Wfl 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Johnsy, give us a break. There is no interest from you or your club about footy in the region. You want the City Oval developed for your own self interest. Why would people want their rates going to build you guys new club rooms? Why would anyone want their state taxes going to the Evil Empire? The response from the Council should be you come up with half the money and we will match it because that’s what everyone else gets. What about you guys rolling up your sleeves and doing it yourself instead of expecting handouts. The fact that you have your club rooms built on top of a community building is a disgrace. You should be charged rent to use our stairs! That building was built to entertain cricketers in the sixties but became change rooms because your clubs relationship with the council at the time meant you were able to plonk you rooms on the top.

Like if Fancy. I did read with interest in your favourite local rag the same article. Maybe Slenko could get the netballers to sell a few more chocolates for Johnsy's cause.
I think Saints where also annoyed at the lack of assistance with their grant application for new facilities, although there submission was to be matched dollar for dollar with any funding they were to receive from the state government - with no help from our 'wonderful' local council. A nice dig from the Saints at the local member, Hugh Delahunty for doing stuff all again too.

Hey Slenko. Any fall out from the netties or is the Empire to grand?

FP

Not sure on that. Parents I spoke to were scathing of the netball segment as opposed the whole club. There must be some rumblings though as the Netball Director recently resigned they said.

They stated more parents than not are unhappy with way things operate but there is minimal choices these days for junior netballers especially. Most teams are flush with numbers so its sort of a jump out of the fry pan into the fire if they defect.

Still Demons run the netball association next year, if what I am told is correct the work will fall to very few. That is usually a start of a testing time.

Had to laugh.

WIN TV ran a story tonight on Horsham Saints being able to return to their home ground to play home games. Here Was Coach Broadbent standing in front of sponsor signs at Horsham City Oval giving them all a plug over his own sponsors.

ironic a story about returning to your home ground is recorded at an away ground!

You blokes have done a fabulous job over the past few years trying to pick holes in Horsham. It's gone from paying juniors to Johnsy's articles to not having as much support as other clubs to having umpires that favour them to not having good enough clubrooms. However, I think you've all gone to new levels with this latest one of the junior netballers paying for chocolates with the profits not going to them. I reckon upon finding out about this Carr, Farr, Batch, Barnett and Arnel will all be so disgusted that they'll up and leave the club. "It's an outrage," I can hear the call now. L

The bottom line, and the only thing that matters, is that they have won the past 6 senior flags, a wimmera league record. A club might be able to fluke one flag but 6??? You've got to admit it must be a pretty good club and a lot of work must have been doe to get them from the state they were in, in the 90s to one of the most successful footy clubs in Australia. A little credit?

The constant nit picking about Horsham is laughable because opposition clubs are unable to beat them on the field. Until other clubs can do this then the taunts come across as childish and patheitc.

You blokes have done a fabulous job over the past few years trying to pick holes in Horsham. It's gone from paying juniors to Johnsy's articles to not having as much support as other clubs to having umpires that favour them to not having good enough clubrooms. However, I think you've all gone to new levels with this latest one of the junior netballers paying for chocolates with the profits not going to them. I reckon upon finding out about this Carr, Farr, Batch, Barnett and Arnel will all be so disgusted that they'll up and leave the club. "It's an outrage," I can hear the call now. L

The bottom line, and the only thing that matters, is that they have won the past 6 senior flags, a wimmera league record. A club might be able to fluke one flag but 6??? You've got to admit it must be a pretty good club and a lot of work must have been doe to get them from the state they were in, in the 90s to one of the most successful footy clubs in Australia. A little credit?

The constant nit picking about Horsham is laughable because opposition clubs are unable to beat them on the field. Until other clubs can do this then the taunts come across as childish and patheitc.

Well said Backpocket! Amazing to think you've been able to hold your tounge for so long. A few of us do have a few issues with the Horsham footy club but the majority of it is just a bit of fun, and all about stirring the pot and trying to get a reaction. Hats of to the Demons on what they have acheived over the past 6 years, but geez it'd be nice for someone to knock the evil empire off it's gold perch!

:thumbsu:

Here, here, backpocketer. To many take cheap shots at the empire for doing the right thing... If some people put more time into their footy clubs to get them self up instead of sit in and take pot shots at the premiers they might find they will improve greatly such as min/mur for example. The tall poppy syndrome is alive and kicken in wfl but after winning six in a row i can see why people get sick of the demons on the dias every year but lets lose the trash talk....:thumbsu:

Backpocket

Over my previous post I have often defended the administration of the Demons from unfounded accusations of paying juniors and alike. But on this issue you have committed the same sin you accuse others of by picking up on some obscure comment, twisting it and then trying to turn it back around at the poster.

I did mention the issue of chocolates as a minor issue and not that the profits did not go to the kids but the kids were being exploited by senior netballers to help pay for their netball trip.

This has nothing to do with knocking the club administration, as my post clearly states parents are most unhappy with the netball segment of the club. The main issue of my post was that a junior netballer had been suspended for crying and not one of netball executive or coaches actually spoke to the junior to ascertain what the problem was.

If you condone that so be it. Choices and judgements are yours to make.

But do not accuse others of things that you yourself commit in the same post as the accusation you make or you may be branded a hypocrite!

Great comment from Johns in the mail times re how amazingly unsuccessful the Horsham council are in getting funds to upgrade the City Oval yet how easy it was to nab a few million for the massively popular and vitally important Town Hall and then rape the ratepayers a few million more just to keep some Mardi Gra groupies happy and hang a few pics on wall which gender confused skivvie and scarf lovers ae supposed to ooggle over and get all light headed due to the cheap bubbly and enya soundtrack. Well the broader Horsham (and Wimmera) community are set to benefit so much from the 5 mill splashed on the town hall that the Wimmera will be called the Florence of the west as of course sport has always been a poor second cousin in popularity and community participation to the arts in this region! Yes I am sure with the huge use and mega crowds the town hall attracts every weekend and weekday that we are all sure to be winners. Still I can see why and understand why the Horsham council keeps putting the city oval on the backburner (and allowing Year 9 work experience kids to write the grant applications) what with the city oval having only one termite infested grandstand, a timekeepers box built in 1951 (the last time any maintenance was done on it) no seating (see redlegs setup) for netball watching, a canteen that is never used, no public bar just moth eaten tents and eskies on trainer wheels, the main kids playground next to a public toilet (great for pedo's) and not anywhere near where most of the kids hangout (near netball), no shelter from the rain for supporters on the club room side, a scoreboard 20 years past its use by date, lights that make the old kero lamps at Gerang Kiata look like the sun, interchange benches that would be knocked back by dogs at the local pound, no parking, no atmosphere and only used 50 weekends of the year and 5 days a week by Horsham locals and the entire Wimmera - then it all then it makes sense. Good job Horsham Council you cannot be accused of living in the 60's anymore. Will the new town hall have an oval? - Horsham could use one!!

The Catlickers smashed the Rodents today, how did Kelmy go?
Interested to know what these investigation the league is referring to??
I hear that the Saints v United is in relation to racial villification of the Cooke - Harrison boys during under 17s.
Pretty poor form if this is true and i would expect the league to come down hard on those responsible. Although not suprising from the half breds from north of the tracks.

Interested to know what these investigation the league is referring to??
I hear that the Saints v United is in relation to racial villification of the Cooke - Harrison boys during under 17s.
Pretty poor form if this is true and i would expect the league to come down hard on those responsible. Although not suprising from the half breds from north of the tracks.

The situation with the Cooke-Harrison boys all started with a small altercation between Jacob Cooke-Harrison and another "certain someone" at the start of the season. From what i hear Jacob and another "certain someone" were being smartarses to each other and it just got a little out of hand with what was coming out of their mouths. This resulted in Jacob wanting to beat the living daylights out of this "certain someone" in the juniors match. That is about the extent of it.

The situation with the Cooke-Harrison boys all started with a small altercation between Jacob Cooke-Harrison and another "certain someone" at the start of the season. From what i hear Jacob and another "certain someone" were being smartarses to each other and it just got a little out of hand with what was coming out of their mouths. This resulted in Jacob wanting to beat the living daylights out of this "certain someone" in the juniors match. That is about the extent of it.
All's been resolved now mate. Nothing more at hold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great footage of the Horsham v United clash on WIN TV last night. Jordyn Burke and Josh Friend throwing haymakers at each other right in front of the camera. Both sent of with yellow cards. Very funny.

Any information come to light re Wimmera League investigation into the Horsham Saints v Nhill reserves games a few weeks back?
Apparently Nhill put a complaint over an incident from during the match.

Great footage of the Horsham v United clash on WIN TV last night. Jordyn Burke and Josh Friend throwing haymakers at each other right in front of the camera. Both sent of with yellow cards. Very funny.

Any information come to light re Wimmera League investigation into the Horsham Saints v Nhill reserves games a few weeks back?
Apparently Nhill put a complaint over an incident from during the match.

you call them haymakers i call them cream puffs,bloody embarrasing for them both my daughters have better style than that,out to lloydys lads

6 from Saints, 6 from Demons, 3 from Eagles, 2 from Burras, 2 from Ararat, 1 from Roos, 1 from United, None from Nhill or Stawell.
Lets see how close I am when final squad is named.
You honestly don't think anyone from Stawell will make it. Shane Field will more then likely make it and Daniel Parkin wouldn't be that far behind either

Dave Berryball whats going on with that silly paper of yours? Your "likely" line up for the WFL this weekend had half the HDFL team in it? No proof readers down there?

You honestly don't think anyone from Stawell will make it. Shane Field will more then likely make it and Daniel Parkin wouldn't be that far behind either
Field didn't start the year well & I think they reckon he's too old.
Good player just dont think he'll get in. Please dont get upset, I know you boys out east take things to heart.

Dave Berryball whats going on with that silly paper of yours? Your "likely" line up for the WFL this weekend had half the HDFL team in it? No proof readers down there?
Sorry Puss, since Butch has gone to Saints and Mibus to the Kees, its Bloody Hard to keep up with who is actually in the league this year.
Plus i might add the proof reader was made redundent by Hammond a couple of years ago. That's why a spell check never picks up the difference between - THERE / THEIR / & THEY'RE. keep an eye on it. its generally in every edition.

Field didn't start the year well & I think they reckon he's too old.
Good player just dont think he'll get in. Please dont get upset, I know you boys out east take things to heart.
Field has had a fairly decent start to the year. Constantly in the best. I'm not taking this to heart at all mate I am just pointing out that Meggsy will probably make this squad with his early form. I understand where your coming from with that age 'rule' they have decided to take this year.

not going on what i saw,but then again might be different out in the pub.
i rekon gavin kelm must be one of the better players to go around in the last 15 years for his height.
Good one Mojo. :thumbsu: I said the same thing a couple of weeks ago and was hounded for it. The guy has won a Touhey and been runners up. If he keeps kicking 6 - 8 a week you would think he will also win the goal kicking.

"The guy has won a Touhey and been runners up. If he keeps kicking 6 - 8 a week you would think he will also win the goal kicking".

It all depends on how u kick the goals. I was at the Ararat v Saints game at the weekend and the little red head from Ararat in Thompson flogged Kelm in each contest. Kelm ended up kicking a bag in the end but all easy goals. Had no inpact or influence in the game. The little redhead cained him in each n every contest!:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back