Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling clubs need to be allowed extra points especially if they've just been promoted. In the case of Springs and WV, allow them extra points to at least give them the opportunity to have a real crack.

The system isn't perfect. If a kid from the Western Jets, leaves his original club to play with another, I think he draws 5 points. As we know, not every kid getting games at the Jets is a talent. So if he played at Werribee and then decides he wants to play at WV, WV cop five points for a 18-19 year old kid. If WV have more points to play with, they can build on the back of stronger recruits. We don't want sides coming up for a year or two and then being relegated again. Can be a club killer.

Points and caps are only half arsed measures if they're the same for all clubs in a division. The strugglers need a bit more flexibility.

Agree with you there.

Think the game to go to this weekend is Werribee v Altona, if not already out of finals contention Altona ! Werribee can lock up the 5 finals teams with a win against Altona !
All other games should be blow outs I think ??

Think the game to go to this weekend is Werribee v Altona, if not already out of finals contention Altona ! Werribee can lock up the 5 finals teams with a win against Altona !
All other games should be blow outs I think ??
The Spotswood V Albion game will be closer than what some think. Although the last game between them was a blowout, Albion have improved since.
I think Werribee have got some players back and Altona are struggling with injuries and players soaking up some sun in Europe. Having said that, Altona were good against Spotty last week and Werribee seem to play very well against Hoppers and struggle against others. Consistency is Werribee's issue but I think Gillo committing for another season will sort that out. They'll be tough opposition more often next year.

Last edited:

Wow, Altona did the job finaly to a top 5 team and will now chase Werribee for that 5th spot !! Werribee % not good !

Altona are going to fall into the finals barring a mishap against one of the lower teams.. Werribee still need to play deer park sunshine and spotty.. although Altona finished the game with no one on the bench in the last quarter so who knows how many, if any will get up for this week. Post out for the year I believe and the big ruckman went down just after half time. Going to test the depth especially with the 3 already over seas. No finals would be a wasted season for them but Werribee would just be making up the numbers if they fall in.

Altona are going to fall into the finals barring a mishap against one of the lower teams.. Werribee still need to play deer park sunshine and spotty.. although Altona finished the game with no one on the bench in the last quarter so who knows how many, if any will get up for this week. Post out for the year I believe and the big ruckman went down just after half time. Going to test the depth especially with the 3 already over seas. No finals would be a wasted season for them but Werribee would just be making up the numbers if they fall in.
Didn't werribee beat hoppers last week ? Every club is making up numbers Money park to win gf by 10 plus goals again

Didn't werribee beat hoppers last week ? Every club is making up numbers Money park to win gf by 10 plus goals again

Only 10 plus. That's if they take to foot off the pedal as it could be 20 plus goals.

Correct Boys Deer Park will the grand final anywhere between 10 - 20 goals this year, So that make it 5 in a row, how many players would have paid in all 5 ?

Correct Boys Deer Park will the grand final anywhere between 10 - 20 goals this year, So that make it 5 in a row, how many players would have paid in all 5 ?
I know Bullen has coached all 5. Wonder if he'll really challenge himself and coach a struggling side next. Would like to see him ply his trade at the likes of WV and CS.

Yeah good point jerry lol.. anyone know when money bags is gonna jet off to another league? I did hear he was planning to stay for 5 years so hopefully this is it.. the competition would be a hell of a lot better off for it.

D.P may be red hot fav`s again, but I`m sure we are all hoping one of the other teams who makes the finals get a clear run and make the G.F with their full compliment and beat D.P ! Its got to happen eventually ! No one thought the Doggies where a chance last year in AFL !
Fingers crossed .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D.P may be red hot fav`s again, but I`m sure we are all hoping one of the other teams who makes the finals get a clear run and make the G.F with their full compliment and beat D.P ! Its got to happen eventually ! No one thought the Doggies where a chance last year in AFL !
Fingers crossed .
I hope DP win the GF by 20 goals

Only game interested in this week is to see if Hoppers Crossing can bridge the gap on Deer Park ?? Is there a contender who can push D.P, is it Hoppers ??
Or like the GF is the gap still that big?

Only game interested in this week is to see if Hoppers Crossing can bridge the gap on Deer Park ?? Is there a contender who can push D.P, is it Hoppers ??
Or like the GF is the gap still that big?
This week's result won't matter. DP will win the GF and win it well. Read nothing into the results regarding DP from now on. As for the others, there is still a bit of interest because they're fighting for second spot. The WRFL 50 Buck Cup is a bit of a laugh these days.

Agree. Probably don`t want D.P to be challenged anyway before finals and get them stepping up an extra
gear !
Better for someone to surprise them in Finals with their best footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back