Western Region FL - Division One - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the rule.....

7.1 Eligibility of Seniors Players in Finals Games
(a) To be eligible for Senior grade finals games, players must play a minimum of six (6) home and away games with that club. Any player who has played half the home and away games plus one (1) game during the season with teams in a higher grade, may not play in a finals game, in a lower grade, players who play in two (2) or more games in the same weekend can only count the game played in the higher grade as qualifying for finals.

To make it easier for you.... 18 rounds divided by 2 (half) = 9 plus 1 = 10 games.

Seriously, why would you make such a statement to a young bloke without knowing the facts?
What statement did I make peanut? I mearly suggested he have a look to make sure hes ok? Now get off the keyboard, listen to your teacher and maybe just maybe learn to read.:thumbsu:

All Clubs have been issued with copy of Strategic Plan today - interesting the League is recommending 3 Divisions from 2011 with 8 teams in 1st & 2nd Division and balance in 3rd Division - assumption being Caroline Springs and a couple of existing teams in other Leagues coming in........................

All Clubs have been issued with copy of Strategic Plan today - interesting the League is recommending 3 Divisions from 2011 with 8 teams in 1st & 2nd Division and balance in 3rd Division - assumption being Caroline Springs and a couple of existing teams in other Leagues coming in........................

Caroline Springs confirmed last night Gary Turner as Senior Coach for season 2011.

Any ideas on how draw will work - with 2 less teams, thats 4 games down. Based on the ladder at the end of this season will the top five play each other 3 times, and the bottom five play each other 3 times to make up?, or will the season be shortened. If the later then for most clubs missing 2 home games that would see at least 10K wiped off in revenue. If the first suggestion is correct then based on predicted finish Hoppers & Colts could play finals next year by default.

How can it be made fair for all.

I would suggest it doesn't matter how much money Hoppers throw around they have more issues other than that. It appears that the 18's coach is dictating terms down there by telling HIS players that if they his group they are not welcome back into HIS team. NOw the flow on effect is that the seconds when short have to grab players from the 18'b side because of the 18'a coach position. This causes disharmoney at the bottom and also restricts player development through the club due to the selfish actions of a few. What is more important at Hoppers? Senior development or winning 18'a flags? I know for a fact that all other clubs are blooding the kids yet Hoppers have taken a backward step? So who is running the show? Ezard or O'keefe? Hoppers would have to look at their own internal structures rather than throw coin all over the place.:thumbsu:

Whats wrong with the 18A kids wanting to play with there age group in there last year of junior footy

I doubt OKeefe would stop any 18A player from wnating to play Seniors it might look that way because i think if the 18A kids didnt wnat to play he would go into bat for them saying they dont wnat to play not many young kids would stand up for themself and say no i wnat stay in the 18s

Be careful what you say to the young fella Tige19, his old man was one of the better one's going around in many years:eek:.

on another note, I did hear you have been snagging some goals of late 9 or 10 in a couple of games, is this true?.

His old man would tell him the same thing.

Haha I kicked a few but to be honest we have some pretty good mids and most weeks we are quite a few levels above the opposition. A few tough games coming up though, will no doubt see your face up shepp way for a match over the finals.

The 3 divisions sounds interesting, one thing it would is even up the league and provide for a higher standard across the board in the premier division. If I was the league I'd be bending over backwards to get the 2 Melton clubs into the comp, that would ensure a very strong division 1 and geographically makes sense for the Melton clubs.

2011 div 1:
Spotswood
Hoppers crossing
port colts
sunshine
Albion
St. Albans
altona
Melton
Melton sth
sunshine heights

adding the 2 melton sides lifts the leagues general status and standard quite alot, that would then ensure we have a good div 2 with clubs like parkside, deer park, glenorden and nth footscray competing for promotion.

Mmmm Interesting that you played 9 games in the seniors. Best you have a look because you may have just about knocked yourself out of playing 18's finals due to playing too many games at the higher level???:thumbsu:
the reason i played 9 was to purely be eligible for finals, this was checked long before i played my 9th.. otherwise id still be playing seniors.

Agree with your post mate and your spot on with Phil, he gave me my 1st senior game yrs ago at Sunbury and I was still pretty green and 16, he is defintly one to give young kids the experience of open age footy.

On another note, don't bring that rubbish txt bullshit into the forum, you sound like a 14 yr old.
I'm Sorry buddy, didn't realise this forum required such high etiquete and literary perfection :D

what is everybody's finals tips?

seniors
week 1
spotswood - week off

albion v sunshine - Albion by 45
albion starting to look like the second best side now after the early season dramas, young fit side will be too good for sunshine who are getting a few late injuries

altona v stalbans - altona by 12
Both sides looking flat lately a few injuries to altona over the past 3-4 weeks and a bad patch now hopefully over the boys will get up

week 2
spotswood v albion - spotswood by 36 points
easily the best side in the wrfl in the past 5 years and straight into the granny no matter who they play

sunshine v altona - altona by 1 point
will be a close game and low scoring game coming down to the last 10 minutes

week 3
albion v altona - altona by 9
theory - shut bloomfield down means albion are shutdown both encounters during the season albion won by under 6 goals, first time he kicked 11 of about 16 goals and second time 4 or 5 (injuries as well didn't help)

week 4 grand final 2010

spotswood v altona

it would be nice to see someone else win the grand final but spotswood will win by 80+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive game this week at port colts in the 2s, sean' mudguts' weir is playing his 300th which is a huge effort. Congratulations weir, no doubt he will be looking for blokes to shout drinks to him after the game.

what is everybody's finals tips?

seniors
week 1
spotswood - week off

albion v sunshine - Albion by 45
albion starting to look like the second best side now after the early season dramas, young fit side will be too good for sunshine who are getting a few late injuries

altona v stalbans - altona by 12
Both sides looking flat lately a few injuries to altona over the past 3-4 weeks and a bad patch now hopefully over the boys will get up

week 2
spotswood v albion - spotswood by 36 points
easily the best side in the wrfl in the past 5 years and straight into the granny no matter who they play

sunshine v altona - altona by 1 point
will be a close game and low scoring game coming down to the last 10 minutes

week 3
albion v altona - altona by 9
theory - shut bloomfield down means albion are shutdown both encounters during the season albion won by under 6 goals, first time he kicked 11 of about 16 goals and second time 4 or 5 (injuries as well didn't help)

week 4 grand final 2010

spotswood v altona

it would be nice to see someone else win the grand final but spotswood will win by 80+

You are kidding yourself if you think Altona are going to make the grand final. They have probably over achieved this year. A very good young side but not grand final material yet. We will see how the go in finals, its a different ball game. They have done a fantastic job but they will be taken more seriously if they can win a final then perhaps make it next year. Its funny how after being belted last week we havent heard from any Altona people on here.

It will be an Albion vs Spotty grand final. Both teams in great form and should produce a great game. Hopefully

Big game for the Warriors this week DANNY OCEAN, how was training tuesday night? Many senior and reserve players on the track?

Big game for the Warriors this week DANNY OCEAN, how was training tuesday night? Many senior and reserve players on the track?

It is a big game, if things fall our way we can still make finals, all be it extremely optimistic.

Tuesday night was a light session in the pool to freshen up some tired bodies, thanks for asking.

You are kidding yourself if you think Altona are going to make the grand final. They have probably over achieved this year. A very good young side but not grand final material yet. We will see how the go in finals, its a different ball game. They have done a fantastic job but they will be taken more seriously if they can win a final then perhaps make it next year. Its funny how after being belted last week we havent heard from any Altona people on here.

It will be an Albion vs Spotty grand final. Both teams in great form and should produce a great game. Hopefully

Good on Altona - building a club the way it's supposed to be done.

Will be good to see Albion make the grand final. Things have improved greatly since the brothers from Greenvale left. It appears to me they were being played on the ball to justify their decent sized match payments when there were better options not quite on as much. The side now has the right people in the right positions and are playing strong consistant football. If Bloomfield was in Spotswoods side he would have 150 by now.

Going to be near on impossible to beat Spotswood but football is a funny game, a few injuries, not using a strong wind, kicking poorly for goal and anything can happen.

Good on Altona - building a club the way it's supposed to be done.

Will be good to see Albion make the grand final. Things have improved greatly since the brothers from Greenvale left. It appears to me they were being played on the ball to justify their decent sized match payments when there were better options not quite on as much. The side now has the right people in the right positions and are playing strong consistant football. If Bloomfield was in Spotswoods side he would have 150 by now.

Going to be near on impossible to beat Spotswood but football is a funny game, a few injuries, not using a strong wind, kicking poorly for goal and anything can happen.

ha ha if bloomfield was in spotty's side hed be a small crumbing forward not a number 1 focal point hed be lucky to kick 60

It is a big game, if things fall our way we can still make finals, all be it extremely optimistic.

Tuesday night was a light session in the pool to freshen up some tired bodies, thanks for asking.

O.k Danny, i wont beat around the bush. Can you confirm for me (and your credability is at stake here), that Mr Phipps (if thats you) and Mr Mitchell were the leaders in a player revolt on tuesday night (where no training took place) which saw the coach told they did not want him to lead them next year. Events then panned out that the coach agreed not to seek a pay out for his 2nd year of his contract. Which resulted in the players (and their kind hearts) offering the coach to do his job for one last time in the final game,(tail wagging the dog)? I have plenty more inside info but will leave it at that question for now.

END OF YEAR SUMMARY for those not playing finals;

PORT COLTS - 2 points from being there in finals but found key losses to hard to cover, still Round 18 and smash fifth placed by 10 goals suggests they possibly under acheived?

HOPPERS CROSSING - 400 Injuries hurts (please), In reality they are all over the shop with too many having there own agendas and to be up there at any level, everyone needs to be working together. Goodbye to Mr Alan Ezard but that was a no win for any. BIG FOOTY this summer will be interesting with the Days of Our Lives story that is Hoppers.:D:D:D

HEIGHTS - Two wins over West Footscray, One over Glenorden. I said to GB50 at the start of the season the second year would be harder and was proven correct. As difficult as it is to recruit, you have to target A grade players and not average second divvy ones.

GLENORDEN - With massive player exodus at the start of the season they were not under scrutiny as much as they should have been. Went way backwards.

WEST FOOTSCRAY - A victim of circumstances as they should not be in divvy 1, but they had a dip and that is all you can do. The top five ressie teams would have more then likely beaten them and the previous executive are to blame (Thanks Dianne).

In a nutshell the comp continues to go backwards and these clubs no matter what the comp looks like, need to raise the bar to make it a more even competition.:thumbsu:

In a nutshell the comp continues to go backwards and these clubs no matter what the comp looks like, need to raise the bar to make it a more even competition.:thumbsu:
I agree the standard has deteriorated, but in some ways this year was a more even competition than previous years. Take out Spotty, only a couple of games separated 2nd - 7th. Hoppers and Colts miss out for the first time in ages, and clubs like Altona and Sunshine showed they are going on the right track. I suspect Spotswood is already engraved on the premiership cup, but it'll be a good finals series, because Spotty aside the teams are pretty even.

Nice work with the summary. Colts underachieved - but they are a proud club and we know they'll be back. Hoppers need to open the cheque book and recruit a bit of talent from outside rather than rely on building a senior team filled with ex-Hoppers juniors.

Hoppers need to open the cheque book and recruit a bit of talent from outside rather than rely on building a senior team filled with ex-Hoppers juniors.

Wasn't long ago everyone was criticizing Hoppers for spending too much on "outside recruits". They are on the right track by looking after and playing their juniors. What they need is a decent coach (who doesn't cost an excessive amount).

Appears the main danger to Spotswood winning the flag could be the umpires. The three yesterday were blatantly anti Spotswood yet Spotty still won comfortably. The umpires in the game yesterday were a disgrace to the WRFL. I heard on the grapevine that one (the old slow one with the grey hair) actually got into a verbal stoush with some spectators while the game was in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back