Western Region FL - Division One - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee i hope this is true and he is back playing in the W.R.F.L

Yep need more blokes with a one week recovery period from a broken jaw, ruptured spleen, shattered C5, snapped fibula, punctured lung, broken sternum, ruptured posterior cruciate ligament, alzheimers and last but not least..Tellingbigfibsulosis!

Rodney "rocket" Rich has apparently been tryna get Dougy Thomas to Altona the last 3 years so i find it highly unlikely he will be in the purple & gold next year!

Rodney "rocket" Rich has apparently been tryna get Dougy Thomas to Altona the last 3 years so i find it highly unlikely he will be in the purple & gold next year!

Next they will be wanting to get their God, I mean Andrew Venner back. Guys, Douggy is a decent player but surley there are some better targets out there for the $$$$. Or is it simply on the quiet side at the minute? For what it's worth, i believe just at the minute (things obviously change), that St Albans are the dark horse. Any thoughts?

Not all as quiet as the hoppers clan would like to make out.. understand that they have signed a few new guys, plus are actively chasing Michael Spooner from Melton South so maybe Dougy wants back..not sure he is wanted back though after jumping ship last year to go to Melton South. My understandng is Spooner cant decide between a wangaratta team or Hoppers doesnt want to play against st albans being the problem there..

Well the year of the Cat has come to an end...........
What will next year bring?
Will Rayzor get a kick?
Can the cats make finals?
Will the Kangaroos stop being a scared bunch of girls?
Will any of the bottom 5 improve?
One thing is for sure..............
It will be fun to watch it unfold!:D

Not all as quiet as the hoppers clan would like to make out.. understand that they have signed a few new guys, plus are actively chasing Michael Spooner from Melton South so maybe Dougy wants back..not sure he is wanted back though after jumping ship last year to go to Melton South. My understandng is Spooner cant decide between a wangaratta team or Hoppers doesnt want to play against st albans being the problem there..

Also on the Hoppers front B.Murphy new coach of there U/18 side,looks like job for mates:thumbsdown:.

i had the pleasure to meet 1 of Albions new recruits recently, nice young bloke looked a good size. speaking to his dad (who is a big guy and in his own words is very vocal so will fit in) he told me that there is a couple of guys coming accross with the new coach, also that they may be getting some young forward that stkilda have their eye on and want to hide in a lower league, interesting

i had the pleasure to meet 1 of Albions new recruits recently, nice young bloke looked a good size. speaking to his dad (who is a big guy and in his own words is very vocal so will fit in) he told me that there is a couple of guys coming accross with the new coach, also that they may be getting some young forward that stkilda have their eye on and want to hide in a lower league, interesting

If i hadn't read the poster's name Strongbow i would have thought it was Rock posting. Sounds like one of his classic deflections of attention. But i guess Albion are now the hunted.:thumbsu:

If i hadn't read the poster's name Strongbow i would have thought it was Rock posting. Sounds like one of his classic deflections of attention. But i guess Albion are now the hunted.:thumbsu:

Speaking of Rock , haven't heard from him on here for a long time ?????

Has he retired from Big Footy as well.:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not meant as a deflection of any type, just seeing the forum had gone abit quiet thought id post what i was told last week.

The St Kilda files.

Grand Final Day 2009.
Assistant Coach. Gee Rossy, Bally's had a heap of it!
Lyon. Get him off!

Contract negotiations 2009
Ball. What's on the table?
Lyon. This is what we're offering but we don't really want you!

DRAFT NEGOTIATIONS
Malthouse. Wadda ya reckon Ross?
Lyon. Piss off Mick, we'll let him go for nothing. Besides, we'll have Lovett. Better player and more disciplined.
Malthouse. You're a true gentleman Ross.

Grand Final Replay 2010
Assistant Coach. Gee Rossy, Bally's had a heap of it!
Lyon. Yep, still don't think he's any good. Great decision to piss him off! Look at Peaky's skill in getting the ball to Jolly. Can't buy that talent.

Recruiting meeting 2010.
Recruiting manager. Rossy, got my eye on this young forward. Good prospect.
Lyon. Let him play in the WRFL, good preparation for AFL.

Yep, sounds like football according to St Kilda. Has to be true. Haha!

8 teams, 8 comps, 2 grounds, 1 day- melbourne metros best of the best!

On Sunday March 6th this event will be broadcast live via SEN Radio 1116 AM.

8 of the premiership teams from 2010 around Melbourne have agreed to play in a 20/20 style competition for their chance to take out the prestigious trophy of becoming Melbourne metro footballs best of the best and win their club $5000 in prizes and money.

The event and day has been organised by Benjamin Charles from SPORT SUPPORT. Also helping promote and run the event is Matty Pillios (EDFL MEDIA HOST) along with various other high profile metropolitan footballers and current or ex AFL players.The day will start at 11am and games will be played at CT Barling Reserve located at Plenty Rd, Reservoir.

The 8 clubs representing their leagues are as follows:

NFL – West Preston F.C (Ran all over powerhouse Heidelberg F.C to take 2010 premiership coach and are known to be physical.)

VAFA – Old Carey F.C (Smashed the VAFA B section comp in 2010 and now in A section will represent VAFA. Have picked up close to 8 quality players for season 2011. Old Xavs F.C declined to participate.)

GFL – South Barwon F.C (One of the favourites from a powerhouse comp. Will be at full strength and have the entire town of Geelong behind them.)

EDFL – Marby Park F.C (Back to back premiers will try and stamp its name as the strongest metro football team in the country boasting a ton of talent.)

EFL – Mulgrave F.C (Represent one of the strongest Melbourne comps and this year are in Div 1. Have recently recruited quality AFL & VFL players for season 2011. Noble Park F.C declined to participate.)

RDFL – Riddell F.C (Strong club with a massive following and will be keen to keep momentum from their 2010 premiership win.)

SFL – Clayton F.C (The club has been a powerhouse in Div 1 for a long time. Have recruited very strongly for 2011. St Kilda City F.C could not confirm.)

WRFL – Albion F.C (Stunned the WRFL winning the 2010 flag and with some new recruits will give it a shake. Coming from a comp with physical football.

EXTRA EVENTS

“Melbournes Fittest Footballer” (Vertical Leap, 20 Metre Sprints and Push Up Comp.)

“Grand Final Curtain Raiser” (60 Person Beep Test between any local registered footballer.)

Should be a cracker of a day! What are everyones thoughts and feedback on it?

Decent concept but it's hardly going to prove who the best team in metro footy is, only way to do it would be to rank the leagues and do a one off relegation match each season in October.

EFL vs VAFA div 1
EDFL vs GFL div 2
NFL vs WRFL div 3
RDFL vs SFL div 4

WOndering if this site is still running?? been 17 days since a post..

Does anyone know where to find the clearences page on the WRFL website?
not sure if its just me, seems impossible to find

Does anyone know where to find the clearences page on the WRFL website?
not sure if its just me, seems impossible to find[/quote]

Clearences dont open until the 1st Feb - When you go to WRFL webpage go to the last tab and find other menu's it is in there

Micheal (duck) Cassidy is fit as a fiddle, I seen him running the tan today with 2.5 kg weights in each hand, coco had he's head out the Gemini window and we couldn't keep up with him, big year ahead for the duck

WRFL Web Site - Clearances have opened and some been uploaded.
(Well Done:thumbsu: to the league)

Majority are Caroline Springs registrations.

Big Footy may come alive???

Time for some footy talk, it has been extremely quite on here.

Hoppers have resumed pre season for 2011 and has been a massive turn around from 2010, numbers have been the best for many years and great to see many new faces, including roughly 10 ex u/18 players stepping up after a great 2010 GF win, in which 3-4 of them have done the majority of pre season at Werribee.

Mitch has got the troops up and running and if we continue to get 50+ at training every night we will be back in the finals race where we belong.

Were is your input peanut? faaark off with your 2 word replies.

Further to what Danny posted things have been super at Hoppers, got some new guys at the club who have played at higher levels and others who have returned. Going through our best 22 gives me some confidence going forward, injuries will play a part in how we go but if lady luck shines down on us we will be mixing it at the top end without doubt.

Has been quiet of late, any new recruits? how are other clubs travelling?

Were is your input peanut? faaark off with your 2 word replies.

Further to what Danny posted things have been super at Hoppers, got some new guys at the club who have played at higher levels and others who have returned. Going through our best 22 gives me some confidence going forward, injuries will play a part in how we go but if lady luck shines down on us we will be mixing it at the top end without doubt.

Has been quiet of late, any new recruits? how are other clubs travelling?

deer park looking very very good.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back