What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the career mode like? Haven't played a good tennis game in forever.
Only done exhibition so far to be honest.

It's said to be a grind (the last ones were too from memory), and as you know, with a child, there isn't enough time to properly invest the time into it.

I am content with just playing the computer in exhibition games. It's down to $60 FYI if you're considering getting it.

What's the career mode like? Haven't played a good tennis game in forever.

I had a hankering for a tennis game a few weeks ago, forgot what I was getting myself into (I loved Top Spin 1 - 3..... not so much 4 as the new way to play the game didn't always compute with me, wasn't good at timing shots lol - and Top Spin 2K25 is basically Top Spin 4 again (in terms of controlling the player and hitting the ball).

It's fine the career mode is ok (from what I've played thus far, granted it's been a few weeks now lol) can pick the difficulty and amount of games/sets you want to play so if you want short sharp bursts or realism... its up to you.

I know the internet has panned the graphics, I think they're ok without being fantastic.... but wouldn't say they are as poor as what others are saying.

I had a hankering for a tennis game a few weeks ago, forgot what I was getting myself into (I loved Top Spin 1 - 3..... not so much 4 as the new way to play the game didn't always compute with me, wasn't good at timing shots lol - and Top Spin 2K25 is basically Top Spin 4 again (in terms of controlling the player and hitting the ball).

It's fine the career mode is ok (from what I've played thus far, granted it's been a few weeks now lol) can pick the difficulty and amount of games/sets you want to play so if you want short sharp bursts or realism... its up to you.

I know the internet has panned the graphics, I think they're ok without being fantastic.... but wouldn't say they are as poor as what others are saying.
Yeah the graphics could be a lot better but they look fine enough, the gameplay is great which is what's more important.

Agassi is great fun to play with.

Recently finished The Last Of Us: Part 2, incredible game, can't wait for part 3.

Now playing another naughty dog masterpiece, Uncharted 4, haven't played it since it was released in 2016, up to chapter 8, cracking game.
I finished Part 1 on the weekend. What a game that is despite being 10 years old now.

I think I will pick up Part 2 at some point and play through it again.

I finished Part 1 on the weekend. What a game that is despite being 10 years old now.

I think I will pick up Part 2 at some point and play through it again.

Crazy that it’s been 10 years! I remember picking the game up on release on a Friday and literally playing it all weekend haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TLOU Part 2 Spoiler:

Playing as Abby in the hospital, that whole section at Ground Zero and then the Rat King zombie, especially on the harder difficulty, ****ing intense and annoying.

I have achieved George Costanza holy trinity status (tv, food while entertaining the ladies!) - albeit in the form of having (and running) 4x copies of the same game at the same time :p

I did end up getting MK 11 on the Nintendo Switch :D

uPiL40o.png

I have achieved George Costanza holy trinity status (tv, food while entertaining the ladies!) - albeit in the form of having (and running) 4x copies of the same game at the same time :p

uPiL40o.png

Your mortgage broker must be pulling his hair out.

uPiL40o.png
Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

TL;DR explanation: I just like playing the same game on multiple platforms ? :p Different experience (slight graphical changes, the challenge of adjusting to a different controller etc).

Long winded version (as explained previously):

I've always done it in some form, even when I was younger. In the 90's it was having Desert/Jungle Strike on Commodore Amiga and the Mega Drive. EA Sports games in the 2000's (Fifa 01/02 on pc/ps2, Madden 2004-05 on pc/ps2) etc. 2008 onward I was pretty much buying the same game 3x over ps3/360/pc year on year (fifa, NBA 2K etc) in order to play against friends that had the game but not all on the same platform.

There are other instances where I've recollected games over the years via different mediums (eg: The Sonic collection of games has been released and re-released many times over the last 20 years. And I've purchased and re-purchased it time and time again, most recently with the recent release of Sonic Origins.

The GTA games from GTA 1 & 2 (pc and playstation) to GTA III - Vice City & San Andreas. I've got multiple copies of each on ps2 (the original III before it was censored, then the censored version etc. The original and platinum releases of Vice City and San Andreas). I also own multiple revisions of Vice City and San Andreas on pc (original fold out digi-pack releases, then the re-releases in the amray cases years later. I also have a gamespy digital release AND the Steam digital release). Oh and the GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition on PS5 and Xbox Series X.

GTA V was a wild one, 360/ps3, then xbox one, ps4, then the ps5 and xbox series x releases as well as pc. Although my transition of ownership was 360/ps3/pc then the other console versions. But in this instance (simlar to MK 11 and Arkham Asylum as explained below) I pretty much only paid for the 360/ps3 and pc releases. The others were free.

Dark Souls: PS3/360.... Also eventually obtained the Games on Demand (aka digital) version on 360.
Prepare to Die Edition on pc
I purchased Dark Souls Remastered twice on Xbox One (physical first, then digital version later on)
Had to get it on Nintendo Switch (hand held Dark Souls for the win!!)
Got the ps5 and pc versions via cheap game sales.
*** I run through the game 2-3 times a year, and each time on a different platform to the last!

MK 11 is a different beast - got addicted to the towers of time mode and as I acquired the different platforms, I quite often run them all at the same time (some in AI mode, others playing match after match on each system) to unlock the same items on everything.

I also saw it as a "challenge" in that I was able to obtain multiple copies across the platforms CHEAPER than the original RRP of the game... it was only when I purchased it on the Switch yesterday that I finally went over the $89.95 mark overall. Have done the same with other games back in the day (eg: Batman Arkham Asylum - the original 6 copies standard and GOTY editions on ps3/360/pc) were obtained for less than the RRP of the original Collectors edition. The motivation behind that was the opportunity to get 2x the amount of achievements/trophies.... in the case of the xbox/pc ecosystem 4x achievements while replaying an awesome game!

Recently Started:

With the Marvel vs Capcom collection being released later this year, I've gotten back into Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. I like that it flirts between advanced but you can also get by with basic combos and tactics. I started playing it on the Xbox.... but have since installed it on pc (better frame rate and looks superior graphically lol).

Your mortgage broker must be pulling his hair out.

I budget very well for my hobbies and interests, talked to someone at my work about it the other week. My areas of interest (currently importing bluray/4k movies and tv series and gaming) isn't much different to those that blow $$$ on alcohol and whatever else on a weekly basis - and gambling to a lesser extent.

I do go through periods where money is no object (eg: buying some games at full price) but a lot of the games that I have purchased both past and present have been at dirt cheap prices. While I still buy the occasional game at or near the full price, the majority are purchased when they're on sale at mostly reduced rates (50% off or more).

I do go through periods where money is no object (eg: buying some games at full price) but a lot of the games that I have purchased both past and present have been at dirt cheap prices. While I still buy the occasional game at or near the full price, the majority are purchased when they're on sale at mostly reduced rates (50% off or more).

That is really the only way to game these days. Most people can't afford to pay full price for every release so you pick and choose ones that you must have straight away and then wait for the rest to go on sale. I do the majority of my purchasing during the Steam sales.

That is really the only way to game these days. Most people can't afford to pay full price for every release so you pick and choose ones that you must have straight away and then wait for the rest to go on sale. I do the majority of my purchasing during the Steam sales.

The Steam sales in the late 2000's - early 2010's were the best (actual AAA games for $5 or less!) granted there have been many good deals since.... the way the Steam sales worked back then was far better. But on the Xbox and Playstation digital storefronts....bargains can be had on Xbox more often than the Playstation... but Playstation still reduces things semi regularly and at decent prices too.

I've also impulse purchased titles based on the price - game that I didn't necessarily want but had heard good things about is cheap now ? I'll take a risk and buy it.

Some others eg: I purchased WWE 2K22 (first proper wrestling game I had played in years), enjoyed it... but didn't quite want to pay near RRP again when the next game (2K23) didn't really seem THAT different to me. Ended up buying it on pc late last year for under $20. I double dipped - and purchased it on Playstation a month later (not quite $20, but still cheap). I still rotate platforms while playing it and enjoying doing so....the cost of that enjoyment was still less than 50% off of the original release price :p. Have been tempted by WWE 2K24 - but IF I buy it, I'll see how cheap it gets at the end of the year.

I budget very well for my hobbies and interests, talked to someone at my work about it the other week. My areas of interest (currently importing bluray/4k movies and tv series and gaming) isn't much different to those that blow $$$ on alcohol and whatever else on a weekly basis - and gambling to a lesser extent.

This is me. I'm pretty boring, don't smoke, drink, gamble or eat out (except for take away once a week) so I'm able to spend on my gaming. However the past year is probably the only time I've ever had to consider purchases and my circumstances are pretty usual. There are a few games this year that in the past I would have just bought on release without second thought but for reasons that most can relate to currently I hold off. For a few of those I'm actually glad I did hold and will happily wait for sales.

The Steam sales in the late 2000's - early 2010's were the best (actual AAA games for $5 or less!) granted there have been many good deals since....

The old flash sales were king. Steam sales used to be fun and interactive and I remember constantly checking my phone every few hours at work so I wouldn't miss the flash sale during the sales events.

What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back