shuveradda

Team Captain
Feb 14, 2004
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
hi all, i have been an avid watcher of the western jets this year and have watched 5 of their games so far this year. watching them i get a sense that they are more of a champion team atm, than a team of champions. Which you could say is good for their lader position but not from an AFL drafting standpoint.

Is it the western jets recruitment of the "wrong" type in some aspects or is it the level of talent in the western suburbs?

also if possible, I would like to know what some of the posters here have to say about the Jets 5 best players to help me gauge some of their draft prospects?

thankyou:)

hi all, i have been an avid watcher of the western jets this year and have watched 5 of their games so far this year. watching them i get a sense that they are more of a champion team atm, than a team of champions. Which you could say is good for their lader position but not from an AFL drafting standpoint.

Is it the western jets recruitment of the "wrong" type in some aspects or is it the level of talent in the western suburbs?

also if possible, I would like to know what some of the posters here have to say about the Jets 5 best players to help me gauge some of their draft prospects?

thankyou:)
Mitchell banner
Matthew Notman

Mitchell banner
Matthew Notman

Banner - well i'd hate to be labelled a hipocrite after saying i thought Stockdale was too small, but you simply could not look past this bloke surely. His stats back it up, and he has barely kicked out this year!

Notman - certainly has all the athletic attributes and is a good solid footballer as well. Good skills and doesnt get beaten often. Can see him being picked up, maybe even as a rookie

Others too consider that havent been mentioned:
Lunardi - finds the ball, in and under, tough
Robbins - good skills, good aerially for his height, flashy
Sherlock - qqqqqqqquick
Kennedy - has plenty of tricks and applies good foward pressure which is loved these days
Schroder - as tough as they come. penetrating left foot and smart

watching them i get a sense that they are more of a champion team atm, than a team of champions. Which you could say is good for their lader position but not from an AFL drafting standpoint.

I reckon thats a fair comment about them being a champion team rather than a team of champions, but there's nothing wrong with their recruitment this year in my opinion. There are many worse lists in the competition that contain players of absolutely no draftability whatsoever.

The Jets may not be stockpiled with stars, but they've got an even lot where some may appeal to certain clubs come draft time.

And besides, its just good to see them actually having some success - they and their region need it and the competition needs it too.

Ive seen Post play a few times over the past cupl of years.
Wont make it, rather soft and doesnt seem to have the hunger or competitve edge to mix it with the best. why was he granted a un.19 position?

Banner - well i'd hate to be labelled a hipocrite after saying i thought Stockdale was too small, but you simply could not look past this bloke surely. His stats back it up, and he has barely kicked out this year!

Notman - certainly has all the athletic attributes and is a good solid footballer as well. Good skills and doesnt get beaten often. Can see him being picked up, maybe even as a rookie

Others too consider that havent been mentioned:
Lunardi - finds the ball, in and under, tough
Sherlock - qqqqqqqquick
Kennedy - has plenty of tricks and applies good foward pressure which is loved these days

interesting list this one,
few years ago some of these boys were rated better then callan ward
so who knows
how many of these guts would you like at the bulldogs ford-dealer

interesting list this one,
few years ago some of these boys were rated better then callan ward
so who knows
how many of these guts would you like at the bulldogs ford-dealer

I'd love to see all of them running around in an AFL jumper. Probably couldnt really put one in front of the other to be honest, i rate them all just as much as each other. Cal being there is good enough

Jayden Post would be a chance with a late pick he barracks for the Bulldogs and i think that would be the kind of club the would take him Tall Athletic play both ends did a job on Kruzer last year

Jayden Post would be a chance with a late pick he barracks for the Bulldogs and i think that would be the kind of club the would take him Tall Athletic play both ends did a job on Kruzer last year
Surely not skinny enough for the Doggies! Gotta be a tall matchstick like Everitt, Boumann and Grant to go there :D

I think I've mentioned him more than enough on here previously but you're right doing he's done some good stuff at both ends so far this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played cricket in a rep comp with both these guys a few years ago. Never saw them play footy but i would've guessed they would be the atributes of each. Especially Schroder being tough.

Surely not skinny enough for the Doggies! Gotta be a tall matchstick like Everitt, Boumann and Grant to go there :D

I think I've mentioned him more than enough on here previously but you're right doing he's done some good stuff at both ends so far this year.

Might want to add, 'and from the Dandenong Stingrays'

dont see many people agreeing with u there.
works hard and takes lots of defensive 50 marks

Post, soft ... not a word i would associate with him. His very talented and would love to have him down at collingwood! There are a number of kids that are on the Jets list that could be drafted, Banner and Notman are up there, I would really like to see sherlock get picked up as well.

Plays his position as well as anyone else. But he isnt elgible this year. He and Fitzpatrick should feature next year

He is also the 800metre National Champion im lead to believe, can anyone confirm this?[/quote]
yeah sure can, Regining 800m national champ and also was apart of the 4x400 nationals champion team for vic, he's also run at national level for cross country and has placed top 10's in that so he has a massive engine and will go well in next years draft

I believe he is available for draft this year. Jan of Feb birthdate?

You guys aren't too resourceful. Jumped on Jets website and can tell you Rayner dob = 25/3/91; Fitzpatrick = 26/6/91. Jake Carr another to consider - very stiff not to make U16 VM - like Rayner he is also national champ for his age/division (in boxing). his dob = 20/1/91. One other bottom ager to watch for who has had an injury but should be back soon is joe Halloran. His dob = 22/1/91. So apart for Fitzpatrick these boys are eligible for draft this year.

Ive seen Post play a few times over the past cupl of years.
Wont make it, rather soft and doesnt seem to have the hunger or competitve edge to mix it with the best. why was he granted a un.19 position?

are you serious!?? haven't you been noticing that he has been in the best for probably 80% of the games. i believe he will be drafted, hopefully to sydney ;)

You guys aren't too resourceful. Jumped on Jets website and can tell you Rayner dob = 25/3/91; Fitzpatrick = 26/6/91. Jake Carr another to consider - very stiff not to make U16 VM - like Rayner he is also national champ for his age/division (in boxing). his dob = 20/1/91. One other bottom ager to watch for who has had an injury but should be back soon is joe Halloran. His dob = 22/1/91. So apart for Fitzpatrick these boys are eligible for draft this year.

Absolute gun, should make it. he is in year 12 this year so he will have next year to concentrate on footy which will help his chances of getting drafted

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Jets possible draftees?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back