Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunshine in the grand final, are they any chance against DP?

In my honest opinion, it will be a super effort if Sunshine can get within 8 goals of Deer Park. Deer Park don't have any weakness across any part of the ground and I think this will test Sunshine's depth. Deer Park by 72 points and McHarg BOG.

In my honest opinion, it will be a super effort if Sunshine can get within 8 goals of Deer Park. Deer Park don't have any weakness across any part of the ground and I think this will test Sunshine's depth. Deer Park by 72 points and McHarg BOG.
Deer park full of big fish who prefer to play in small pond

Deer park full of big fish who prefer to play in small pond
They are playing Division 1 of the competition. So you are suggesting these guys should go elsewhere because the rest of the competition arnt as good as them. All I read about this competition is all and sundry whinging and complaining about Deer Park . Get over it and start improving. The EDFL are 20 minutes up the road and there are probably 8 clubs who would either beat or be competitive with them . Have you ever thought why ?

They are playing Division 1 of the competition. So you are suggesting these guys should go elsewhere because the rest of the competition arnt as good as them. All I read about this competition is all and sundry whinging and complaining about Deer Park . Get over it and start improving. The EDFL are 20 minutes up the road and there are probably 8 clubs who would either beat or be competitive with them . Have you ever thought why ?
They prefer to beat up on inferior players than test themselves in better leagues that's why

They prefer to beat up on inferior players than test themselves in better leagues that's why
I think you'll find most of Deer Parks players have "tested themselves " in "better leagues " and most have done very well . PS you didn't answer the actual question I asked but anyway what could I expect ?

Gre
I think you'll find most of Deer Parks players have "tested themselves " in "better leagues " and most have done very well . PS you didn't answer the actual question I asked but anyway what could I expect ?
Great finish to one of the better seasons in the wrfl. Congrats to deer park 5 in a row. And to sunshine while others may have thrown in the towel you showed what hard work and belief can do. Probably should have won. But that's footy.

Gre

Great finish to one of the better seasons in the wrfl. Congrats to deer park 5 in a row. And to sunshine while others may have thrown in the towel you showed what hard work and belief can do. Probably should have won. But that's footy.
Outstanding achievement from Deer Park and hats off to Subshine . I know they will be shattered but at last a club has shown the way forward for every club in the competition. I'd suggest a sixth straight is unlikely so it's up the all clubs to take their focus off one side and keep improving themselves.It's game on in 2018.

Don't think they need to think why $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dam what a spew for sunshine and the comp good on them would of been nice to see them get up but at least clubs are getting closer so will this mean deer park blokes will start moving to other teams in lower grades as thay have achieved what thay set out to do and I reckon with the team thay have had through the years if thay dropped any flag thay would of left sooner

Don't think they need to think why $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
That's not my point . My point is why are there so many clubs not too far away with the ability to raise the $ necessary to compete for top local players on the open market ? The EDFL have left the WRFL behind barring Deer Park. Also I'm sure if you were offered double the $ you earn at work to go to a rival company you'd stay put . Deer Park will be beaten soon and everyone can put their tissues away .

That's not my point . My point is why are there so many clubs not too far away with the ability to raise the $ necessary to compete for top local players on the open market ? The EDFL have left the WRFL behind barring Deer Park. Also I'm sure if you were offered double the $ you earn at work to go to a rival company you'd stay put . Deer Park will be beaten soon and everyone can put their tissues away .
You would find the $$ avsilable in the west demographically is not that in the Essendon district also isn't there a salary cap and if so how far over are Deer park ow forgot the side payments $$$$$

Dam what a spew for sunshine and the comp good on them would of been nice to see them get up but at least clubs are getting closer so will this mean deer park blokes will start moving to other teams in lower grades as thay have achieved what thay set out to do and I reckon with the team thay have had through the years if thay dropped any flag thay would of left sooner

Not sure why they wouls go to a lower grade of footy. People wanna stay around big clubs for both success and financial incentives.
It's time clubs just deal with the situation that yes there dominance is continuing. Vermont in the EFL won something 7 or so in a 10 plus period. Spotswood and port colts played hyear after year. Or Spotswood Albion in a 2 horse race. Most years you knew who the 2 playing off would be atleast the 2-6 was anyone's ball game. In 5 years time there will be another club dominating the comp. Unfortunately this is sport. In the soccer its no different EPL. Spanish etc.
Time clubs find ways to recruit or generate income.
To much talk of this. Sunshine showed its possible to match the best. Clubs should be hungry to knock them off at full strength because boy what a feeling it would be. And sunshine got within a kick of that.

Don't forget 2 of the 5 premiership won were won by less than a kick so people of short memories.
Would you rather see 30-35 goal losses we seen 5-7 years ago week in week out or have 1 club like deer park a little above and 9 competitive clubs?

It's more even that it has been.

In the first quarter Condos kicked a goal. He walked up to his opponent and shoved him, getting up in his face. It started a mini scuffle between about six players. A sunshine player retaliated and slung a deer park player to the ground. Umpire gave deer park a free kick in front of goal. Two goals for the price of one.

Three point win to the Lions.

The rest is history.

Cracking game. Both teams were hard at it. Deer Park were class without kicking goals, Sunshine's defense held up really well. Sunshine's forward entries let them down, and Deer Park were easily mopping up their long kicks into 50.

That poor kid dropping that mark though. He will never get over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back