so there is llittle reason to believe they will change from this approach.

You are clearly not an SA man or you would be backing in Matty Lappin for the top job with the Vic Tigers. The rumours surrounding Lapping and Portland over the last few weeks have been substantial, though the locals all deny it. Portland has proven it likes to recruit high profile players from higher leagues, and with good success, so there is llittle reason to believe they will change from this approach.
Lappin has a coaching job at carlton next season. That counts him out

North Gambier's appointed their coach.
He's from outside the region.
Son of a former SANFL great.

Looking for a change in your football environment? Donvale Football Club, a proud and successful First Division Club, located in the very strong Eastern Football League is looking for players.

We offer fantastic facilities, employment opportunities as well as excellent remuneration for the right personnel.

Please contact Football Manager Peter Clarke on 0411 516 464 for further details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back