Analysis Western Bulldogs 2024 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoges64 you up for a trade? Essendon's 48 + 57 for Geelong's 41?
Oh, I didn't realise I landed Geelong also....

Give me a bit, I'll have to see what Geelong needs.

(I'm tempted to take the trade and pick Billy Gowers and Lachie Hunter, but I'm scared they'd actually find a way to fix the pricks and make them good again)...

Pick 27 - Richmond - Matt Whitlock
Murray Bushrangers, 199cm Key Forward/Defender

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Joins his brother at Punt Road. Has excelled at both ends of the ground, so it’s unclear where he ends up playing. In this case, the Tigers would be hoping he kicks on as a KPD/intercepting defender, which he showed some promise in early this season, but certainly wouldn’t be disappointed if he and brother Jack end up as linchpins up forward. Not quite the contested mark of his brother, but he’s still good overhead and has plenty of run and agility for a key position player.

IMG_3993.jpeg

Hoges64 you up for a trade? Essendon's 48 + 57 for Geelong's 41?
Oh, I didn't realise I landed Geelong also....

Give me a bit, I'll have to see what Geelong needs.

(I'm tempted to take the trade and pick Billy Gowers and Lachie Hunter, but I'm scared they'd actually find a way to fix the pricks and make them good again)...
I could be wrong, but you best check this mate, I don't think Geelong have 41?

Or has there 45 come in 4 spots with bid matching?

Pick 28 - Richmond - Tom Gross
Oakleigh Chargers, 181cm Midfielder/Forward

The Tigers could use a tough utility to replace the outgoing Liam Baker & Jack Graham, and Gross has the hardness, speed and versatility to fill a few roles at AFL level. Cal Twomey compared him to Rory Sloane last year. There may be sexier picks at this point, but I think Gross has the tools to make the grade as a quality role player, if not a level above.

IMG_3994.jpeg

weltschmerz

There were three players still on my list for this pick, Angus Clarke, Hamish Davis, and Cooper Hynes. I've chosen the one who seems to be a consensus somewhat higher ranking than the other two, and who has I believe the most potential to be a full-time midfielder after picking a forward with our first.

Pick 29: Western Bulldogs select Cooper Hynes

1730116466820.png

Hynes brings strength, composure, size, clean hands, and ball-winning ability to the Dogs' midfield or forward line, and is too good to pass on at this pick.

There were three players still on my list for this pick, Angus Clarke, Hamish Davis, and Cooper Hynes. I've chosen the one who seems to be a consensus somewhat higher ranking than the other two, and who has I believe the most potential to be a full-time midfielder after picking a forward with our first.

View attachment 2153348

Hynes brings strength, composure, size, clean hands, and ball-winning ability to the Dogs' midfield or forward line, and is too good to pass on at this pick.
Well there, you got your revenge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2153348

It was Gross or Clarke for me at #28. I really like Clarke after watching a few videos. Would have happily traded that pick back, as I think you can throw a blanket over a few in that range. Hynes I thought just had too much overlap with Lalor, otherwise worth a pick around here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Western Bulldogs 2024 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back