Analysis Western Bulldogs 2024 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodo / Mackie: If I'm giving up 2 for 6 + 11 I want a future second and a future fourth and I won't budge.

Any other list manager: Yep, sounds fair enough to me.

Gold Coast: Would you like our Pick 4 and a player to go with it?

But yes, I'm ok with that...

Essendon & GWS, literally my two most hated teams. This will be a powerful exercise in empathy.
"Essendon pass on Kako, instead taking Christian Howard with our first pick"

Number of picks expected for each team, according to Cal Twomey:

2 - Adelaide, Hawthorn
2-3 - Gold Coast
3 - Collingwood, Fremantle, Melbourne, North
3-4 - Brisbane, Geelong, Port, Sydney, West Coast
4 - Carlton, Essendon, GWS
4-5 - Western Bulldogs
4 or more - St Kilda
6-8 - Richmond (looking to trade 1-2 picks to 2025)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

suspense Archives - Reaction GIFs

Pick 1 - Richmond - Sam Lalor
GWV Rebels, 188cm Midfielder

He projects as a big, strong, goal kicking inside midfielder eventually, somewhere between Rayner and Petracca. But he’s also already a versatile forward half player that will impact in multiple ways in that part of the ground from day one, including defensively. With Dusty and Bolton out the door, there should be a spot for Lalor at half forward in the Tigers side from Rd 1 next year.

In my view, the upside on Lalor is higher than the others in the group of mids at the top of this draft. And he has the runs in the board this year.

IMG_3907.jpeg

Pick 2 - Bid for Levi Ashcroft (Lions F/S)

Munnez

Last edited:
You aren't mean enough TiAn_

With picks 1 and 2 you could have got the same player but made Munnez pay a higher price for Ashcroft. Just by reversing the order of your 1-2.

Nice guys finish last. That's why you and I are shitkickers and Trump is a billionaire.

Pick 1 - Sam Lalor

He projects as a big, strong, goal kicking inside midfielder eventually, somewhere between Rayner and Petracca. But he’s also already a versatile forward half player that will impact in multiple ways in that part of the ground from day one, including defensively. With Dusty and Bolton out the door, there should be a spot for Lalor at half forward in the Tigers side from Rd 1 next year.

In my view, the upside on Lalor is higher than the others in the group of mids at the top of this draft. And he has the runs in the board this year.

View attachment 2151149

Munnez

For the record: Brisbane will need to use picks 27, 34, 42, 43 with 4.4 points left over

You aren't mean enough TiAn_

With picks 1 and 2 you could have got the same player but made Munnez pay a higher price for Ashcroft. Just by reversing the order of your 1-2.

Nice guys finish last. That's why you and I are shitkickers and Trump is a billionaire.

Haha I considered it, but the Tigs are selling bulk hopium to supporters based on this draft and I think they’ll value touting the player taken #1 over making the Lions pay full price.

Will leave things in an interesting position for Marshall.
They've got 756.4 points total remaining to use, which is enough to match pick 25. And that should improve with the Kako bid. They're probably fine, and can just go into a small deficit next year if not.

Pick 1 - Sam Lalor

View attachment 2151149

Munnez

Match

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Western Bulldogs 2024 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back