Western Region FL - Division One - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where are clubs like albion and colts at with their coaching applications.. they must be getting ready to appoint someone soon. Is manton still fairing for the Albion job or are there other propects

No Coah as yet, hewat gone, bloomfield gone, more to come, some players still not paid, and no $$$ from a premiership year, looks like Cooper is going to have to throw more $$ in to stay a finalist.

No Coah as yet, hewat gone, bloomfield gone, more to come, some players still not paid, and no $$$ from a premiership year, looks like Cooper is going to have to throw more $$ in to stay a finalist.

I understand that Manton will be named as coach.. can anyone from albion confirm. Also very interestign what you say about the money side, cause there are certain high ranking officals getting round saying that they have finished $40K in the black, so if they are not paying players with that much in the kitty.. i would be asking some serious questions.

Where is bloomfield going?? heard hewat going to QLD..any other clubs got aything to announce??
Altona have been quiet

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Don't worry about a coach at Albion. They will have an A grade coach.

Hewat was always going at the end of this year. He is moving to the Gold Coast. Bloomfield will hopefully be going to a higher league. They have lots depth from the u18s. Plus Jason B should be back. Terry will be working on any gaps but I can't see many.

As for payments everyone has been paid.

So where are clubs like albion and colts at with their coaching applications.. they must be getting ready to appoint someone soon. Is manton still fairing for the Albion job or are there other propects
Nothing coming out of Colts when Rock is not posting but i believe Coach was reappointed some weeks ago as Bloods alluded to on here that would be the case,no player departures and plenty of recruiting being done.Good mail out of the Clare this arvo from one of the regular barflys was the signing of 4 or 5 A grade recruits from other comps already including a Premiership CHF from St Kilda City.With a great operator in Kevin Breen running the show down there the club was always going to be proactive in getting themselves back on track.Maybe Rock can give us some updates on both Colts and Sunshine as he is great mates with both coaches :thumbsu:

Hewat was always going at the end of this year. He is moving to the Gold Coast. Bloomfield will hopefully be going to a higher league. They have lots depth from the u18s. Plus Jason B should be back. Terry will be working on any gaps but I can't see many.

Rumor has it that Bloomfield could be doing a preseason at a higher league club that has lost 3 Grand Finals in 2 years. Not sure about the reliability of the source but if true....good on him, hope it goes well.

Rumor has it that Bloomfield could be doing a preseason at a higher league club that has lost 3 Grand Finals in 2 years. Not sure about the reliability of the source but if true....good on him, hope it goes well.

Highly unlikely ud think but gee good luck to him if he can get him self looked at, as we all know the mature aged rookies are the latest fashion in AFL.

Donny was aparantle in talks wit windhemvale as he was last year with there old coach organizing him a lookin at afl like he done for majik daw and 2 others this year. Wuld be worth askin evo if true? Also evo is rumor true dat u got a marby park ff that said he retire after GF? He was seen at pub wit evo last week, Jon angel?

I don't know where you get your information from LISTENUP and who you think I am or even what you think I look like for that matter but I would say your last post is crap and probably should have been on the div2 thread for starters but I will quash your rumours now.
Yes my club have spoken to Bloomfield as we did last year, but I have also spoken to about 60 blokes in terms of recruiting for 2011 but this is no different to any club at this time of year. Sheydon is a great player and an even better person and I would love to claim that I have helped him get to an afl pre season (if true) but that is not the case I have over the last few years put his name to several VFL clubs and recruiters through family connections but as far as I'm aware nothing has come from any of that. I wish Sheydon all the best with his Footy no matter where he plays. And I certainly did not have much at all to do with Majak gettin rookie listed his own talent and hard work got him there and also the help of his good mate Joey Halloran all I can claim is I drove him to some afl training sessions when he didn't have a lisence and that must be the reason he got drafted hey.... My 89 triton ute haha
Now on Choc or Johny angel... He is a friend of mine but I certainly was not at any pub with him over the last few weeks and although Footy has come up in our conversations i would doubt he would be at my great club next year.
We are pretty happy with what we have in the bag at wyndhamvale for next year already and if you are that interested buddy please PM me and I would be happy to discuss.
Just quickly too guys I think mitch is and will do a great job at hoppers and his Footy connections travel pretty vast so I would imagine he would field a pretty strong team next year from what I hear.
That is all sorry for venting this on div1 thread but idiots need to be shot down , hopefully I will be regular poster on here in a few years haha.... Gee can't wait for Footy again

Donny was aparantle in talks wit windhemvale as he was last year with there old coach organizing him a lookin at afl like he done for majik daw and 2 others this year. Wuld be worth askin evo if true? Also evo is rumor true dat u got a marby park ff that said he retire after GF? He was seen at pub wit evo last week, Jon angel?

Heard Craig Davenport (played at Albion) has something to do with the interest from St Kilda. He is in some development role apparently? If not expect Bloomfield to be playing closer to home in the Werribee area:thumbsu:

Expect some big announcements from a couple of clubs in next two weeks. Sunshine, Albion and Spotty departures to become clear.

GB50 - For the sake of Big Footy will you and weapons get a room:D

Heard Craig Davenport (played at Albion) has something to do with the interest from St Kilda. He is in some development role apparently? If not expect Bloomfield to be playing closer to home in the Werribee area:thumbsu:

Expect some big announcements from a couple of clubs in next two weeks. Sunshine, Albion and Spotty departures to become clear.

GB50 - For the sake of Big Footy will you and weapons get a room:D

If you have some info why not just post it?

and i'll leave that last comment alone!!!

Pretty close to a decision at Albion from what I know and Manton wont be the coach. Rumours of non payment to players also seem to be untrue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylors Lakes Football Club, newly promoted to EDFL A Grade, looking for the following for season 2011.
Playing Assistant Coach.
Reserves Coach.
U'18'S coach.
Key position players.
Great family club, new facilities, ground being resurfaced,financially viable
will pay good money to right people, if interested ring Troy 0433059052.

Wouldn't make WRFL finals so you blokes would have to pick up 10 good players to be competitive in EDFL A grade. Key position players?? Beggers can't be choosers, I'd think and being a newly established A grade club ud take anyone who can get a kick.

Good club I've been told and decent fascilities but I wouldn't think many would wanna go to a place and get smoked every week!

Good luck for 2011

Nothing coming out of Colts when Rock is not posting but i believe Coach was reappointed some weeks ago as Bloods alluded to on here that would be the case,no player departures and plenty of recruiting being done.Good mail out of the Clare this arvo from one of the regular barflys was the signing of 4 or 5 A grade recruits from other comps already including a Premiership CHF from St Kilda City.With a great operator in Kevin Breen running the show down there the club was always going to be proactive in getting themselves back on track.Maybe Rock can give us some updates on both Colts and Sunshine as he is great mates with both coaches :thumbsu:

I doubt we will be hearing from the Rock for awhile, enforced holiday i believe.

Colts improving, hoppers will be 50% better, also looks as though sunshine will be very strong. The saints are throwing some coin around and hopefully spotty and albion stay strong so should be a very exciting 2011.

I doubt we will be hearing from the Rock for awhile, enforced holiday i believe.

Colts improving, hoppers will be 50% better, also looks as though sunshine will be very strong. The saints are throwing some coin around and hopefully spotty and albion stay strong so should be a very exciting 2011.

Big call. Any reason in particular why you would think that?

Big call. Any reason in particular why you would think that?

There will be natural improvement from the younger players who were playing some senior footy last year, couple that with some handy pick ups and the footy club i'm positive will push top3. Mitch has a pretty large network to try and nab a few.

GBF50 how are Sunny Heights fairing with recruiting? Obviously with Jenno ud be a lock to win a fair few more games!

There will be natural improvement from the younger players who were playing some senior footy last year, couple that with some handy pick ups and the footy club i'm positive will push top3. Mitch has a pretty large network to try and nab a few.

GBF50 how are Sunny Heights fairing with recruiting? Obviously with Jenno ud be a lock to win a fair few more games!

I was just working the numbers and using just wins Hoppers won 10 this season so a 50% improvemnt would give them 15 wins for the year. That would be a fair year.

I wouldnt say that we are a lock for any number of wins. Looks like it will be a tight comp next season. Having a recognised ruckmen will improve us and we have also recruited 3 players that will be able to hold down key back positions. They were our main needs so once they were locked in the focus has been getting some more good young kids which we have also done. Also we have not lost any players which is a bonus.

We aim to be in the hunt to play finals by the half way mark of the season and then see what happens from there.

Interesting that Albion have not mentioned the reserves coach. (back to back flags) You would assume warrants strong consideration?

GB50 - I will post when the time is right, but as I am associated with the kangas, despite the many rumors there are a number of them false, but some factoral info has not been posted yet.

Once posted I expect BF to go into over-drive:thumbsu:

Good get with three tall defenders, but IMO you need some forwards? Krainski & Staffieri gave you nothing last season (I've said they were reasonable divvy 2 players) and obviously Greto looked injured.

Also on a sad note the Sunshine Kanga lost a loyal servant of the club in Lynette Armstrong passed away in her sleep last night, Lynette had been the A grade time keeper for over 10 years and was very passionate about her job. Deepest sympathy to all lynettes family, she will be sadly missed.

Interesting that Albion have not mentioned the reserves coach. (back to back flags) You would assume warrants strong consideration?

GB50 - I will post when the time is right, but as I am associated with the kangas, despite the many rumors there are a number of them false, but some factoral info has not been posted yet.

Once posted I expect BF to go into over-drive:thumbsu:

Good get with three tall defenders, but IMO you need some forwards? Krainski & Staffieri gave you nothing last season (I've said they were reasonable divvy 2 players) and obviously Greto looked injured.

I speak to alot of people and I doubt that any name you post on here that Sunshine has recruited would suprise me;)

Would have thought that we may have got some news from the Albion camp today :confused:

Frank played 6 games this season. 2 of them he was injured in the first few minutes. He is fit at the moment and if he stays fit will have an impact next season.

We have a few options to kick goals but were really limited with Defenders so that was the priority. Would be good to just recruit everything you need but MOST clubs have a limited budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back