What’s your weekly training schedule look like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you resistance training guys use fitness tracker apps/watches? Are they worth it for you?

Considering a watch but no idea if they're worth it. The sleep tracker side interests me a fair bit as I get insomnia pretty bad, calorie burn side interests a bit but I dont count calories in at all so likely little benefit (?), steps I'd like to get more in per day but could just use a pedometer for this.

Are there good cheap options you'd recommend using before splashing out on a 'good' one later?

Never even considered using one to be honest. A watch doesn't really track the data I need for resistance work and I know plenty of people who got them and never use them.

I think I took a fleeting interest in steps for awhile and a $10 pedometer off eBay did that job.

I'm not really a watch wearer day to day though so not someone who would spend hundreds on any kind of watch ever

Do you resistance training guys use fitness tracker apps/watches? Are they worth it for you?

Considering a watch but no idea if they're worth it. The sleep tracker side interests me a fair bit as I get insomnia pretty bad, calorie burn side interests a bit but I dont count calories in at all so likely little benefit (?), steps I'd like to get more in per day but could just use a pedometer for this.

Are there good cheap options you'd recommend using before splashing out on a 'good' one later?
I use my apple watch predominately to track my energy expenditure. But I also use it to track all my activities. I definitely think they're more suited for cardio activities in terms of monitoring HR, pace, distance. I wear my watch pretty much 24/7 - the new ios update tracks training load, heart rate variability (HRV - which is a very good measure of overall stress), VO2 max (which isn't completely reliable), respiration and shows trends and comparisons over given time periods for pretty much everything. I also track my sleep to see how it relates to other measures like HRV.

If you're only doing resistance training then maybe you won't get as much value out of using one.

I wouldn't bother with a fitness watch purely for strength training. I use my garmin to track workouts just because I have it already, but it's pretty useless for weights sessions unless I want to go in afterwards and edit all the exercises/reps/weight. I already use a basic gym app for all that though, logging sets on my watch is more for my rest periods than anything.

For running though I find it absolutely invaluable. It's a huge part of my motivation and I would literally rather skip a run than do one that I can't record on my garmin. I love all the data the watch provides about my runs.

I wouldn't bother with a fitness watch purely for strength training. I use my garmin to track workouts just because I have it already, but it's pretty useless for weights sessions unless I want to go in afterwards and edit all the exercises/reps/weight. I already use a basic gym app for all that though, logging sets on my watch is more for my rest periods than anything.

For running though I find it absolutely invaluable. It's a huge part of my motivation and I would literally rather skip a run than do one that I can't record on my garmin. I love all the data the watch provides about my runs.
Amen to this

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s your weekly training schedule look like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back