What 2014 grand final matchup would excite the most people?

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong vs Hawthorn is the obvious one.

I'd love to see a grand final derby.

I'm actually finding this quite hard. Hawthorn, Geelong great teams and produce exciting play but have been in so many recent GFs it just wouldn't be that exciting.

Essendon I don't want near the grand final because of reasons that won't be mentioned on the main board. Sydney I don't want near the grand final because of the COLA nonsense.

This leaves a Derby grand final between WC and Freo or anything involving Port or Richmond.

Essendon vs Hawthorn would be a great match up imo

Both teams hate each other and would just be a mouth watering prospect considering the history between the two. I hope it happens this season :D

Essendon vs Hawthorn would be amazing.

I'd love to play Essendon but I don't think it'll happen unfortunately :(

I'd like to see some big clubs who haven't been there recently suit up.

2 of Richmond, Carlton, Essendon would be great.

I'm sick of seeing Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong, Collingwood etc at the pointy end of the year. So I'll probably be dissapointed.

Obviously I'd like to see a Derby GF but don't give us any hope of making it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ever image concious Afl would probably be barracking against an Essendon/Hawthorn playoff. Grand Final week on Channel 7 and Fox Footy would be an ongoing loop of all in brawls and blokes being knocked out. Worse, Dermie would be front and centre giggling about how great the violence was between the two clubs. Don't get me wrong, I loved it all but I"m not sure the wowsers down at AFL house will.

Melbourne Carlton... Because they would both need a huge turn-around to make it there.
Or Essendon Hawthorn

Freo having a crack at the big game certainly generated plenty of neutral interest, the purple army was Australia wide, with 90% of the footy public (save only many StK and WC supporters) getting on board, if they can make it again and the Hawks aren't involved, then a Fremantle V Richmond would be big.
Richmond V Collingwood, Essendon or Carlton would get the place buzzing.

Hawks V Geelong or Essendon would be epic.

Remove this Banner Ad

What 2014 grand final matchup would excite the most people?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back