Western Region FL - Divy 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

DEER PARK COBRAS. Could be merger..

im not having a crack at DP, they have played the hand they were dealt brilliantly but I just think clubs like Albanvale have a special feel to them and losing that would be a big loss.

the loyalty they have had from a group of players is phenomenal and not many clubs have that.

Paid him a sign on $5k now want money back president under pump under salary cap pressure paying overs to keep the cats that let them down in gf happy
Clearance has been lodged again. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought sign on payments weren't allowed under the new structure. So if this is the case Altona won't be able to use this as a reason to deny the clearance.

Clearance has been lodged again. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought sign on payments weren't allowed under the new structure. So if this is the case Altona won't be able to use this as a reason to deny the clearance.
You can make an upfront payment to a player but it must be disclosed. Can’t do the old sign on paper bag. Well you can just don’t get caught 😂

So this would need to be written into the signed contract?
If everything was above board then it would be written into his contract.
If it was a payment not disclosed then Altona dont have a leagal reason to deny his transfer request.
There may be a clause in his contract that he has to play a minimum amount of games but that is more likely to happen to a VFL listed player.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apparently You put that in twice for no reason same with Cavilaro there’s signs of smoke

Apparently they played two intra club games yesterday and they also had about 20 unavailable.........massive numbers

Maybe Deer Park need to hang around and get the leftovers. I am hearing they do not have number to field a reserves side unless they start going out and recruit Div 3 players with incentives offered.

Wow, this must be of a real concern to the club and the league, particularly there longtime true supporters (longer than 7 years) all those flags and it seems its build on quick sand. All that money they seem to have had and they didn't bother investing in a junior program/ sustainable model. I understand they are in difficult area, but with effort they could have had a few junior teams.

You get the feeling the walls will come tumbling down very quickly when they arent successful /loose there sponsors
It’s what happens when you cheat the system

you seem quite angry towards Altona ? Maybe an ex coach . Think they will be fine from what I heard today
Not an ex coach at all just someone who was a regular attendee who was disappointed in decisions made who who thought about the long term health of the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m hearing Altona are averaging 90+ at training each night,
Must really be struggling.
There ground is covered in Sponsor boards,
Can’t be going too bad!
Might have 90+ but be lucky if 35 can play seniors and from what I’ve heard half the sponsors aren’t even there e.g IGA

Maybe Deer Park need to hang around and get the leftovers. I am hearing they do not have number to field a reserves side unless they start going out and recruit Div 3 players with incentives offered.
This is where you’d think you’d get some to go to lower levels and play 1s in div 2 or 3 what’s the point of having 90+ on the track when you can at best play around 70 means you have 20 missing out each week

This is where you’d think you’d get some to go to lower levels and play 1s in div 2 or 3 what’s the point of having 90+ on the track when you can at best play around 70 means you have 20 missing out each week
Apparently altona is fielding a 3rds team along with PC Caroline springs and a few others

IGA is a bad example as it was a corporate store in the past, now it is privately owned
Unsure of what you mean by this statement. IGA has always been a privately owned franchise and remains so. There was a change of ownership at the local IGA and the new owners are not sponsors, whereas the prior owners of IGA were. Therefore, this is a sponsor who paid last year that needs to be replaced to be in the same financial position as last year. How, is this a bad example by the poster?

Player wise Altona is very strong, and in regards to numbers have been for quite a few years now. They should be clear favourites given the weakening of the list at Deer Park. They did finish 3 games clear on top last season.

Their big challenge is raising the revenue via sponsors and functions to fund not only the wages of the players but the costs of operating the club. Like all clubs there are a few sponsors that will not be renewing, it is about replacing those and adding additional sponsors on top of those not there as well as generating revenue from other sources. If they can achieve this they will be fine

Last edited:
So Altona are clear favorites, theyve lost a few and gained a few so should be similiar to last year. Certainly Hoppers Werribee and Spotswood will be in the running and possible DP making up the five as St Albans have lost a few. Then there will be a clear gap to the rest like last year.

So Altona are clear favorites, theyve lost a few and gained a few so should be similiar to last year. Certainly Hoppers Werribee and Spotswood will be in the running and possible DP making up the five as St Albans have lost a few. Then there will be a clear gap to the rest like last year.
St Albans have picked up quite a few from Keilor as well as both Butler and moreso Hill will play many more games this year. Though they have been underachieving for years, would be dangerous to write them off.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd like to know what decisions TheBoss78 feela weren't in Altona's best interests and whether or not he could have got involved to make a difference? Its all well and good potting a club, but if you weren't prepared to roll up your sleeves, I don't believe it to be fair game.

St Albans are struggling for numbers as well, might be lucky to get a magoos side together
It will be a weak reserves side but they will have one and there is no relevance to their senior side which could be stronger than alot here are suggesting.

Of course it could be the business as usual and they underachieve, but their best side will be more than competitive.

Deer Parks reserves side last season at times was very ordinary on a number of occasions but look where they finished up. The strength of a reserves side has no bearing on the senior side providing there are 6 to 8 players capable of stepping up to the senior side when their are injuries or other availability issues. Caroline Springs have made a reserves Grand Final and Finals again last years yet their seniors have not been close up to date. Maybe that will change this season too

If youre going off player retention and pick ups from last season Altona by far the clear favourites however between Werribee, Spotty and Hoppers can all cause them issues like they did last year. St Albans have a big unkown factor at the moment if they all click can also join the pack chasing the Vikings. Deer Park most likely will drop off a lot too many outs very few ins but within saying that will still cause some issues throughout the year as they still have a number of talented players. Sunshine and Caroline will be making up the numbers again the later could also find themselves in a relegation battle with point cook and yarraville with PC hoping their new signings all gel and yarraville hope their players adapt the the higher level as we've seen with the last couple of teams promoted. Should be an interesting year still but Premiership tip would be Altona in theory

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Region FL - Divy 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back