Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - now voting on interchange!

Which four players make up the interchange of our "best 22?"

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They both should play as IMO they are our best two pure forwards.
This should be our first priority - then you lock in our best ruck.

No point playing roughhead/boyd 50-50 - it results in playing a fwd 100% of the time thats not in our best two fwds.
Very possible with Trengove, who could follow the oppo second ruck. Lots of options.

AFLTRDON had our best 22 as:

Morris - Adams - Wood

JJ - Trengove - Suckling

Macrae - Bont - Caleb

Dahlhaus - Boyd - Wallis

Dickson - Redpath - Picken

Roughy - Lib - Hunter

Cordy - McLean - Dale - Dunks

Pretty hard to argue with that really

AFLTRDON had our best 22 as:

Morris - Adams - Wood

JJ - Trengove - Suckling

Macrae - Bont - Caleb

Dahlhaus - Boyd - Wallis

Dickson - Redpath - Picken

Roughy - Lib - Hunter

Cordy - McLean - Dale - Dunks

Pretty hard to argue with that really
Underrating of Biggs is criminal by the wider AFL world.

So are we voting on players who would be good interchange players or players who have the potential to be good interchange players?
Pray tell what is the difference ? Surely all this is just your
opinion of what our direction should be in 2018 and what
areas we should look to bolster. Tom Boyd got the top
votes as a forward yet our head coach sees him as a ruck
rather than a forward and even said so hence i did not
vote for him as a forward is this wrong or just an opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schache with three times the votes of Redpath. Save for a couple of jumper punches, red would have won our goal kicking. I like the Schache acquisition. Lots of upside. But he couldn't get a game with Brisbane last year. We haven't had news of him tearing the house down either, on the field at least.

Interested to hear from the schache voters.
I voted for Schache over Redpath because I believe Redders is only depth at best

Last edited:
A guy that couldn’t get a games with the wooden spooners getting a lot of votes.

I’d suggest people think we are not making the 8 by inclusion Schache then

Interchange:

Caleb, Cordy and Wallis I think are all locks. Then one of:

Clay: Finals hero. His best is very good. Can kick bags as a forward and can run through the midfield. Eager to see how he goes with a full preseason.

Dunkey: Lots of potential. Hopefully keeps improving.

Redpath: Handy depth.

Jong: Handy depth.

Suckling: Torp God.

Youngy: Crazy potential.

At this point it's a toss up between Clay and Dunks for me.

Interchange:

Clay: Finals hero. His best is very good. Can kick bags as a forward and can run through the midfield. Eager to see how he goes with a full preseason.

If we're picking best 22 then I reckon you're right. But looking at the players who have already been selected then I reckon we're tall enough already. For team balance, Cordy misses for mine. Wood and Morris can play tall back. Adams and Trengove can go forward if needed. Trengove can play ruck. This means Red misses also. So...

Caleb. Lock. Then...
Two of Wallis, Dunkley, Smith. (Mid forward).
One of Suckling, Crozier, Williams. (HBF).

On most recent form I'd take Wallis, Dunkley, Suckling. But suspect this may change by season's end.

A guy that couldn’t get a games with the wooden spooners getting a lot of votes.

I’d suggest people think we are not making the 8 by inclusion Schache then
Couldn’t get a game? Or couldn’t be bothered putting in the effort to get a game?

That doesn’t say a lot about Schache’s professionalism in his second season up north but I’d say there’s an element of truth to it.

I’ve got Schache over Redpath. Tom Boyd can help in ruck and Redpath can’t. So Tom Boyd is my ruck/fwd. I’d guess that match committee will likely see that the same way.

IMO, we become too immobile with Redpath and Boyd in the same forward line which is why I’ve gone with Schache.

I’m really keen to see how he goes. His major hurdle in Brisbane was being away from family. Now that hurdle has been removed as much as possible whilst still playing AFL, I’m keen to see what he can offer now.

Interchange:

one of my favourite youtubers to line up for my favourite sporting club?

I know it doesn't appeal to a lot of people here but I would really love to see the Cordster at FF in 2018.

We know he has improved at lot over 2016, I think he would really add something to the forward line. If we are going to have Boyd/Roughead and the Shack Attack in the forward line, the third tall has to be very mobile. Ladies and Gentlemens, I present you with the Cordster. He is stronger now in 1-on-1 marking contests, he has an excellent ground level game for a 193cm player, he is great defensively and...he has the knack of really getting up the noses of the defenders and it doesn't seem to bother him. I love the way he acts as if he has no idea why they are pushing and shoving him - makes them froth at the mouth and forget all their instructions.

Cordster for FF. He can get 20-25 goals in the season in addition to all the other things he offers for the forward line.

Last edited:
Not many billy G fans, only 2 votes so far. Was he picked on potential in the coming years or to hopefully fill a hole that was made this off season by a few departing players? I hope he gets an early crack at holding a spot in our forward line. Seems like he has good skills, strong hands and has a bit of mongrel in him too.

Not many billy G fans, only 2 votes so far. Was he picked on potential in the coming years or to hopefully fill a hole that was made this off season by a few departing players? I hope he gets an early crack at holding a spot in our forward line. Seems like he has good skills, strong hands and has a bit of mongrel in him too.
Think he was picked to fill a role if injuries hit.

It would be an epic result for Billy to get a game round 1. More realistically we can hope for improvement at VFL level and maybe a senior game in the second half of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - now voting on interchange!

Back