Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if jason love is told he cant coach whats stopping him from giving the msg's to another coach on the ground while standing behind the fence? its happened before in our league.

Sounds good in theory. Although last year when I was suspended I was called onto wrfl and told I wad to have no communication with players while suspended, on game day and if caught face a life band. So I'm sure the league would ne on top of this if he was unable to coach and I highly doubt the colts would go for this type of set up, a coach needs to address his players during the game more so than any other time.

Sounds good in theory. Although last year when I was suspended I was called onto wrfl and told I wad to have no communication with players while suspended, on game day and if caught face a life band. So I'm sure the league would ne on top of this if he was unable to coach and I highly doubt the colts would go for this type of set up, a coach needs to address his players during the game more so than any other time.

Quarter time breaks the team heads over to fence where coaching done by JL... Assistant is listed as coach on the team sheet and with league... Never enters the playing arena and therefore, they may not be able to do anything about it... don't quote me on that though

Quarter time breaks the team heads over to fence where coaching done by JL... Assistant is listed as coach on the team sheet and with league... Never enters the playing arena and therefore, they may not be able to do anything about it... don't quote me on that though

I believe that Lara Coach (and former spotty player) Harris coached from the car park for a couple of games last season due to suspension.

FORMER AFL footballer Jason Love is attempting to have a ban lifted so he can coach Port Melbourne Colts in the Western Region Football League this season. Love, 43, was a central figure in one of the biggest brawls in football history.
He was coach of the North Cairns Tigers in the 2004 North Queensland grand final against Port Douglas Crocs.
A massive punch-up erupted involving players, officials and fans when his team charged at at their opponents after the pre-match anthem ended.
After what was said to be the longest investigations in the history of the code, Love's players were suspended for more than 400 matches.
Love, who played for North Melbourne and Sydney, was suspended on separate charges for three and five years and thought the suspensions were to be served concurrently, but AFL Queensland says he is banned until 2012.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

AFL Victoria has refused to accredit him as a coach and he now plans to appeal.
Love has been taking training at the Colts, where he coached in 1995.
He told the Port Phillip Leader : "I had one indiscretion in eight years of coaching and haven't I paid for it? I've expressed remorse (about the brawl) many times. I just want to get back into it with the Colts, coaching footy."
If necessary, he said, he would be prepared to coach with a suspended sentence hanging over his head.
AFL Victoria coaching development manager Steve Teakel said Love faced tribunal hearings in 2004 and 2005 and had been suspended for striking two players, for "conduct unbecoming of a coach" and for "conduct likely to bring the game into disrepute".
He said the Colts were entitled to appeal through AFL Victoria's independent panel.
And as an aside, Love has taken up bowls at Port Melbourne Bowls Club.
"Ah, I've got a soft side," he quipped.

Just making it a bit easier to read whats going on. Will be an interesting few weeks to see wat the league, football victoria, Colts do. For the record I know nothing about what happened or didn't happen so I have know view on the outcome.

FORMER AFL footballer Jason Love is attempting to have a ban lifted so he can coach Port Melbourne Colts in the Western Region Football League this season. Love, 43, was a central figure in one of the biggest brawls in football history.
He was coach of the North Cairns Tigers in the 2004 North Queensland grand final against Port Douglas Crocs.
A massive punch-up erupted involving players, officials and fans when his team charged at at their opponents after the pre-match anthem ended.
After what was said to be the longest investigations in the history of the code, Love's players were suspended for more than 400 matches.
Love, who played for North Melbourne and Sydney, was suspended on separate charges for three and five years and thought the suspensions were to be served concurrently, but AFL Queensland says he is banned until 2012.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

AFL Victoria has refused to accredit him as a coach and he now plans to appeal.
Love has been taking training at the Colts, where he coached in 1995.
He told the Port Phillip Leader : "I had one indiscretion in eight years of coaching and haven't I paid for it? I've expressed remorse (about the brawl) many times. I just want to get back into it with the Colts, coaching footy."
If necessary, he said, he would be prepared to coach with a suspended sentence hanging over his head.
AFL Victoria coaching development manager Steve Teakel said Love faced tribunal hearings in 2004 and 2005 and had been suspended for striking two players, for "conduct unbecoming of a coach" and for "conduct likely to bring the game into disrepute".
He said the Colts were entitled to appeal through AFL Victoria's independent panel.
And as an aside, Love has taken up bowls at Port Melbourne Bowls Club.
"Ah, I've got a soft side," he quipped.

Just making it a bit easier to read whats going on. Will be an interesting few weeks to see what the league, football victoria, Colts do. For the record I know nothing about what happened or didn't happen so I have know view on the outcome.

This situation has become even more embarassing for the wrfl & port colts, how can you appeal when you've got 3 years to serve, also in an era where violence is a no go zone the chances of him getting reinstated would be a million to 1. I say bring back the rock07!

This situation has become even more embarassing for the wrfl & port colts, how can you appeal when you've got 3 years to serve, also in an era where violence is a no go zone the chances of him getting reinstated would be a million to 1. I say bring back the rock07!

HAHAH...I have signed at airport west so no return for me.

I think the colts will be fine, i attended training there last night good numbers on the track, Jack getting good support on and off field. So no doubt the colts have the situation under control.

I think you will find that if Love's suspension is not over turned, which it wont be. There is absolutely no chance he will be able to coach from behind the fence, even address players before the game or at half time.
The new wrfl commitee that are in place have already been told from the afl it will not tolerate Love's involvement on any level.
The afl will also put a heavy fine in place if port colts allow Love to coach, a fine so great it could put the out of business.
I know this after speaking to someone from the wrfl.
Wrfl is not happy with the situation full stop.

Surley the people running the port colts need to rectify this situation quickly, how are sponsors feeling about having this man as coach or the junior parents for that matter.....Avert strange appointment if you ask me.
I hear Brad Julier will Captain/Coach if this falls over, may save face if this does happen

I think you will find that if Love's suspension is not over turned, which it wont be. There is absolutely no chance he will be able to coach from behind the fence, even address players before the game or at half time.
The new wrfl commitee that are in place have already been told from the afl it will not tolerate Love's involvement on any level.
The afl will also put a heavy fine in place if port colts allow Love to coach, a fine so great it could put the out of business.
I know this after speaking to someone from the wrfl.
Wrfl is not happy with the situation full stop.

Surley the people running the port colts need to rectify this situation quickly, how are sponsors feeling about having this man as coach or the junior parents for that matter.....Avert strange appointment if you ask me.
I hear Brad Julier will Captain/Coach if this falls over, may save face if this does happen
So someone from the WRFL is speaking out of school to outsiders on a situation that is nobodys business apart from the club and those that rule the game.I seriously doubt it unless this new commitee that you mention are hellbent on proving they are bigger morons than the last lot.Since you have revealed your source on what the powers that be are planning for the Colts,where did the Julier story come from or are you just presuming he would be the only option that is viable.

So someone from the WRFL is speaking out of school to outsiders on a situation that is nobodys business apart from the club and those that rule the game.I seriously doubt it unless this new commitee that you mention are hellbent on proving they are bigger morons than the last lot.Since you have revealed your source on what the powers that be are planning for the Colts,where did the Julier story come from or are you just presuming he would be the only option that is viable.

Well firstly i didn't hear it directly, but from someone that works with wrfl who was told of what was in store.
Secondly the julier roumor stems again from another source, although it was promised to him if Love was unable to coach along with the captaincy.

Well firstly i didn't hear it directly, but from someone that works with wrfl who was told of what was in store.
Secondly the julier roumor stems again from another source, although it was promised to him if Love was unable to coach along with the captaincy.

BULL$HIT!!! You would have no idea of what the wrfl/afl vic have in store.

Not to sure Julier would ever want to coach, even if he did i doubt he wants to coach his mates. The colts have a number of assistant coaches that could step up.

Not to sure Julier would ever want to coach, even if he did i doubt he wants to coach his mates. The colts have a number of assistant coaches that could step up.

Your amazing Rock, for a bloke thats moved on I cant believe you still call the shots at Murphys, the sad part of all this is the people that chopped your head off have less to say than you.

Not to sure Juliet would ever want to coach, even if he did i doubt he wants to coach his mates. The colts have a number of assistant coaches that could step up.

I have no doubt the colts have all scenarios well in hand, all this hype and speculation will have little effect on the close nit playing group at Murphy's.

It has and will always be there strength for any player that pulls on their guernsey. There is also plenty of pride and passion working behind the scene to keep things going forward.

As far as Jack's appeal goes, anything is possible at an "appeals hearing", Brodie Holland in the EDFL and Johnny McNamara SFL have both had their suspensions overturned for the greater good of footy.

Failing that, Big Brad would be an obvious choice to captain coach, not taking anything away from a couple of other worthy candidates that are in the fold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where did the Julier story come from or are you just presuming he would be the only option that is viable.[/quote]

maybe i should dust off the old coaching resume and slide it under the door at colts....it may come in handy in a few weeks hahahaha only joking CM. hope all the Love stuff gets sorted. and for all who are wondering i have a family member who works in afl vic and he can not even tell me what is happenoing with it due to possible legal standings (maybe he just not trust me hahahaha) but he did say that they will treat his case on its merits and that there are certain discrepencies that may be beneficial for the colts with they wording of his suspension and exclusion forms hence why he cant comment any further.
That must be why colts are confident in the appeal I reckon.

also any truth to the rumour that ex bulldog cam white was spotted at hoppers training last night???

I have no doubt the colts have all scenarios well in hand, all this hype and speculation will have little effect on the close nit playing group at Murphy's.

It has and will always be there strength for any player that pulls on their guernsey. There is also plenty of pride and passion working behind the scene to keep things going forward.

As far as Jack's appeal goes, anything is possible at an "appeals hearing", Brodie Holland in the EDFL and Johnny McNamara SFL have both had their suspensions overturned for the greater good of footy.

Failing that, Big Brad would be an obvious choice to captain coach, not taking anything away from a couple of other worthy candidates that are in the fold.

Hey obe1 good to hear from you hope all is well, have to catch up for a coffee soon.

I agree lets just see what happens with the Jack Love situation and yes there are plenty down at the Colts that could step up to the coaching role.

Hey obe1 good to hear from you hope all is well, have to catch up for a coffee soon.

I agree lets just see what happens with the Jack Love situation and yes there are plenty down at the Colts that could step up to the coaching role.
Outside the big fella who else would be able to step up ? Unfortunately Bretto is going to be a teriffic coach and would have been a perfect fit,but he is long gone and i dont think the list would be as long as you think of possibles.

Wats Loves chances?

I'd suggest zero, read below, pretty clear he got 3 years *& 8 years to be served concurrently which means 8 years to be served !

Anyone who gets on here and defends what the colts heirachy for entertaining this decision at the cost of 2 club legends, has there head in the sand or to scared to speak there mind . Irrespective of brett & the Rock accepting the decision and moving on gracefully its become a sad joke.

Eight-year ban for ex-Swan
February 24, 2005

One of Australia's biggest and ugliest football brawls has culminated in a former AFL star receiving an eight-year ban.

Former Sydney and Kangaroos forward Jason Love was outed over his part in a north Queensland AFL fracas involving about 50 players, coaches and officials.
Love had already been banned for three years over the all-in brawl between the North Cairns side he coached and the Port Douglas Crocs in last September's AFL Cairns grand final.
But he was given a further ban yesterday by the AFL Queensland tribunal on charges of bringing the game into disrepute.
The eight-year penalty will be served concurrently with the three-year ban.
All 22 North Cairns senior players were banned last December for periods ranging from 10 weeks to five years after the tribunal found them responsible for starting the fight.
Dozens of spectators joined in the ugly on-field punch-up, while others brawled in the grandstand. Police were called and children had to be plucked to safety as adults fought among themselves.

AdvertisementAdvertisement
The incident sparked a month-long investigation by barrister Jim Henry, resulting in 22 Tigers players being ordered to appear before the AFL Cairns tribunal for a marathon three nights of hearings in December.
The bans imposed on the North Cairns players totalled more than 400 matches.
North Cairns won the grand final but the game was later declared a no-result.
Love, the Swans' leading goal-scorer in 1991 with 52 goals, had already been banned for three years after being found guilty on three counts of striking.
At the time he lashed out at AFL Cairns, labelling the tribunal "a witch hunt with a foregone conclusion" and said the region had the worst umpires and tribunal in the game.
AFL Cairns president Russell Beer said yesterday the grand final brawl had been one of the worst incidents in the history of AFL in north Queensland.
"It's time to put this sorry episode behind us and get on with the new season," Beer said.

Anytime mate, not doing too much these days ,so give me a buz when your out and about my side of town.

Nice little article in the local regarding your young fella, good to see he is doing well.:thumbsu:

Perhaps Jack could entice the 'Duck" to fill in for him if his appeal fails.:D

Just reading all these posts about Jason Love coaching the Colts:

I keep wondering what the club were thinking when they appointed him,

• How would the sponsors react?
• How would the parents of juniors play react to appointing a coach who was involved in very serious a number of years ago?
• How would the players feel about having him coach the club?
• Does his appointment damage the clubs reputation in the eyes of supporters and sponsors?
• What does the appointment of Jason Love bring to the Colts other than a lot of media speculation?
• Did they not think that this appointment would cause controversy? Or is that want they wanted?
• Surely the committee knew about his suspension and would have done a back ground check with the AFL/WRFL to ensure he can coach in this competition due to his suspension, surely they wouldn’t appoint a coach on his word that he could coach in the league and his suspension was concurrent allowing him to coach. They could not have been that unprofessional
• The Colts must have met by now and mapped out a way ahead if Love can’t coach and have a fall back plan?

The committee must think they are close to a flag and Love’s appointment can get them over the line or why change from the previous coach.

Was Jason Love really the best appointment from the candidates interviewed?
I’m not sure how many applicants applied, but I wonder what other candidates would have been able to bring to the club.

Your amazing Rock, for a bloke thats moved on I cant believe you still call the shots at Murphys, the sad part of all this is the people that chopped your head off have less to say than you.

Yes i have moved on, but still care about the colts and i will still help the club in anyway possible, i have been at the club for 25years so i have a deep passion for the club and most people involved.
Definately don't call any shots!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back